Options

It sucks...

Jamminonthe1Jamminonthe1 Posts: 1,243
edited April 2011 in Other Music
Driving an hour in the pouring rain to see a show that was cancelled 2.5 hours before the show, but the notification was not sent until an hour before the show. Please feel better and reschedule, Chris Cornell.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    ya 3 hours ago on his fb page. too bad you didn't know ahead of time.

but hope chris is well soon..must be feeling more than a little sick to cancel. :|
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    So he even waited two hours to announce it on FB, and was still 30 minutes behind Ticketmaster's email? Weak.
  • Options
    LanternjawLanternjaw Posts: 553
    I drove 2.5 hours with my daughter (this was her b-day present). We got there around 5:20 and went to the box office to see when we could get in before going to grab a meal. The woman at the counter told us the show had been cancelled 10 minutes prior. The stage was set up and the tour van and merch trailer were parked behind the Bardavan... this was definitely a last minute thing.

Sure sucks but Cornell probably feels worse than anyone knowing there's a bunch of bummed fans. I'm impressed that he's rescheduling the show since it was his last east coast date and the place only holds about 900... I thought for sure we'd just be out of luck.
  • Options
    Ouch! That does stink for you guys.

The woman I talked to there used the word "if" when referring to a reschedule. She said she was hopeful, but nothing was guaranteed. Hopefully they do it and hopefully I'm still free to go. She did mention also that Cornell's agent was walking around the place in awe about how it was the perfect type of venue that he likes to perform at, so hopefully that will bode well for the future. And if not, he should play at the Chance, which is right around the corner and the greatest venue in the world.
  • Options
    And the van was still there at 7:30. If it wasn't raining I'd definitely have hung out there to wait to meet him :)
  • Options
    LanternjawLanternjaw Posts: 553
    He never made it to the show... at least according to the lady at the box office window. Apparently he's laid up and pretty sick. My daughter and I almost waited by the tour bus, too... fortunately we were too hungry and checked at the window to see when we could get in or we would've been waiting a lot longer for someone to exit an empty bus. :lol:

It is what it is... but it sure does suck!