Ed's Smaller Guitar - MotH

NotForYou91NotForYou91 Posts: 16
edited May 2011 in Musicians and Gearheads
Does anyone know anything about the guitar Ed uses on Man of the Hour when he plays it solo? Is it a Parlor styled guitar?

I'm just interested in maybe buying one some day. Is it tuned to a 3rd fret capo on a regular EBGDAE?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Is it the one in 'Nashville tuning' meaning an octave up except for the high E and B strings?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • NotForYou91NotForYou91 Posts: 16
    Pretty sure it's the same guitar yeah. Don't know about the tuning though. All's I know is you can capo the 3rd fret of a regular acoustic and play Man of the Hour and it sounds exactly how he plays it solo.

Could be a nashville tuning on a parlor guitar...

Thanks for provoking thought inside this young mind!
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I saw David Gray do a little acoustic set somewhere using a guitar in Nashville tuning, was a really cool sound.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Love it! There's a few thread's on EV's solo tour guitars.

My most recent addition is here: viewtopic.php?p=2352736#p2352736
    (Which has links to a few of the other threads....)

In short, yes that's a parlor guitar, specifically a Martin Size 5 ... and we're pretty sure it's Stones. And pretty sure he does the Nashville tuning. And very sure we want one too!
    [sic] happens
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Parlor guitars are often tuned up 1 1/2 steps and I'm pretty sure that's what's goin on when Ed uses it. Some of the review threads from his tour in 08 talk about it.