Options

Ticketmaster Petition

rsatlrsatl Posts: 2
edited June 2008 in The Porch
New to the board, so I apologize if this isn't the correct forum for this...

We all know that TM is a monopoly and their fees are way too high, but since PJ last took on the evil empire, online ticket purchasing has become commonplace. There is little to no standardization of the fees, so it is impossible to determine what the final price of the ticket will be until tix are available. Their practice of not disclosing the amount of their service fees until AFTER an event goes on sale needs to stop! If you are fed up with this practice, please sign this petition:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/tmfees

We need to bring attention to this smaller to combat the larger issue of the exorbitant fees and exclusive contracts with virtually all major venues/promotors.

Also, please visit http://ticketmastersucks.org/ to find out what you can do to fight TM and share your horror stories.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    This will all be for naught once Live Nation grabs a big sector of ticket sales.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    futile
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    pretty good first post....I signed
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    If people really wanted to take a stand, they would boycott all TM shows, but it seems like people are not willing to go that far.
  • Options
    rsatlrsatl Posts: 2
    I realize that I probably am spinning my wheels, but TM's practice of not disclosing fees until AFTER the onsale is downright deceptive.

Once Live Nation splits with them, I doubt things will get any better for us fans. Change needs to happen and full disclosure of fees is not too much to ask for as consumers.
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    voodoopug wrote:
    This will all be for naught once Live Nation grabs a big sector of ticket sales.

do you honestly think that LiveNation (or any other ticket selling entity) isn't going to charge fees similar 6 to TM???
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    firecrotch23firecrotch23 Posts: 586
    rsatl wrote:
    I realize that I probably am spinning my wheels, but TM's practice of not disclosing fees until AFTER the onsale is downright deceptive.

Once Live Nation splits with them, I doubt things will get any better for us fans. Change needs to happen and full disclosure of fees is not too much to ask for as consumers.
    could not agree more, i signed it but nothing will probably come of it
    Small my table, seats just 3, its not crowded, its just lucky me
  • Options
    RiotActRiotAct Posts: 56
    Don't be fooled. Live Nations fees are just as much as ticketmaster's.
  • Options
    kitfookitfoo Posts: 125
    And then add the outrageous prices the scalpers will charge after they buy up all the tickets the first 10 seconds they're available. (There was a thread on this a few weeks back talking about a guy who created a program that bought them all at once)