Kinda Ames Bros. ish in Encinitas

JL45814JL45814 Posts: 8
edited April 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    I think it should stay up...art is art. Plus, I think there's no harm in being reminded to Save The Ocean. :mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    as much as this is cool as shit, they should probably take it down. Classic "can of worms" if you ask me. Every graffiti artist in the town would come out of the woodwork claiming discrimination. Like the article quoted...there's a process for installing public art, and these artists probably should have gone through the proper channels if they expected their art to remain in tact.
    but i hope they decide otherwise ;)
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Ahhh, my old stomping grounds. :D

There is lots of mosaic art throughout Encinitas and Leucadia that really give a nice touch to the area. It's in the sidewalk, trash cans, and other things along the 101 and Neptune Avenue so I think this fits with the general groove of the area.

At the very least, let the town vote on it before just tearing it down.
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    as much as this is cool as shit, they should probably take it down. Classic "can of worms" if you ask me. Every graffiti artist in the town would come out of the woodwork claiming discrimination. Like the article quoted...there's a process for installing public art, and these artists probably should have gone through the proper channels if they expected their art to remain in tact.
    but i hope they decide otherwise ;)

Never even thought of the graffit artists...good point... :thumbup:
    I still hope they keep it though ;)
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!