Options

How Did People Do With Ticketmaster Tickets Today?

YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,514
edited April 2008 in The Porch
I saw lawn seats for Hartford and maybe Section 9 or 10 for Mansfield. Slim pickings.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    I saw lawn seats for Hartford and maybe Section 9 or 10 for Mansfield. Slim pickings.

I think it's just ridiculous! I literally got there like 10:00...and...i have section 13 for Mansfield.
    But, there's no reason to complain when we can't do anything about it!
    I shouldn't have been busy during the 10club sale! haha
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    Still pulling Section 9 for Mansfield II (or are we calling it Mansfield I?)
  • Options
    groovengrooven Posts: 32
    I just picked up lawn seats at mansfield but could have had section 14 ....the wife is not as much a fan as I am, so considering Ive been waiting since a canceled Buffalo show in the early nineties im not complaining one bit...
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    i think i got a raw deal on my TM tixs. good thing i have two 10c tix.

i got them 20 mins after they went on sale. virginia beach
    $80 each total after fees
    not in the lawn but in the far back section.

20 mins and they put me back there?
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,329
    bovy_j wrote:
    I think it's just ridiculous! I literally got there like 10:00...and...i have section 13 for Mansfield.

I hear ya. I had the phone going and 2 computer with FIOS at 10:00 and still ended up in section 12. I really feel the more tickets you try to order the less chance you have of getting to the front. I had to get six for myself and my friends. I should have just gone with 4.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    I was on Hartford at 10:00 and only lawn seats available. It froze a lot as well. Mansfield was hard to get thru for a while.
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    I hear ya. I had the phone going and 2 computer with FIOS at 10:00 and still ended up in section 12. I really feel the more tickets you try to order the less chance you have of getting to the front. I had to get six for myself and my friends. I should have just gone with 4.

I had 4...and that's where I ended up. So it's not the greatest. Maybe Pearl Jam will try and negotiate something with ticketbastard? Who knows! I'm not gonna complain though, I'm really happy that I'll be able to see the boys on stage again. They're a true gift to the industry!
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    computerized "best seats" are such a crapshoot...they fall in and out of carts - one minute I pull the back of section 14 for Mansfield - 5 mins later I check to see how much worse I would have done and I see midway back in Section 4. Important lesson, once you buy, never look again.
  • Options
    bovy_j wrote:
    I had 4...and that's where I ended up. So it's not the greatest. Maybe Pearl Jam will try and negotiate something with ticketbastard? Who knows! I'm not gonna complain though, I'm really happy that I'll be able to see the boys on stage again. They're a true gift to the industry!

I agree. I let my girlfriend know that I scored the tickets and told her I wasn't happy but she said at least we were going to be there to see them.

I agreed and then proceeded to go through a broker and pay out my ass for killer tickets for Hartford. I hated to do it but I said screw it.
  • Options
    sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    I got lucky... For Hartford this morning got in TM at 10:00:02 and only requested a single for my buddy who wanted to go also and got Section 200, Row C... That's 6th row center... I think he'll take one of my fan club tickets and I'll sit there...
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • Options
    I agree. I let my girlfriend know that I scored the tickets and told her I wasn't happy but she said at least we were going to be there to see them.

I agreed and then proceeded to go through a broker and pay out my ass for killer tickets for Hartford. I hated to do it but I said screw it.

Where are the tickets the broker sold you?
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2016 Fenway I
  • Options
    sk8nshoot1 wrote:
    I got lucky... For Hartford this morning got in TM at 10:00:02 and only requested a single for my buddy who wanted to go also and got Section 200, Row C... That's 6th row center... I think he'll take one of my fan club tickets and I'll sit there...

That's exactly why I think the less tickets you order the better off you are. Next time it's just me and the girlfriend.
  • Options
    I think if I had requested a pair they would have been at the top of the pavillion...

It's seat #221, so I speculate that there's 21 seats in the row and that makes ten pairs of tickets to fan clubers and one single left on the end of the row...
    2016 Fenway I
  • Options
    my friends all ended up with outside seating pairs for Mansfield - I have 4 singles under the roof, sections 3, 4 ,5 and 7.

