A extreme left wing moving train

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited April 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I think I will stick to this section of the board from now on after my short stint in the moving train.
Too many extreme far left wing leaning types there.
Next they will be calling me Adolf. :roll:
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Left wing? On the moving train? Are you sure??? :lol:
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    I think I will stick to this section of the board from now on after my short stint in the moving train.
    Too many extreme far left wing leaning types there.
    Next they will be calling me Adolf. :roll:

Yes, it's quite disgusting. I stay out there as much as I can but sometimes get sucked in. It's not worth it, same topics every other week get beat to death.
    I'll be back
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    I am happy being on AET with all you good folk.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    :lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

Like this guy here.

Like this guy here.
    true..im the left guy that works in Military.. :lol:
    too bad you have so hate in you..so hate that want revenge,want eye for eye..want people get killed cos you dont like their acts..
    too bad that cant respect others opinions and attack them personally...
    but ist so good that there arent alof of people like you in the forum..
    here we love music,we share thoughts,we respect eachother..you cant win with hate..
    peace....if that word has any meaning to you..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    why now you don't bitching.
  • just because people don't agree with you there you have to come here and complain instead of intelligently defend your positions on AMT? :roll: you are agitating people over there and people are giving their honest opinions on the issues you are bringing up, like in your defending your country thread, and you seem to be hurt that people do not agree with you. not everyone is going to get along when you talk about politics or current events. that is the nature of the beast.

i do feel that it is weak to bring that up in here, because the majority of these people do not post in there and they do not want to hear about things like that about AMT on AET.

maybe you should have brought this up on AMT instead...
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    just because people don't agree with you there you have to come here and complain instead of intelligently defend your positions on AMT? :roll: you are agitating people over there and people are giving their honest opinions on the issues you are bringing up, like in your defending your country thread, and you seem to be hurt that people do not agree with you. not everyone is going to get along when you talk about politics or current events. that is the nature of the beast.

i do feel that it is weak to bring that up in here, because the majority of these people do not post in there and they do not want to hear about things like that about AMT on AET.

No point trying to get a message through to the lunatic far left.
    But I will make a thread if you want.
    Thread created!
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    I just love that they are the type of people who think abortions are wrong and murder but blowing up abortion clinics and killing doctors who perform abortions is fine and dandy.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    This thread is going to be like cat nip to the AMT people :shock:

Only one rule... if you come over you must either
    a) post in why now you don't bitching
    b) answer a question in the answer the next question thread or
    c) post in a philly sports thread
    :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    Copy/Paste...

Considering it's namesake comes from "You Can't Be Neutral on a Moving Train" by Zinn, a leftist.. would you expect anything different?
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,160
    edited April 2011
    just because people don't agree with you there you have to come here and complain instead of intelligently defend your positions on AMT? :roll: you are agitating people over there and people are giving their honest opinions on the issues you are bringing up, like in your defending your country thread, and you seem to be hurt that people do not agree with you. not everyone is going to get along when you talk about politics or current events. that is the nature of the beast.

who are you calling a lunatic? my opinions are just as important to me and are just as valid as yours :?

are you fishing for attention or something?

what you are doing here is the same as if i started a thread here complaining that the guitar players in the musician's forum are mean and disagree with my choice of amp or guitars.....pretty childish if you ask me... the people in AET don't want to hear complaints about people in other forums.
    Post edited by gimmesometruth27 on

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341

Phew... good thing you said 'either/or' and it doesn't have to be all three as I don't post in the philly sports thread. Thought I wouldn't be able to wander into the AET again....
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217

who are you calling a lunatic? my opinions are just as important to me and are just as valid as yours :?

are you fishing for attention or something?

what you are doing here is the same as if i started a thread here complaining that the guitar players in the musician's forum are mean and disagree with my choice of amp or guitars.....pretty childish if you ask me... the people in AET don't want to hear complaints about people in other forums.

I agree gimme.. calling a group of people 'lunatics' because you dont agree with some of them will get you nowhere. You can have good discussions in AMT if you know how to converse with some respect for people.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i got yelled at for saying they were a different breed over there. i learned my lesson. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    i got yelled at for saying they were a different breed over there. i learned my lesson. :lol:

hey, they're into eugenics and population control over there, too. You should fit right in. :lol:

I stopped posting over there because it is impossible to have a rational discussion about anything. Everyone gets so MAD! and emotional about everything.

"i've got all the answers and if you disagree with my model of reality then there is something fundamentally wrong with you!"
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

hey, they're into eugenics and population control over there, too. You should fit right in. :lol:

:?: right over my head
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    You can have good discussions in AMT if you know how to converse with some respect for people.

