what you don't say, is you will have it on fumes when i pick it up. :P

There will be fumes. :mrgreen:
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,330
    While you're down by the warf, check out the Ferry Building. Cute shops and a fantastic restaurant --The Slanted Door. Sit at the bar for a while if you can and watch the workers juice crate after crate of fruit. They make an amazing ginger limeade cocktail and all of the food is fresh.

There is an oyster bar right across the hall -we put our name in at SD and went next door for some oysters and a beer.

We also ate at a seafood place right on the water called Scoma's... tricky to find but worth it!
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    While you're down by the warf, check out the Ferry Building. Cute shops and a fantastic restaurant --The Slanted Door. Sit at the bar for a while if you can and watch the workers juice crate after crate of fruit. They make an amazing ginger limeade cocktail and all of the food is fresh.

There is an oyster bar right across the hall -we put our name in at SD and went next door for some oysters and a beer.

We also ate at a seafood place right on the water called Scoma's... tricky to find but worth it!

I used to work close to the ferry building (in the Embarcaderos)

I like the wine shop in there, they usually have a few selections you can't get elsewhere, notably in the desert wine category.

And the cheese place in the Ferry building is pretty delicious (Cowgirl Creamery).

But note, all the prices in the ferry building are jacked up for tourists, be prepared.

As for the Slanted Door ... love the food, but this location is noisy as fuck in the restaurant. So, I think it's ill advised for groups over 4.

Has anyone suggested a ferry over to Sausilito or Tiburon?
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    jimed14 wrote:
    As for the Slanted Door ... love the food, but this location is noisy as fuck in the restaurant. So, I think it's ill advised for groups over 4.

Has anyone suggested a ferry over to Sausilito or Tiburon?

GOOD CALL ON THE FERRY! And friday evenings in both spots are full of live music and great food and wine. But both are great anytime.

Slanted Door is so delicious. Midday lunch time is not as bad. Charles Phan has other restaurants in the city that are as delicious and not as pricy. They are on the Slanted Door website.

• Options
    jammergirljammergirl Posts: 599

I used to work at the ferry building, at Il Cane Rosso (its between slanted door and the oyster place) there's great outdoor seating and yummy sandwiches, they sell beer and wine too. just another option for ya!
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,330
    Forgot about the mission district. on our quest for some bridge school benefit 420, we found ourselves at a place called the Revolution Cafe, 3248 22nd St.

Tons of bars, stores and cafe's.. fantastic people watching.
  • Options
    Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    My favorite American city, could spend weeks there. In no particular order:

Rasputin Records, Rouge Public House, Amoeba Records, Giants game @ AT&T (also one of the best ballpark tours I've ever done), eateries at the Ferry Building, Alcatraz @ night, cycling over the Golden Gate, Marina district, 21st Amendment Brewery, City Beer Store.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    The OP has come and left our fine city ... curious as to how their trip was.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    jimed14 wrote:

based on his feedback, i may need to cancel my trip. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

when is your trip again?

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    81 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

when is your trip again?

last week of june. i'll need your car from June 29th to july 1st. thanks in advance. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    81 wrote:

when is your trip again?

last week of june. i'll need your car from June 29th to july 1st. thanks in advance. :P

you got it. check the glove box.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,469
    don't forget to put some flowers in your hair.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Attaway77 wrote:
    City Lights Bookstore

just by chance, i ended up there. good call
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    My favorite American city, could spend weeks there. In no particular order:

Rasputin Records, Rouge Public House, Amoeba Records, Giants game @ AT&T (also one of the best ballpark tours I've ever done), eateries at the Ferry Building, Alcatraz @ night, cycling over the Golden Gate, Marina district, 21st Amendment Brewery, City Beer Store.

not sure if it was the same record store, but we ended up in one. entrance floor was full of old electronic equipment, basement was STUFFED with boxes upon boxes of records. :shock:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,255
    i'll b there for a few days (thurs.-sun) going to the outside lands festival on sat. hitting muir woods one day (probably friday). not sure what else. went there in '03 and did the sightseeing tour then. lombard st., the wharf, hit a zGiants game and golden gate bridge. Would love to do alcatraz.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Would love to do alcatraz.

book early they say. :ugeek:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,255
    yeah i know. usually i heard a week or two. maybe next time :(
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    A's are playing a couple of afternoon games (1pm pacific) agaist the rangers on sat and sunday.

it's worth jumping on the Bart and catching a game.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    i'll b there for a few days (thurs.-sun) going to the outside lands festival on sat. hitting muir woods one day (probably friday). not sure what else. went there in '03 and did the sightseeing tour then. lombard st., the wharf, hit a zGiants game and golden gate bridge. Would love to do alcatraz.
    The weather is supposed to be gorgeous this weekend, lord knows it is beautiful today! Have a great time! :)