Options

Hartford=this tours sleeper show?

TKDTKD Posts: 163
edited June 2008 in The Porch
don't get me wrong, I think what I've heard of this tour has been great but I feel like hartford is gonna be esp sick. especially with all the hype msg got and boston is starting to get.
anyone else with me ?
Im a million miles away from home and I cant find a telephone...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    TKD wrote:
    don't get me wrong, I think what I've heard of this tour has been great but I feel like hartford is gonna be esp sick. especially with all the hype msg got and boston is starting to get.
    anyone else with me ?
    I've been getting this feeling too.....have fun, all you lucky duckies going!
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    lets hope so!

maybe I will win the lottery and get extra close!
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I hope you are right.

"whichever show sells the slowest we are going to bring it"

hence the SC set

you pays your money and takes your chances!
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    Hartford = Columbia

and we all know how crazy Columbia was
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    AddictedAddicted Posts: 124
    LukinFan wrote:
    Hartford = Columbia

i was there and it was something special. i also NEED A RIDE FROM BOSTON TO HARTFORD
    hold on to the thread
    the currents will shift
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    Addicted wrote:
    i was there and it was something special. i also NEED A RIDE FROM BOSTON TO HARTFORD
    I was there too- and yes it was. I wish I could give you a ride because that means I'd be there as well. Good luck
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    Addicted wrote:
    I NEED A RIDE FROM SEATTLE TO HARTFORD
    . hahaha, worth a shot, I guess....
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    LukinFan wrote:
    Hartford = Columbia

from your text to the bands ears
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    As good a chance as any. The last Hartford show was my least favorite of any, it was rainy, cold, PJ didnt seem as 'into it' as usual. Maybe they remember that and will kick it up a notch and lay down something everyone there will always remember and talk about.
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    I have a similar feeling, especially after, in my opinion, MSGs did not live up to the hype. Where is everyone staying? Is it possible to walk to the venue from downtown? I am staying at the Homewood Suites on Asylum St. Very fitting name for me getting some much needed PJ rest.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,507
    this show will go past midnight mark my words. They don't go on until 9, by the way.
  • Options
    spnoonespnoone Posts: 625
    i don't foresee a par-for-the-tour show. either hatford gets robbed because msg got all the good shit, or hartford is magic and we get ridiculously great shit like in my tree and parachutes and i've got a feeling.

at least msg took the last kiss bullet for us.
  • Options
    spnoone wrote:
    i don't foresee a par-for-the-tour show. either hatford gets robbed because msg got all the good shit, or hartford is magic and we get ridiculously great shit like in my tree and parachutes and i've got a feeling.

at least msg took the last kiss bullet for us.

Vedder might be on a "high" because he can go to around midnight, we're he can't do that elsewhere w/out the fines. He might be inspired!
  • Options
    spnoonespnoone Posts: 625
    Vedder might be on a "high" because he can go to around midnight, we're he can't do that elsewhere w/out the fines. He might be inspired!
    it's a real possibility. they're batting at least .800 this tour, setlist-wise. i won't name cities, but i only see 2 sets that wouldn't leave me giddy so far and zero that wouldn't have been worth the trip. no way and all those yesterdays could both happen. i honestly believe that.
  • Options
    Who You Are, WMA, Indifference, Oceans......YES!!!!!
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832

how do ppl kno about the curfew being midnight? that'd be sweet if they go til then
    and i hope you're right about hartford = columbia LukinFan cuz from how you feel about that show and Roo I know you're an awesome fan

gonna be my 10th and last this tour and my little brother's first show!
    only bad thing is my 10C #
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    Hey I was in Fairfield not that long ago, like a month ago. There was chairs all up and down the streets as everyone waited for a parade. Might have been Memorial Day weekend.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    how do ppl kno about the curfew being midnight? that'd be sweet if they go til then
    and i hope you're right about hartford = columbia LukinFan cuz from how you feel about that show and Roo I know you're an awesome fan

Hey, maybe youll win the lottery. What is it? Maybe a 1 in 100 chance?
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396

Most lottery winners have been high 10c #s who come from the home state of the show. Good luck!
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    corduroidcorduroid Posts: 293
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I can't wait. :D
  • Options
    I am a 10C member, but I am buying my ticket from another member at face value. If that ticket wins the lottery, will I get it or would the intended member have to get it?

Been a fan for 18 years now. Have a bad 10C# b/c I started and stopped membership twice through life's trials and tribulations.

Would just DIE if I got front row. OR the rumored backstage passes...Any more info on those?
    Springfield, MA 1994
    Hartford, CT 1998
    Hartford, CT 2006
    Hartford, CT 2008
    Albany, NY 2009
    Hartford, CT 2010
    Hartford, CT 2011
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    agreed Columbia was absolutely amazing! Bring on Hartford it's going to be special :)
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    As good a chance as any. The last Hartford show was my least favorite of any, it was rainy, cold, PJ didnt seem as 'into it' as usual. Maybe they remember that and will kick it up a notch and lay down something everyone there will always remember and talk about.

thats right! I've heard its going to be the dog of the tour again, although I kinda think Tampa may be labeled that after all is said and done . . . but after reading some of these posts, you guys might be right! this might be on par with say SC!!
    1996: Hartford; 1998: Hartford, Mansfield I & II
    2000: Saratoga, Mansfield I & II; 2003: West Palm, Tampa, Mansfield I & II & III; 2004: Boston I & II; 2005: Montreal; 2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I & II, East Rutherford; 2007: Lolla
    2008: Tampa, MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield I & II; 2009: Chicago I & II, Philly I, III & IV; 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford, Boston & MSG II.
  • Options
    I am a 10C member, but I am buying my ticket from another member at face value. If that ticket wins the lottery, will I get it or would the intended member have to get it?

Been a fan for 18 years now. Have a bad 10C# b/c I started and stopped membership twice through life's trials and tribulations.

Would just DIE if I got front row. OR the rumored backstage passes...Any more info on those?

bit confused . . . the member who you are buying the tix from is qualified to win the lottery, thats both his/her tix, so if you're buying the tix from him/her then yes you will the lottery by virtue of that member winning the lottery . . . did i miss something here . . . its not single tix wins, its both the member's tix. I should know I was 2nd row in Tampa (both tix)
    1996: Hartford; 1998: Hartford, Mansfield I & II
    2000: Saratoga, Mansfield I & II; 2003: West Palm, Tampa, Mansfield I & II & III; 2004: Boston I & II; 2005: Montreal; 2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I & II, East Rutherford; 2007: Lolla
    2008: Tampa, MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield I & II; 2009: Chicago I & II, Philly I, III & IV; 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford, Boston & MSG II.
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I sre hope so, ill be there tommorow!
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    Most lottery winners have been high 10c #s who come from the home state of the show. Good luck!

How do you come to this conclusion?
  • Options
    jojojojo Posts: 645
    it's just the warm up for boston i'm curious to see what ed has to say about being back in the woods
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.
  • Options
    RoeghmannRoeghmann Posts: 968
    Yeah this will be the show.
    I bet Breath, Imortallity and Undone will get some in the crowd moving. I´m really looking forward to reading the fanviews and listening to the bootleg.

Have a great show
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
  • Options
    pulaskipulaski Posts: 259

that doesnt sound too "RANDOM" does it?

sounds like favoritism

they really dont know what RANDOM really means do they. hence why they work for a fan club and dont have a real job