But the times I have been in there and posted or tried there doesn't seem to be any respect for anyone who has a different opinion. It's the same in the porch if you say someone bad about the ten club. The ten club could kill a sack full of kittens and the majority of people there will defend them or say "if you don't like the ten club killing kittens don't renew, then I'll have better seats at the next show" which never makes any sense anyway.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • 81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

:?: right over my head

"Eugenics is the "applied science or the biosocial movement which advocates the use of practices aimed at improving the genetic composition of a population," usually referring to human populations.[2] Eugenics was widely popular in the early decades of the 20th century,[3] but by the late 20th century it had fallen into disfavor, having become associated with Nazi Germany.[citation needed] Both the public and some elements of the scientific community have associated eugenics with Nazi abuses, such as enforced racial hygiene, human experimentation, and the extermination of "undesired" population groups"

Hence, "they were a different breed over there" and the relationship with eugenics (building the perfect breed) and population control.

ok, umm... ermm... my jokes are kinda weird...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenics
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • "Eugenics is the "applied science or the biosocial movement which advocates the use of practices aimed at improving the genetic composition of a population," usually referring to human populations.[2] Eugenics was widely popular in the early decades of the 20th century,[3] but by the late 20th century it had fallen into disfavor, having become associated with Nazi Germany.[citation needed] Both the public and some elements of the scientific community have associated eugenics with Nazi abuses, such as enforced racial hygiene, human experimentation, and the extermination of "undesired" population groups"

Hence, "they were a different breed over there" and the relationship with eugenics (building the perfect breed) and population control.

ok, umm... ermm... my jokes are kinda weird...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenics
    i've never seen anyone advocating eugenics in the 8 years i have been on this forum :?

• i've never seen anyone advocating eugenics in the 8 years i have been on this forum :?

Really?

what about the people that want the government to tell us who can and cannot have children? (i.e. wealth, income, job/career, and even IQ restrictions)

I won't name names... but those people exist. That is eugenics... greatly popularized by the Nazi's.

(a Nazi reference is fitting here)

Yet people think that forum is LEFTIST!!!

WOW!
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    You can have good discussions in AMT if you know how to converse with some respect for people.

But the times I have been in there and posted or tried there doesn't seem to be any respect for anyone who has a different opinion. It's the same in the porch if you say someone bad about the ten club. The ten club could kill a sack full of kittens and the majority of people there will defend them or say "if you don't like the ten club killing kittens don't renew, then I'll have better seats at the next show" which never makes any sense anyway.

Yeah, some are good some are bad. it does get hairy in there sometimes. But I consider myself to be down the middle on many things, and i've learned a lot by cruising the train...My point is that you'll never make it in there if you get upset that people are a smart ass, then call them out, then just be a smart ass yourself (some people do this often, but you just have to identify those folks and steer clear)... or call people names like "lunatics". I often have choice words for some people in there, but i usually just bite my tongue rather than become a smart ass or start namecalling -- i think that kind of thing shows a lot of a persons ability to process these situations respectfully.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Yeah, some are good some are bad. it does get hairy in there sometimes. But I consider myself to be down the middle on many things, and i've learned a lot by cruising the train...My point is that you'll never make it in there if you get upset that people are a smart ass, then call them out, then just be a smart ass yourself (some people do this often, but you just have to identify those folks and steer clear)... or call people names like "lunatics". I often have choice words for some people in there, but i usually just bite my tongue rather than become a smart ass or start namecalling -- i think that kind of thing shows a lot of a persons ability to process these situations respectfully.
    I agree with you in that I'm down the middle on many issues, and one can learn alot in there. Sarcasm abounds there, on both sides, and it doesn't seem like discussion or debate alot of times, it's more 'I'm right, you're wrong (i.e. an idiot)' attitude. Anyway, just the vibe I get from some....it's best to avoid when it becomes that way.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,395
    Nothing on AMT can compare to The Great Ryan Howard Debate. :lol: (along with The Great Jeff Carter Debate and The Great Andy Reid Debate)

Best to stay out of Philly sports threads! All other cities are basically - we love our team, kumbaya. Ours are self-loathing even in times of joy. :shock: :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Everything I said was shot down by those with extreme leftist ideology, they all swarmed like angry wasps.
    Very few supported my opinions and I thank those that did.
    Goes to show the types that frequent there.
    Speak against the Australian Greens party and illegal immigrants = big no no
    Defend a war hero = big no no
    Highlight problems with immigrant ethnic groups in Australia = big no no
    Speak against China = big no no
    you speak with hate,you dont respect others opinions and making personal comments when you dont know what to say on others arguments..thats the problem..not the theme of the thread..thats why you got those responces to your thread..you think i woke up this morning to defent what Australian Greens party says about illegal immigrants?i dont give a shit what they say....but ill not leave those type of threads without a comment as long i see you puting out hate for human beings...no matter the color of their skin,no matter nationality..
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    i've never seen anyone advocating eugenics in the 8 years i have been on this forum :?
    To be fair, I was only advocating it for the state of Florida ... and fans of the New England Patriots. I'm just trying to make the world a better place. ;)
This discussion has been closed.