I hope no one is flying to St. Louis

ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
edited April 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Lambert international airport was hit by a tornado. Wow.
I hope everyone is safe. Second wave of storms in three days with damaging tornadoes.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    geez man this is one wicked spring.

was it bad? a big one? hope all is fine there :|
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    holy cow i just saw the video ...wow i hope everyone is ok
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    I'd say it was pretty bad. It really seems like it was a direct hit on Lambert. I-70 is shut down in some areas. Tornadoes all over the place. Scary shit.
  • i live a mile from the airport and yes there is significant damage there. it is closed until further notice. the funny thing is i did not know anything about the tornado..... my band had a show tonight in mid county at the same venue that was hit by the new year's eve tornado, which is about 15 miles from the airport. i knew that dangerous storms were coming as i was driving to the gig but i did not know the stormpath or how dangerous they were supposed to be. we started at 9 pm and played out first set and when i came off stage at a little after 10 i had 17 text messages asking me if i was ok. i was like "or course i'm fine. i am playing a show, why is everyone asking if i'm ok?" and someone replied that "the airport got hit by a tornado and there is extensive damage to the airport and surrounding areas. just wanted to make sure you are alright". i was like "holy shit!" because the first thing i thought of was my dog who was home alone. i had a friend drive by my house and check out the damage because i was not going to get home until after 2 am and they told me that my neighborhood was ok but the airport was a different story. i am going to drive by there tomorrow morning and try to see how bad it is and maybe take some pics. the funny thing is i never would have known it even happened until i got home had all of those people not texted to check on me...

i hope everyone around here that might be affected by this is ok. scary stuff for sure.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • here is a video of people in the airport watching the storm and then being forced to take cover. it is kind of surreal for me as i have walked through those same areas in that terminal a thousand times in my lifetime.

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Passenge ... 32919.html
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."