Getting ripped off by companies........

facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
edited April 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Ok in the grand scheme of things this isn't a huge deal, but tell me I don't have a point here.......

On record store day I was looking for the limited Nirvana release, and by luck found that Tower Records' Irish site had it available, I couldn't believe my luck, so I ordered it straight away. A couple of days later I thought I would check on my order status to see if it had been dispatched, and there was a note saying that it had been refunded. Obviously I was pissed off, but what can you do? So anyway fast forward a few days and my refund still hasn't gone back into my account, what's more, since I ordered the record from the England, I incurred a small currency conversion cost from my bank, as they use Euros over in Ireland. Presumably when I get my refund, I will incur another small cost as it is converted back into pounds. So essentially I am out of pocket because they sold me a record that had already sold out of. So I emailed their customer care people, and basically the guy has said tough luck, it's what happens on record store day. He hasn't even so much as offered an apology and is completely denying any kind of responsibility.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    that is definitely poor customer service ... unfortunately, that seems to be the norm these days ...
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Get their mailing address and send them a hot steamy pile of poo with a bill to cover your costs. Or just email them everyday saying you want a refund. I'd go with poo though.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    ask for a supervisors. in theory, it should be a cancelled transaction, as if it didn't happen. i'd pitch a bitch unitl you are made whole...even if it is only a few pennies.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I've just had a reply now, the guy is unbelievable!

Apparently I should have some how known that even though the website would allow me to place an order, I shouldn't have placed it because Record Store Day releases are meant for in store sale only!!
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Now that's a whole different story. Definitely contact a supervisor. If the website didn't block the sale, then it's a sale as far as I'm concerned.

I hate poor customer service. Excellent customer service should be the backbone of every business.
    Now that's a whole different story. Definitely contact a supervisor. If the website didn't block the sale, then it's a sale as far as I'm concerned.

I hate poor customer service. Excellent customer service should be the backbone of every business.

The stupid thing is that I'm not really even bothered about the money, it's the principle involved, and the fact this guy can't even say a simple sorry.
  • Jason78Jason78 Posts: 400
    Had a similiar incident happen in the past. Once I got my card company involved the issue was resolved. Sounds like you got more ripped of than those of us that bought the Death Cab RSD release. My newest test vinyl tester or maybe coaster.
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    This is where I believe a company should not charge your card until they are ready to ship. That is one reason I hate prepayments on pre-orders. But in this case it wasn't even a pre-order, it just wasn't in stock. You should never have been charged and should be refunded the entire costs you incurred. Must be hell over in Europe ordering items between currencies when you are about as far apart as I am from Ohio.

Good Luck!
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • This is a perfect example of why sometimes it's just best to go to the damn store and buy it instead of ordering online.

Think about all the times people have pre-ordered stuff from 10c for example, then bitched because they didn't get it by the release date or even weeks after. Live on 10 Legs comes to mind, seems like a lot of people didn't get their copy....also the Vs/Vitalogy rerelease...problems with that too. All could have been easily avoided by simply going out on the day of release and purchasing. That way you have it in your hands and don't have to deal with any online bs.

Not saying never buy stuff online, just something to think about.
    This is a perfect example of why sometimes it's just best to go to the damn store and buy it instead of ordering online.

Think about all the times people have pre-ordered stuff from 10c for example, then bitched because they didn't get it by the release date or even weeks after. Live on 10 Legs comes to mind, seems like a lot of people didn't get their copy....also the Vs/Vitalogy rerelease...problems with that too. All could have been easily avoided by simply going out on the day of release and purchasing. That way you have it in your hands and don't have to deal with any online bs.

Not saying never buy stuff online, just something to think about.

Trust me, I would have done if anywhere near me had the record.
    This guy is fucking priceless..
    Hi There,

Our attitude is not lackluster at all the situation has been explained to you and there is no issue to acknowledge and no flaw in our system. Record Store Day is a one day event where we sell rare records released by the companies on a first come first served basis the same as everyone else around the world. Our store and website run simultaneously like most stores who have websites. On Record Store Day there was a notice stating this fact so i cant see anything we have done wrong just the fact that you have been unfortunate like other people and that you were unable to get the item you wanted. You have been refunded in full so i suggest that if you are going to try E-BAY for this item you may have to pay a bit of money for it as there were not that many made available in the UK or Ireland. Good luck on that score.

Regards

Just to point out, there was no such notice on their website on RSD. I've asked to speak to the guy's manager/supervisor, but I doubt I'll get much joy, there's no other email address on the website, and if I ring the number I'll probably get charged more for the call that the fee I was charged by the bank. Ho hum.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    Call your credit card company and explain the situation.

And hopefully you'll get your money before the store goes out of business.