Options

Is this a good deal?

Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
edited April 2011 in Lost Dogs
A friend is offering to sell me No Code, Yield, Live on Two Legs, Binaural, and Riot Act all sealed for $365. This comes out to $73/LP. Is this a pretty good deal? I'll have to work hard to justify to my wife why I spent that much for 5 records. :lol:
2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    um, yes. that is a very good deal. :shock:
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    If you can't justify the full price tag to your wife, I would buy the set and then sell 1 or 2 of the albums on the 10C boards.

It would be a win-win. You get the vinyl that you can afford at a great price and you help someone in the 10C get a good deal too.
  • Options
    That is a fantastic deal, and I would just at that in a heartbeat for those at that price.
  • Options
    ShakesckyShakescky Posts: 342
    that is a great deal. i had sold my lps of no code (sealed), pearl jam (sealed), and riot act (near mint) for $350.
    i have witnessed some performances. i have soaked up a lot of memories.
  • Options
    Thanks for your responses. I thought it would be a good deal for Binaural, Riot Act, and Two Legs alone as those seem to be rarer. He also has Lost Dogs and Benaroya but has no plans to include those as part of the "special" :lol:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,707
    Better Dan wrote:
    A friend is offering to sell me No Code, Yield, Live on Two Legs, Binaural, and Riot Act all sealed for $365. This comes out to $73/LP. Is this a pretty good deal? I'll have to work hard to justify to my wife why I spent that much for 5 records. :lol:

That is an extraordinarily good deal.

All sealed and in mint condition... I'm salivating thinking of it.

I'm also jealous.
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    ahill721ahill721 Posts: 2,071
    Better Dan wrote:

Jump at this offer
  • Options
    robthepjfanrobthepjfan Posts: 647
    why cant i ever get this lucky??? heck if it was 500 bucks it would be a good deal
  • Options
    why cant i ever get this lucky??? heck if it was 500 bucks it would be a good deal

What are you looking for?
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:

Binaural
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    Better Dan wrote:

Binaural

And f'ING no code!!!!!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    that too
  • Options
    I dont think my friend could finish the sentence offering those vinyls for that price, even if it was 500, even maybe 600 i would jump and snatch them up REALLY fast.. that price is just insane. Wish it happened to me!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    tell your friend ill give him 500 :lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ill give him 505
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    ill give him 505
    you won... :) can you sell me for 75 the no code sealed :D;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    wow, this is awesome! lucky guy! enjoy your records. and eh ... pm me if your wife gets mad and you want to make some money back haha
    Keep on Jammin' in the Free World!

Stockholm '00 ~~ Columbus '03 ~~ NYC-1 '03 ~~ Boston '04 ~~ Borgata'05 ~~ Cincinnati '06 ~~ Hawaii-2 '06 ~~ Bonnaroo '08 ~~ Chicago-1 '09 ~~ Philly-3&4 '09 ~~ Columbus '10 ~~ Dublin '10 ~~ Belfast '10 ~~ London '10 ~~ Berlin '10
  • Options
    Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    That is an amazing deal. The Binaural lp alone regularly goes for north of $200. Riot Act is always up there in the 200 range as well. Binaural on vinyl would be my holy grail. I'd jump on this faster than you could imagine. Do it! It's a great offer.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,938
    I am happy you found these albums for cheaper than usual but I cannot help but think it is ridiculous how much these albums sell for. These are the regular studio albums- nothing that should be rare or expensive.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    I am happy you found these albums for cheaper than usual but I cannot help but think it is ridiculous how much these albums sell for. These are the regular studio albums- nothing that should be rare or expensive.

I agree. For a band that loves vinyl so much their albums shouldn't be so rare. I hope they are all re-released soon so that everyone can have them.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

sealed? they are pretty rare though thats the thing. plus vinyl is collectable esp 1st pressings and i guess the consumer sets the price. if people are prepared to pay it then thats what people charge.
    Keep on Jammin' in the Free World!

Stockholm '00 ~~ Columbus '03 ~~ NYC-1 '03 ~~ Boston '04 ~~ Borgata'05 ~~ Cincinnati '06 ~~ Hawaii-2 '06 ~~ Bonnaroo '08 ~~ Chicago-1 '09 ~~ Philly-3&4 '09 ~~ Columbus '10 ~~ Dublin '10 ~~ Belfast '10 ~~ London '10 ~~ Berlin '10
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,938
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

sealed? they are pretty rare though thats the thing. plus vinyl is collectable esp 1st pressings and i guess the consumer sets the price. if people are prepared to pay it then thats what people charge.

I did not realize they were sealed but for other bands I can find 1st pressings (opened near mint or very good) of their albums for maybe $50. I realize the consumer sets the price and I am not bashing anybody who buys these albums, I am just surprised that paying hundreds of dollars for a few tunes is considered a good deal by so many people.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    I did not realize they were sealed but for other bands I can find 1st pressings (opened near mint or very good) of their albums for maybe $50. I realize the consumer sets the price and I am not bashing anybody who buys these albums, I am just surprised that paying hundreds of dollars for a few tunes is considered a good deal by so many people.

I see your point - on the surface why is one record so valuable or why would someone think hundreds of dollars is a good deal for one album? But value is determined by consumers. These albums have a very low supply and very high demand, so they're expensive. I've never been into comic books, for example, and would tend to question why someone would pay so much money for older/rare comics, but I understand the mentality I guess. Just like records or posters. You could say the same about baseball cards or cars, etc.

I love PJ and I love vinyl so I'm personally willing to spend a bit more there. I'd dying for a copy of Binaural and Avocado but can't justify the cash for them on my current budget. But if I had the money, I'd buy them without any reservations. On the flip side, I'd never in my life pay half a million dollars for any car, even if i were a billionaire. That's just me - not a car guy. But I guess I see why some people would.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

• Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

I see your point - on the surface why is one record so valuable or why would someone think hundreds of dollars is a good deal for one album? But value is determined by consumers. These albums have a very low supply and very high demand, so they're expensive. I've never been into comic books, for example, and would tend to question why someone would pay so much money for older/rare comics, but I understand the mentality I guess. Just like records or posters. You could say the same about baseball cards or cars, etc.

I love PJ and I love vinyl so I'm personally willing to spend a bit more there. I'd dying for a copy of Binaural and Avocado but can't justify the cash for them on my current budget. But if I had the money, I'd buy them without any reservations. On the flip side, I'd never in my life pay half a million dollars for any car, even if i were a billionaire. That's just me - not a car guy. But I guess I see why some people would.

i have an Avacado i may be willing to sell
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

i have an Avacado i may be willing to sell

pm sent