Options

how do i...

Brain-o-JordanBrain-o-Jordan Posts: 31
edited April 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
make myself feel better when i just lost a 4 year relationship? it's all my fault, theres still hope we will be together again but that wont be any time soon how do i get through this? honestly i feel empty and dont know what to do.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    watch the notebook dude...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    hookers and blow :?:

i kid i kid....don't want to get yelled at.

enjoy the pain, move on. that's about it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Try not to dwell too much
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Masturbate until your hand falls off.
  • Options
    HarvtronHarvtron Posts: 148
    Music always works for me. Though if you and your Girl friend both enjoyed PJ, then it might not be best to listen to them. Being around other friends also helped me a lot. Pot also helped a bit but I started to look to Pot far too much to cheer me up. In the end, I found that help from my Friends and time, was the only thing that made me feel better. I know it hurts now, but it will go away at some point I promise. It might just be awhile.
    No matter how bad it is now it will get better.
    Camden NJ night 1 6/19/2008 (one of the best days of my life!)

Music is the engine to my Imagination and Pearl Jam is the fuel for that engine.
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    jeez... sympathetic crowd... can we give him some real advice before getting into the nonsense?

avoid being overly dramatic or stalkerish as that will prevent any chance of future rekindling (thought its unhealthy to dwell on that remote possibility too)

delete your facebook if that will help... delete her number from your phone if that will prevent drunk dials (how old are you? :| )

don't do anything blatantly to look like you're "over her" like immediately dating on the rebound... just live your life as close to normal as you can

surround yourself with friends and the things that you love

just take time to appreciate yourself and find who you are again... you'll probably find you're a new person on your own now than you were going into the relationship... enjoy that
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    i was being sympathetic ...and serious

i thought he'd like to hear ed's words on the subject
    and that it actually might make him feel better..you know, kinda like...OK I'm not alone, if ed went through it and made it out then i can too....
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    That's great advice, Kilgore. I hope you feel better soon, Brain-o-Jordan.
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,917
    jeez... sympathetic crowd... can we give him some real advice before getting into the nonsense?

avoid being overly dramatic or stalkerish as that will prevent any chance of future rekindling (thought its unhealthy to dwell on that remote possibility too)

delete your facebook if that will help... delete her number from your phone if that will prevent drunk dials (how old are you? :| )

don't do anything blatantly to look like you're "over her" like immediately dating on the rebound... just live your life as close to normal as you can

just take time to appreciate yourself and find who you are again... you'll probably find you're a new person on your own now than you were going into the relationship... enjoy that

Sorry to hear about your troubles OP. KT has given you some great advice though. Let yourself feel the pain but don't dwell. Learn from your mistakes and make an honest effort to improve yourself and move on. I wish you well and remember . . . There's always a springtime ahead . . .
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,757
    Temporarily keep her completely out of your life, surround yourself around good people and things you love (excluding her). When you realize that life goes on and you feel over her, then you can slowly bring her back into your life.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    edited April 2011

My response was a little uncalled for with the hope that sometimes dark humor lightens things up. Probably not in this case, but my best bit of advice for the poster is, surround yourself with positive things. Visit an old friend. Play some good music. Watch a favorite movie. Do things that don't remind you of the relationship. Don't necessarily find a rebound girl, but put yourself out there for new love interests and stay positive.

It's all state of mind.. Most of us have or will be there.

To the original poster, you are not alone.
    Post edited by LikeAnOcean on
  • Options
    Gob wrote:

My response was a little uncalled for with the hope that sometimes dark humor lightens things up, probably not in this case, but my best bit of advice for the poster is, surround yourself with positive things. Visit an old friend. play some good music, watch a favorite movie. Do things that don't remind you of the relationship. Don't necessarily find a rebound girl, but put yourself out there and stay positive.

oh i didnt mean you, gob

your advice is the best so far ;)

just don't picture your ex while doing it... that's unhealthy

• Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I know what worked for me. I went out and dated and boned as many chicks as I could. Some may say this is unhealthy, but I created so much craziness and mayhem in my life that I literally had no time or energy to think about my Ex.. and before I knew it, it was just a distant memory.. Good luck and sorry about your loss, but "no matter how cold the winter....."
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Gob wrote:

My response was a little uncalled for with the hope that sometimes dark humor lightens things up, probably not in this case, but my best bit of advice for the poster is, surround yourself with positive things. Visit an old friend. play some good music, watch a favorite movie. Do things that don't remind you of the relationship. Don't necessarily find a rebound girl, but put yourself out there and stay positive.

oh i didnt mean you, gob

your advice is the best so far ;)

just don't picture your ex while doing it... that's unhealthy

kilgore doesn't like hookers or blow....

he's missing out.

:P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    Sorry to hear. Fill up your time. With whatever it may be: hanging with friends, family, hookers, blow, bangin, working out, whatever feels right for you. Good advice to eliminate her from your life for awhile. You will be thinking about her enough and every bit of contact will make you crazy. With time you will move on and rediscover who you are without her. This time really sucks though. HAng in there. You will get through this.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, everyone helped.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Gob wrote:
    Then switch to southpaw.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,775
    learn from your mistakes, you acknowledge it's all your fault

I'm making a huge assumption that you were unfaithful, otherwise, it most likely would not be all of your fault, it never is unless it's that blatant a mistake.
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    make myself feel better when i just lost a 4 year relationship? it's all my fault, theres still hope we will be together again but that wont be any time soon how do i get through this? honestly i feel empty and dont know what to do.
    see life as a path and a blessing.... try to have faith in that
    'this as all things shall pass'
    find your own peace...if that is with friends, in music, work, family, wherever, whatever peace is for you.

learn from mistakes and love yourself... soon love will return and better than ever.
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Take (2) Vitalogy's a day...really loud for about a week. If you don't start feeling better by then, switch to Vs.
  • Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Temporarily keep her completely out of your life, surround yourself around good people and things you love (excluding her). When you realize that life goes on and you feel over her, then you can slowly bring her back into your life.
    Also, remember time will help you get through this pain...

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Gob wrote:

if i still had my thumbs i'd put them up for advice as great as this.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    81 wrote:

he's missing out.

theres a time and a place for hookers and blow, 81

usually on my heart shaped bed... underneath my mirrored ceiling

• Options
    81 wrote:

he's missing out.

theres a time and a place for hookers and blow, 81

usually on my heart shaped bed... underneath my mirrored ceiling

well done.

ok, serious reply

communication is the key. you all need to take a couple of days off, think about what you both really want, than have a open discussion about your futures.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    81 wrote:
    ok, serious reply

communication is the key. you all need to take a couple of days off, think about what you both really want, than have a open discussion about your futures.

this ^^ and then accept whatever the outcome happens to be.
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    ok, serious reply

i still think hookers and blow is the answer :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    ok, serious reply

i still think hookers and blow is the answer :P

well, guess we can't rule it out as a possibility :lol::lol::lol:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    Gob wrote:

if i still had my thumbs i'd put them up for advice as great as this.
    I can no longer use writing utensils myself.