Mother's Day To cook or Go out or Order out ...

josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,258
edited May 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I'd rather cook or Order out ,than go out and deal with the Nightmare of Brunch or dinners .... :crazy: :wtf:
jesus greets me looks just like me ....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    order some food to the crib and relax
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    kitchens might be too busy for take-away orders...cook somethin' nice for your momma!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Clearly, i'll be staying home sunday
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Is this for your mother or for the mother of your children?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,258
    For my wife we're staying home she's on crutches has a torn acl i'm cooking all day , for my mom she gets some flowers and box of Chocolates ....
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:

there's always Mickey D's...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    I'd rather cook or Order out ,than go out and deal with the Nightmare of Brunch or dinners .... :crazy: :wtf:

I so agree. Like Valentine's Day, it's a restaurant nightmare. I'm hoping my husband grills me up a nice fat steak and makes a pitcher-full of Manhattans.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

serious, i'm not even gonna put pants on sunday. the couch, remote and i are going to become good friends
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    Our favourite Vietnamese place is never busy, even on Mother's Day. We went there last year and may just go again. If the hubby and kids cook it just makes too much mess...better to take me out! ;)
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,258
    Enkidu wrote:

I so agree. Like Valentine's Day, it's a restaurant nightmare. I'm hoping my husband grills me up a nice fat steak and makes a pitcher-full of Manhattans.

That's what i'm doing for her except i will sub with tuna steak & Margarita's ..
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

serious, i'm not even gonna put pants on sunday. the couch, remote and i are going to become good friends

81: I am guessin you three already are! :lol: :P

josevolution: What you decided to do sounds fabulous! I bet she will appreciate that so much more!
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Unfortunately my aunt is undergoing emergency surgery as I write this _ she's my mom's sister-in-law and they are very close.

So I will drive Mom to the hospital Sunday to see my dear auntie, then we will have a picnic along the banks of the Charles River, on the Cambridge side, looking across to Boston.

I may even sneak in a bottle of white wine, she likes that. And the smallest of the unlost dogs, she's very fond of my little dark mixed breed.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Don't know about all the other Mom's but I agree on not fighting the Mom's day crowd out and about..and getting all dolled up and all that. Naaahhhhh...

Much prefer to relax round the house in my comfies.

Cooking out on the BBQ sounds perfect!

Hope we all (in all parts of the country/world) have a great weather day for it.

Otherwise, the take out down the street is going to be having a great day! :D

Enjoy MOMS EVERYWHERE!
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Unfortunately my aunt is undergoing emergency surgery as I write this _ she's my mom's sister-in-law and they are very close.

So I will drive Mom to the hospital Sunday to see my dear auntie, then we will have a picnic along the banks of the Charles River, on the Cambridge side, looking across to Boston.

I may even sneak in a bottle of white wine, she likes that. And the smallest of the unlost dogs, she's very fond of my little dark mixed breed.

Sorry for your Aunts emergency. Hope all is well. Maybe she'll be feeling up to a bit of Mom's Day lunch by Sunday as well? Well...prob not the wine or the little fella...but a little bit of Mom's Day Cheer might suit her fine :D

Good luck. The picnic sounds lovely.
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    Nothing says,Happy Mothers Day,like a Baconator(double of course) from Wendy's!!
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    Enkidu wrote:

i don't eat meat
    however
    a pitcher of manhattans is right up my alley
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"