Dynamic Pricing?

HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
edited April 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Ticketmaster is at it again. This smells funny to me.

http://pollstar.com/blogs/news/archive/2011/04/18/764364.aspx
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    they should just auction every ticket and be done with it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Concerts are becoming as bad as sports. The only people who can afford to go are corporations, which as our wonderful Supreme Court has told us, are the most important people of all.
    I just hope the bands have a say as to whether they use this system or not or PJ20 might cost $2.3 million a ticket to sit in the lower bowl.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Concerts are becoming as bad as sports. The only people who can afford to go are corporations, which as our wonderful Supreme Court has told us, are the most important people of all.
    I just hope the bands have a say as to whether they use this system or not or PJ20 might cost $2.3 million a ticket to sit in the lower bowl.

pretty much. bulls lower bowl on the side 1st round tickets are running 400. that's a friggen paycheck for some people, yet they are sold out.

the US is a greedy state.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Well technically (and don't put this past Ticketbastard), based on this system, simply "looking for a ticket" makes it "desirable" so if I search for a seat to a show Ticketmaster could then view that ticket as "in demand" and raise the price while my search is processing. I love that they are making "less desirable seats" more affordable though. I'm really looking forward to paying $20 to sit behind the stage or behind a pole.