Gets me every time

milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
edited April 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone else on the forum get screwed by the fact that when you click on a link inside a post, it just redirects you there instead of opening a different window?
Every time it gets me.
I look at the link then close the window, then realize that I just closed out the forum window too...
You'd think after this many years I would get it...I'm an idiot.
"The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    I hate that too, it bugs the crap out of me. I try to remember to right click, open in new tab but I don't remember every time. And when I don't I do the same thing, close the tab once I'm done with the other page.

It would be such an easy fix if somebody that runs this place actually wanted to change it. It's literally a click in a box.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    Maybe you can set your web browsers preferences to automatically open a new window/tab when you click on a URL?
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    yeah, that gets me too. I've closed out several times by accident. And then sometimes my back button inexplicably doesn't work so I have no choice but to close out and sign back in anyway. It's a good day when the back button works. :lol:
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    HeavyHands wrote:
    Maybe you can set your web browsers preferences to automatically open a new window/tab when you click on a URL?
    mine is already set that way but it doesn't do it. :?
  • brother123brother123 Posts: 792
    EmBleve wrote:
    HeavyHands wrote:
    mine is already set that way but it doesn't do it. :?

I concur
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    milarso wrote:
    Anyone else on the forum get screwed by the fact that when you click on a link inside a post, it just redirects you there instead of opening a different window?
    Every time it gets me.
    I look at the link then close the window, then realize that I just closed out the forum window too...
    You'd think after this many years I would get it...I'm an idiot.

It happens to me every time lol
    I hate that, wish it would open a new window!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    If you use Fire fox, there is an "undo closed tab" option. I have it set to remember the last 100 closed tabs. Very useful!
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin