European preorder - worth it?

Hairy DaneHairy Dane Posts: 205
edited May 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Hi all!

Being European-based, would it "pay off" to preorder the new Eddie Vedder album + DvD from 10club? I mean by the time the merch will drop in my mailbox it would have been released to the general public for some time.
Would it be better to wait until store-release?
The only real pro, besides supporting 10 club, is the current Danish Kroner vs. Dollars rate we see at the moment, though it might be lost in shipping etc.

Any fellow Europeans got some input, it would be greatly appriciated. Thanks in advance.
Have fun, walk hard and stay alive.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• StophyStophy Posts: 69
    That is my thinking also. Unless it is purely a 10 Club limited edition I'm willing to wait a little longer to see if it's sold in shops/online.

Speaking of such, does anyone know if the limited edition songbook can only be bought through 10c?

Stophy
    London, England
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    No, you won't get it till next year and get totally ripped off.

I only buy tickets from 10c unless there is a badass hoodie.
  • PilateOfTheStormPilateOfTheStorm Posts: 4,319
    If you just want the normal cd then I would order it or buy it through your own shops - simply because of the time it takes for shipping. I personally don't think it's worth the few £'s I save with the dollar conversion if I have to wait an extra 1 month before I get the music.

I ordered the songbook edition through 10c only because I have a ukulele, love to play it, thought it would be a good thing for summer (which is what it will be when i get it - july ish i suppose)

I'm going to order the cd through amazon so that I can listen to the album as soon as it gets released.

I would order it through your own shop to be honest

The DVD, i'm not too sure if it's being sold elsewhere - I think I read somewhere on the Porch that it was being sold in Europe somewhere. I'd check with your shops to see if they are going to get it and then do the same with the cd, get it through local shops.

Hope it helps - I think unless you want limited - only available through 10c items then there is no point in buying cds that you'll be able to get at your own shops - the shipping time is too long if you want to listen to the music
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    i buy all from 10c,supposting the bands official shop and their fan club..
    im ok with waiting,i ship alot of stuff and know prices of shipping is up
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • foursymbolsfoursymbols Posts: 527
    I would buy all from TenClub but delivery time is ridiculous! Want to hear it as soon as so will just get it local! Considering it's already leaked & I could get it now online, buying it is good enuff...
    'It's a sad and beautiful world' - Mark Linkous
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Stophy wrote:
    That is my thinking also. Unless it is purely a 10 Club limited edition I'm willing to wait a little longer to see if it's sold in shops/online.

Speaking of such, does anyone know if the limited edition songbook can only be bought through 10c?

Stophy
    London, England

Songbook most likely is a 10c only thing...only one run and that's it. Ed created it, so you know it will be good! (it comes with the CD, has the same pics, and lyrics...'plus a few extra goodies') Vinyl pre-orders will get a digital download link. :D
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • PapPap Posts: 28,803
    i buy all from 10c,supposting the bands official shop and their fan club..
    im ok with waiting...
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    edited May 2011
    I don't see it worth it . Some cant get the money out there pocket fast enough $$ .

After thinking about it . there is no way i am going to give someone my money for over a month . when you can just buy it when it comes out .

https://www.auralexploits.com/ <--- comes to mind when you say Preorder all Steve is doing is using your money to buy more stock . ;)
    Post edited by Jokertt14 on
  • Hairy DaneHairy Dane Posts: 205
    Cool! Thanks for your input and that settles it - buying it all(!) from 10club then. I can wait ... hell still waiting for my PJ20 stickers, MonkeyWrench sticker and PJ20 buttons.
    Now I just need to find somewhere I can buy a ukulele :P
    Have fun, walk hard and stay alive.
    Hairy Dane wrote:
    Now I just need to find somewhere I can buy a ukulele :P

http://ukulelehunt.com/

they will tell you 'everything' you need to know! thanx for the link electrixlovex!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,976
    OR you might want to contact one of your american friends. Have it shipped to them then sent on to you. I did that with an item recently and he got it in about three weeks from the time I ordered. Mind you, this was a gift for him. But still the cost was the about the same with shipping twice as it would buying direct and he got it much faster.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    OR you might want to contact one of your american friends. Have it shipped to them then sent on to you. I did that with an item recently and he got it in about three weeks from the time I ordered. Mind you, this was a gift for him. But still the cost was the about the same with shipping twice as it would buying direct and he got it much faster.

ooohhh.....good idea mickey! and if you put down it's a 'gift' then across the pond, they won't get charged taxes.

- Christopher McCandless