Options

Ed was breathing hard at VA Beach

iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
edited June 2008 in The Porch
I'm getting worried about him. I wish he would quit smoking. I was so close to the stage, I could see him breathing hard. I never pictured he would do that since he's athletic. It was nice weather that night. He even mentioned it. I'm sure he was hot, but we had "natural a/c" or something like that, he said.

Please don't smoke Ed. I've seen too many older people I know get ephysema or die of cancer! I want to still listen to you when you are sixty. I'm a little bit older than you are. Don't make me switch to Perry Como, ok?
9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
10/10 - Brad in B'more
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    HEY!

maybe he was breathing hard b/c he saw me?
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    Boom had an erection at MSG and you don't see me complaining.
    Horry Kow!
  • Options
    he was out of breath a lot at Bonnaroo, but with all the hardcore rocking they were doing, it wasnt suprising!
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    MrSmith wrote:
    he was out of breath a lot at Bonnaroo, but with all the hardcore rocking they were doing, it wasnt suprising!
    thank you
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options

I beg your pardon?

I've got nowhere near as close to them as some of you have but they always look fit and well when I see them on... Youtube. :(
    Especially Jeff. He looks gooooood for a 45 year old!

I know it's been said before and I understand what you're saying 'iluvcats' but I'm sure eddie will quit when he's good and ready. :)
  • Options
    Eddie needs to give more consideration to quitting smoking - not so much for us... But for his wife & daughter.
    "Why stand when you can sit?" - Winston Churchill
    "Why sit when you can dance?" - Me
  • Options
    abyanksabyanks Posts: 59
    Shaun Morgan (seether), said in an interview that when he tried to quit smoking he could no longer sing the grungy type music becuase the strain on his throat and when he went to a doctor they said the phlem he produces becuase of teh smoke coats his throat.

soo maybe he cant stop
  • Options
    abyanks wrote:
    Shaun Morgan (seether), said in an interview that when he tried to quit smoking he could no longer sing the grungy type music becuase the strain on his throat and when he went to a doctor they said the phlem he produces becuase of teh smoke coats his throat.

soo maybe he cant stop

If that was a Stephen Colbert-style joke, you did a damn good job.
  • Options
    catwomancatwoman Posts: 256
    iluvcats wrote:
    HEY!

maybe he was breathing hard b/c he saw me?

That must be it!
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    abyanks wrote:

soo maybe he cant stop

Remember, he started smoking well after PJ had formed so that theory doesn't really hold up.

I'm in incredible shape, I run 3-4 miles per day, eat really healthy and I'm pretty sure I'd be out of breath singing 30+ songs, running and dancing around like he does.

Of course it's better to quit, but he can do whatever he wants IMO.
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I just played a 5 song set, and I was out of breath. When you're rockin, its hard!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917

THAT'S why it sounds like he's got a third hand on some of those solos ...
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    I get winded playing guitar hero ...
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    I know it's been said before and I understand what you're saying 'iluvcats' but I'm sure eddie will quit when he's good and ready. :)

I didn't know it has been said before, I'm not usually over here on the Porch.
    :)
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    ONCE DEVIDEDONCE DEVIDED Posts: 1,131
    Ed should do whatever the hell ED wants to do
    too many telling him what to do when all he has done is share his life, his gift with us.
    smoke, do whatever mate. live your life the way you want to
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    you all are right. he can do whatever he wants. he has his smokes and I have my saturated fats (sweets). If my husband asked me to quit eating icecream and junk food, not sure I could do it.

Sorry Ed, will you forgive me?
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    I didn't know Ed started more smoking when PJ formed. Hmmm... Really I don't understand people who do such of these things when they are already mature. I'm not judging anybody, it's only my consideration. Nobody is perfect, especially me...
    Everybody does sometimes "not -so -wise" things. Anyway I think this thread is not for giving advices, just a sign we worry about somebody, and this is the way all people here should treat this theme
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Just let Stone sing then.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    iluvcats wrote:
    I'm getting worried about him. I wish he would quit smoking. I was so close to the stage, I could see him breathing hard. I never pictured he would do that since he's athletic. It was nice weather that night. He even mentioned it. I'm sure he was hot, but we had "natural a/c" or something like that, he said.

Please don't smoke Ed. I've seen too many older people I know get ephysema or die of cancer! I want to still listen to you when you are sixty. I'm a little bit older than you are. Don't make me switch to Perry Como, ok?

As a 35 year old, who sings and dances the entire show, I am also soaked in sweat and breathing heavy, and I am healthy. 3 hours of aerobics and not supposed to be out of breath? I would be pissed off if I left a show where Ed wasn't out of breath, I would think he was holding something back.

I get why people want other people to stop smoking, but as a past smoker myself who gave it up ove 5 years ago, your begging him to stop is useless.