It was kind of a clusterf*ck.
    Boston Garden 5/25/06
    Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Madison Square Garden 6/24/08 and 6/25/08
    Mansfield 6/30/08
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The answers are fatal......
  • Options
    my friends all ended up with outside seating pairs for Mansfield - I have 4 singles under the roof, sections 3, 4 ,5 and 7.

It was kind of a clusterf*ck.

No truer words have been said.
  • Options
    No truer words have been said.
    I'll tell ya, thank goodness for 10c as it was a lot easier getting tix through them.
  • Options
    I'll tell ya, thank goodness for 10c as it was a lot easier getting tix through them.

I haven't been a member in quite a few years. I'm kicking myself in the ass right now. Maybe it's time to sign back up.
  • Options
    I I really feel the more tickets you try to order the less chance you have of getting to the front. I had to get six for myself and my friends. I should have just gone with 4.

this is a no-brainer! it's even hard to get 2 tickets together...the best seat I've ever had for anything is when I just buy 1.
  • Options
    this is a no-brainer! it's even hard to get 2 tickets together...the best seat I've ever had for anything is when I just buy 1.

Maybe I should ditch all my friends and my girlfriend next time. LOL.
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    than you can't sit together with your buddies.

gggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    jxchambjxchamb Posts: 55
    At 10:01 only lawn seats were available for Hartford. I said no thanks.
    However at 3:00 I was able to score section 14 in Mansfield #1. Very odd.
    Regardless I'm very happy with results.
  • Options
    cippociappocippociappo Posts: 692
    I'm really worried for the Madison Square Garden...
    Semms hard to get nice tickets on the web..

Might be better to stay in line at a outlet?
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    teddy06teddy06 Posts: 1
    For all the years I have cursed and complained about Ticketmaster, I couldn't complain today. I got through ticketmaster, via computer, and pulled sec 200, row C1 (3 rows from the stage) for Hartford. Of course, it's only 1 ticket, but that may be the trick.
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    teddy06 wrote:
    For all the years I have cursed and complained about Ticketmaster, I couldn't complain today. I got through ticketmaster, via computer, and pulled sec 200, row C1 (3 rows from the stage) for Hartford. Of course, it's only 1 ticket, but that may be the trick.

good work!
    i thought that close would be 10C
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    corduroidcorduroid Posts: 293
    I went online at 9:30 a.m. and created a new Ticketmaster account, while waiting/browsing for PJ bought some different tickets :p to give it a run-through. They were in my box in 2 minutes and charged correctly/no surprises to my card.

10 a.m. I searched PJ, clicked more info for Mansfield, waited for less than a minute for the "best available" function, and was offered two tickets in Section 13. I added VIP parking and at 10:04 I had the confirmation email, same deal with the card - no issues.

Kinda surprised at some of the 'additional charges,' but what are you gonna do? Overall very smooth, pleased with the experience. Not what I expected.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,087
    good work!
    i thought that close would be 10C

It's a single...odd number of seats in the row leaves singles on the end after 10C pairs...
  • Options
    I guess I am just a great woods snob - I refuse to sit further away than sections 1-8, even if it means sitting alone. Besides, once the music starts I have nothing to say to anyone except WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAH!
    Boston Garden 5/25/06
    Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Madison Square Garden 6/24/08 and 6/25/08
    Mansfield 6/30/08
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The answers are fatal......
  • Options
    VartVart Posts: 291
    bovy_j wrote:

Same here I was on at exactly 10am and got sec 13 row P. I was hoping to get seats under the roof at least, but at least I'm not on the lawn.

I missed the 10C sale because I was at work and was busy away from my desk.
    PJ: 8/27/00 4/29/03 9/15/05 5/12/06 6/28/08 6/30/08 8/21/09 5/15/10 5/21/10 9/11/11 9/12/11 9/14/11 10/25/13 10/27/13 10/29/13 10/30/13 8/5/16 8/7/16 9/2/18 9/4/18
    EV: 8/09/08 8/10/08 6/08/09 6/09/09 6/18/11