Options

Who has the better version of Satellite: PJ or DMB?

YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,517
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I haven't heard PJ live but EV solo tour may have it. DMB is classic but they need to maybe spice it up a little. And yes, they're completely different songs but which do you like better?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Elliott Smith
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    over_bends wrote:
    Elliott Smith

is he alive?
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    is he alive?

:(
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    I'm pretty sure Satellite is an EV solo song only, not PJ.
  • Options
    over_bends wrote:
    :(

"Good Will Hunting" is one of my favorite soundtracks. It's no "Singles" but it's pretty good.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure Satellite is an EV solo song only, not PJ.

Ok.
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    It must be two different songs w/diff lyrics cuz EV would never cover DMB
    But I believe DMB has tried to cover Black or Jeremy or smthg else
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    So it's kinda like comparing Foo Fighter's, Given to Fly vs Pearl Jam's Given 2 Fly, same song title~so let's compare the songs?

I choose EV, satellite, I guess that is why I am on a Pearl Jam message board and not a DMB message board.
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,466
    irieinindy wrote:
    So it's kinda like comparing Foo Fighter's, Given to Fly vs Pearl Jam's Given 2 Fly, same song title~so let's compare the songs?

I choose EV, satellite, I guess that is why I am on a Pearl Jam message board and not a DMB message board.

Foo Fighters = Learn to Fly not Given to Fly
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    jmccue7jmccue7 Posts: 119
    sure you don't mean learn to fly by the foos? also, satellite by DMB is better.
    Merriweather '00
    East Troy '03
    Boston I '04
    Pittsburgh '06
    Lollapalooza '07
    DC '08
    MSG I & II '08
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    Fuck DMB.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,810
    I'm sorry, but this is the dumbest thing - Eddie didn't cover DMB's "Satellite". It's a song I hoped would've popped up on "Riot Act", but didn't. It was a love song he wrote about the kid from the WM3 that's in jail and his relationship with his girlfriend. Totally different song. Check out the boot of this show at ATP back in '02, it's good. Also PJ has never covered DMB, and DMB has thankfully never covered PJ. The only ungodly time these two frontmen performed together was at the birthday party of Paul Allen in Seattle. Thankfully, I don't think there isn't any circulating bootleg of this - at least not that I know of, and hope to keep it that way. So let's please never speak this nonsense again so this tomfoolery is not burned into my memory. Thank you.
  • Options
    I'm sorry, but this is the dumbest thing - Eddie didn't cover DMB's "Satellite". It's a song I hoped would've popped up on "Riot Act", but didn't. It was a love song he wrote about the kid from the WM3 that's in jail and his relationship with his girlfriend. Totally different song. Check out the boot of this show at ATP back in '02, it's good. Also PJ has never covered DMB, and DMB has thankfully never covered PJ. The only ungodly time these two frontmen performed together was at the birthday party of Paul Allen in Seattle. Thankfully, I don't think there isn't any circulating bootleg of this - at least not that I know of, and hope to keep it that way. So let's please never speak this nonsense again so this tomfoolery is not burned into my memory. Thank you.

Um, it was acknowledged at the top of the thread that they are completely different songs and was simply asked which do you like better. You're one person who does not like DMB. That's okay. You don't have to like them. It was just a simple question. Just take it eeaasssy.
  • Options
    SammyK14SammyK14 Posts: 287

DMB has actually covered jeremy. it was a while ago and the quality was iffy so i don't remember if it was any good
    5 years of Jam...

06: Pittsburgh
    07: Lollapalooza
    08: Bonnaroo, DC
    EV (second row!!!!!!) in DC
    09: Philly 2 & 3
    10: Newark
  • Options

He wrote a love song about some kid from Wrestlemania 3? Weird.
    model role model
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,810
    Haha, yes, just before Hogan body slammed Andre...And for the record, no, DMB has never covered "Jeremy" - that same boot is mixed up with an apparent Phish cover of the same. Neither have ever played "Jeremy", it never happened - take my word for it. Its the version of Jeremy when PJ totally slowed it down. This coming from a former rabid DMB fan. Never happened.