The Sports Show with Norm MacDonald?

Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,247
edited June 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm going to check a taping of this new show on Monday, Im a big Norm & sports fan so I can't wait!
A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Cool Face RyanCool Face Ryan Posts: 1,254
    its like Weekend Update all about sports. Its pretty funny, although some of it is like tosh.o
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    I like baseball..that's about it...but i LOVE me some Norm! :D so will be watching..if someone reminds me. CRS you know :lol:
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,247
    Weekend Update was funny as hell only when Norm did it, after that, SNL sucked.
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Weekend Update was funny as hell only when Norm did it, after that, SNL sucked.

just watching norm...even when he doesn't say a word...the expressions on his face...is hilarious

and that tone of voice ... omg :lol::lol::lol:
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    manutd3581 wrote:
    its like Weekend Update all about sports. Its pretty funny, although some of it is like tosh.o
    yeah, thats my hang up with the show so far... very tosh.o like... makes me hopeful though... if tosh.o can last this long, hopefully norm gets a fair chance to get comfortable with the show and get into rhythm... and hopefully tosh.o gets cancelled :D

i don't remember stephen colbert being all that funny the first couple times i saw the report... you had to get to know his persona first

it'd probably be awesome to be in the live studio audience... i'm sure the shit he says during commercial breaks is better than anything they actually air... have fun!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
    manutd3581 wrote:
    yeah, thats my hang up with the show so far... very tosh.o like... makes me hopeful though... if tosh.o can last this long, hopefully norm gets a fair chance to get comfortable with the show and get into rhythm... and hopefully tosh.o gets cancelled :D

i don't remember stephen colbert being all that funny the first couple times i saw the report... you had to get to know his persona first

it'd probably be awesome to be in the live studio audience... i'm sure the shit he says during commercial breaks is better than anything they actually air... have fun!
    I hope so, thanks , i will let y'all know how it goes
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    Unfortunately I think the shows falls flat. Kind of like Onion SportsDome.

The "What the H" bit does make me laugh though, pure Norm.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I was pleasantly surprised by the show.
    UpSideDown wrote:

how can you possibly argue that sportsdome fell flat?? that show was consistently funny

UpSideDown wrote:

how can you possibly argue that sportsdome fell flat?? that show was consistently funny

Really?? Literally everybody that I watched that show with agreed that it wasn't that good. They spoke way too fast to try and emulate sportscenter and you couldnt even digest half of the jokes. Not to mention that it looked like they were struggling for material the entire time. I tried to like it, but it just didnt work for me.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    UpSideDown wrote:

I thought Sportsdome was cool as hell, especially as a fan of ESPN that gets annoyed by alot of their personalities.

Loved the one where Pujols gets the keys to St Louis and the MMA fighter with medal hands.
    DewieCox wrote:
    UpSideDown wrote:

I thought Sportsdome was cool as hell, especially as a fan of ESPN that gets annoyed by alot of their personalities.

Loved the one where Pujols gets the keys to St Louis and the MMA fighter with medal hands.
    yeah i thought it did a great job of capturing not just sportscenters bullshit but also the onion's overall sense of humor... and i love gary paytons guest appearances... more random stuff like that would help

hope it comes back

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    "The Sports Show with Turd Ferguson"

Show name change, please.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    This show better be funny
    Too bad, Comedy Central has canceled the show despite good ratings and the fact THAT IT'S ACTUALLY FUNNY! :(

I wonder if Google had anything to do with it .... :ugeek: :think:
    OH, Google!

I take back my earlier comments, this show was getting funnier over time. The clips with Kyle were hilarious.

Cancelled?

What the H Comedy Central?
    i can't believe tosh.0 and that monster cartoon gets to stay on the air and this gets canned

WTF

on the bright side, hopefully norm goes back on tour so i can see him in his element again

did sportsdome get canceled too or was the season just over?? cause that was even better IMO

i can't believe tosh.0 and that monster cartoon gets to stay on the air and this gets canned

WTF

on the bright side, hopefully norm goes back on tour so i can see him in his element again

did sportsdome get canceled too or was the season just over?? cause that was even better IMO
    Sportsdome was cancelled as well.

The word on Comedy Central is that only MTV is more cheap and has less patience when it comes to developing a show.
    Jason P wrote:

WTF

Sportsdome was cancelled as well.

The word on Comedy Central is that only MTV is more cheap and has less patience when it comes to developing a show.
    are you fucking serious?? a clever sports show was exactly what CC had been missing

3 words for the CC folks
    MIND. OF. MENCIA.

stewart/colbert and parker/stone pay the bills for them anyway... let them make the comedy decisions

hopefully IFC picks up sportsdome to go along with onion news network

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,824
    Wow. I can't believe it got cancelled. That show was fucking hilarious.