My Dog, Vedder

whygohomewhygohome Posts: 2,305
edited May 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Since his name is connected with the band that we all love, I thought I would share the news that my 12 year old yellow lab, Vedder (my avatar), died this weekend. This is what sucks about having dogs: they just don't live very long. Anyway, he had an amazing life, and, whenever I introduced him to someone, they always said, "Oh cool, Eddie Vedder!" or "Nice, Pearl Jam!"
I even had some friends that would call him by his full name, Eddie Vedder.

His favorite album was Yield, and his favorite song was Given to Fly. :mrgreen:

(I don't know how to upload a photo that I have saved on my laptop, but the avatar is a good enough size)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Sorry Man.
  • TjteaTjtea Posts: 18
    Sorry to hear about your loss but it is good to know that you gave him the opportunity to live a good life.
    "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to get through this thing called life.."
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    sorry to hear that. RIP, Vedder.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,153
    my sympathies. i am so sorry to hear that. my yellow lab is getting up there as well. thanks for giving him the life that he deserved. :(
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    so sorry my friend
    we will lose our dog, ledbetter soon
    i know how it hurts
    :cry:
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
    I am sorry about your dog. You are so right that the only thing that sucks about having pets is that they don't outlive you. RIP Vedder.
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    sorry :(
  • whygohomewhygohome Posts: 2,305
    my sympathies. i am so sorry to hear that. my yellow lab is getting up there as well. thanks for giving him the life that he deserved. :(

That sucks, dude. Labs are amazing dogs; Retrievers, too.
    chickweed wrote:
    so sorry my friend
    we will lose our dog, ledbetter soon
    i know how it hurts
    :cry:

Sorry to hear about Ledbetter; great name for a pup.

Thanks to all for the kind words.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I am sorry ...
    its so hard to say goodbye

your Eddie Vedder will live on in all your loving memories

He is a beautiful dog
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    This is why I can not adopt another pet, their lives go too fast.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Sorry about that I sure know how you feel.
  • dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    Beautiful doggie. I'm so sorry for your loss. At least you have some great pictures, and I'm sure you have even greater memories. Sending hugs and positive vibes :)
  • hinxhinx Posts: 416
    So, so sorry for your loss.
  • autumnautumn Posts: 191
    I too lost my lab named Vedder recently. He was chocolate and we were lucky to have him in our lives and miss him everyday. RIP Vedder(s) :cry:
    autumn wrote:
    I too lost my lab named Vedder recently. He was chocolate and we were lucky to have him in our lives and miss him everyday. RIP Vedder(s) :cry:

RIP Vedders. I wish our Vedders could have met; though I think it may have been very confusing for them each time we called one of them: "Me? You? I think it's me. Wait. Is your name Vedder, too? What is going on here?!"
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is so painful. Done it twice already, and not looking forward when the third time will arrive. Love and light to you, whygohome, autumn, and chickweed.

"If there is a heaven, it's certain our animals are to be there. Their lives become so interwoven with our own, it would take more than an archangel to detangle them." ~ Pam Brown
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    So sorry to hear about your loss. Doggies are the best. They do nothing but love you back. RIP Vedder.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,595
    whygohome wrote:
    Since his name is connected with the band that we all love, I thought I would share the news that my 12 year old yellow lab, Vedder (my avatar), died this weekend. This is what sucks about having dogs: they just don't live very long. Anyway, he had an amazing life, and, whenever I introduced him to someone, they always said, "Oh cool, Eddie Vedder!" or "Nice, Pearl Jam!"
    I even had some friends that would call him by his full name, Eddie Vedder.

His favorite album was Yield, and his favorite song was Given to Fly. :mrgreen:

(I don't know how to upload a photo that I have saved on my laptop, but the avatar is a good enough size)

sorry to hear. vedder had a good run though, 12 years.......yield? that dog also had phenomenal taste! kasey's favorite is no code.
    www.myspace.com
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    This is why I can not adopt another pet, their lives go too fast.
    this why you must! you have a heart meant for a pet...
    filled with lots of love and appreciation

so many animals need this

God gave them a decade, give or take a few years no coincidence in this,
    their lives our lives to share....
    We can make their short lives happy and they in return can teach and give us so much :D

Life was meant to love!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your furry friend...losing a pet has got to be one of the toughest thing to go thru. Vedder was here to make your life better...remember those times.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    I had to my black lab Buster down a year ago and my wife had to remind me that it was a year ago to the day and it was like living through it all over again.

On a lighter note, as they say when a door closes some one opens a window, we just got a new puppy and we named him "Lukin" ("Vedder" was in the running)

So sorry that you had to do that. We love our pets so much and yes, they are here for a short time and, within that time they become such a huge part of our lives, part of our families, and its devastating when they have to go.

peace to you during this tough time.
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    sorry.....it is a hard thing.

Didn't you used to have a pic of Vedder flopped down on his side as your avatar? For someone reason I remember that one well...unless it wasn't yours ...
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Lizard wrote:
    sorry.....it is a hard thing.

Didn't you used to have a pic of Vedder flopped down on his side as your avatar? For someone reason I remember that one well...unless it wasn't yours ...

:mrgreen: Yup! That was Vedder. There's nothing like watching a dog roll around in the grass; at times, I felt like joining him!
    Boo Boo wrote:
    I had to my black lab Buster down a year ago and my wife had to remind me that it was a year ago to the day and it was like living through it all over again.

On a lighter note, as they say when a door closes some one opens a window, we just got a new puppy and we named him "Lukin" ("Vedder" was in the running)

So sorry that you had to do that. We love our pets so much and yes, they are here for a short time and, within that time they become such a huge part of our lives, part of our families, and its devastating when they have to go.

peace to you during this tough time.

Cheers to Lukin! And, condolences on Buster--labs are amazing dogs.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Very sorry to hear about Vedder. I too have an aging animal and fear she will not be with me much longer.

Take it easy.
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    sorry to hear that. I know how hard it is. Hankie is waiting at the other end of the Rainbow Bridge to welcome all PJ doggies..I know that he is ...Vedder will LOVE him.

Be sound, it gets better.

Peace,
    jo
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    I am so sorry for your loss of Vedder. What a beautiful doggie! *HUG*
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I am sad for your loss.
    I grew up with our golden labrador Tarkus we had him for 16 years.He was a deeply sad lose but our lives were richer for the time he was in it.
    I understand you will feel the same way about Vedder.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”