Everyone is going to die, and not to be completely morbid but I'm going there~! As a huge John Lennon fan and spending a few days in NYC for the PJ shows and having time to visit the Imagine memorial in Central Park, I got a glimpse in how totally freaky it is to be Eddie Vedder, he is quickly becoming a "Lennon" or a "Dylan", and it is scary f'n shit- so if he wants to smoke to avoid whatever may come his way on a daily basis, I just want him to stay safe and avoid the crazies, I could give a shit about the cigerettes!
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    I believe the air we breathe is just as bad or worse than cigarettes.They don't even hurt some people.I know a few people in their 90's that smoke.I have also saw the bad side and people that have had heart attacks,strokes,and cancer.I have also known people that were hit by cars or just fell and broke their neck.So when its your time its your time is my theory.Live life and have as much fun as you can while your alive.
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,178
    I believe the air we breathe is just as bad or worse than cigarettes.They don't even hurt some people.I know a few people in their 90's that smoke.I have also saw the bad side and people that have had heart attacks,strokes,and cancer.I have also known people that were hit by cars or just fell and broke their neck.So when its your time its your time is my theory.Live life and have as much fun as you can while your alive.

Why do I get the feeling you're a smoker? Sounds like rationalization to me. If you are trying to tell me that cigarettes aren't bad for you, then you are in some serious denial or work for Phillip Morris.
  • Options
    I believe the air we breathe is just as bad or worse than cigarettes.

No offense, but this is just ignorant.

I don't care how polluted the air is in your town, nothing is worse than inhaling smoke directly into your lung.

Do you work for Phillip Morris or something?

I'm with folks that say if Ed wants to smoke, he should smoke. But let's not make it seem like he's actually doing something healthy, for God's sake. "Hey, for every second I'm inhaling this tobacco smoke directly into my lungs, I'm not inhaling that cancer-inducing fresh air!"
  • Options
    Why do I get the feeling you're a smoker? Sounds like rationalization to me. If you are trying to tell me that cigarettes aren't bad for you, then you are in some serious denial or work for Phillip Morris.

Ha! Looks like you beat me to the Phillip Morris joke ...
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    you all are right. he can do whatever he wants. he has his smokes and I have my saturated fats (sweets). If my husband asked me to quit eating icecream and junk food, not sure I could do it.

Sorry Ed, will you forgive me?

Of course he can do whatever he wants. Of course you can too. You can eat your saturated fats... And you may get overweight because of it, and your husband won't be as physically attracted to you, because fat people aren't physically attractive & that's just the way it is. Ed can smoke too, but it means he'll die younger & therefore won't spend as much time with his wife & daughter, that's all. Now if you want to do that & if Ed wants to do that - go for it.
  • Options
    I believe the air we breathe is just as bad or worse than cigarettes.quote]

If you ever go crusin' in your ship while havin' a smoke... Don't go too far out in the ocean or you'll fall right off the edge of Earth.
  • Options
    In My DreamsIn My Dreams Posts: 299
    He won't die of lung cancer or emphasyma(sp?) because he smokes American Spirit. :rolleyes: Therefore, he will live forever. :p
    A real possibility I may meet you in my dreams ~ I go to sleep
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    I get winded playing guitar hero ...

haha priceless!
  • Options
    lateralus963lateralus963 Posts: 381
    Eddie needs to give more consideration to quitting smoking - not so much for us... But for his wife & daughter.

It pointless to beg a smoker to quit... my boyfriend is a smoker and while he is sleeping it sounds like he is gasping for air, it is really scary! I have begged him to quit, so has the rest of his family, numerous times and nothing works. For eddie to quit he needs to find his own reason, no person is going to do it for him...he needs to do it for himself.

So, I agree with what MattCameronKicksButt said that Eddie will quit when he is good and ready... Addiction, no matter what kind it is, a selfish thing. You need to except it, enjoy what he has to share, and hope that he one day comes around. :)
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, Continental II (NJ)
    2008: Camden I & II, DC, MSG I & II (NYC), & EV: NYC II
    2009: Spectrum last 2 nights
    2012: EV: Orlando I & II, Ft. Lauderdale I
    2013: Brooklyn I & II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale & Miami
  • Options
    lateralus963lateralus963 Posts: 381
    ... fat people aren't physically attractive & that's just the way it is...

That is an opinion, not a fact. ;) Search the net there are a tun of "curvy" fetish sites.
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, Continental II (NJ)
    2008: Camden I & II, DC, MSG I & II (NYC), & EV: NYC II
    2009: Spectrum last 2 nights
    2012: EV: Orlando I & II, Ft. Lauderdale I
    2013: Brooklyn I & II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale & Miami
  • Options
    bionicamybionicamy Posts: 424
    Could there be the slight possibility that Eddie might have taken the stage and not felt 100%. These guys do get sick like the rest of us but are professional and do not have the option of calling off.

As far as his personal life / habits go they are just that his and personal.

I enjoyed every moment of the Columbia and Virginia Beach Shows.....
    Each of the guys did an incredible job both nights.

And as far as the post goes it is just one girls opinion
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....