Is this the greatest sports time of the year?

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited April 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
NBA and NHL playoffs are in full bloom, then toss in other goodies like Talladega, and when in doubt, add in some baseball filler.

tonight, Flyers at 6:00 and Bulls at 8:30. how absolutly perfect.
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    October's pretty good too, with the MLB playoffs and NFL season in full swing. I mean, back when there actually was a NFL.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
    October is the best.
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • brother123brother123 Posts: 792
    If the Bruins actually did something worthwhile then fuck yeah
  • sparky_frysparky_fry Posts: 760
    April is the best:

Final Four championships
    MlB opening day
    Nhl PLayoffs
    The masters
    Nba PLayoffs
    Talladega
    Nfl draft

How good is that?
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    October is the best.

What's so special about October?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    g under p wrote:
    October is the best.

Peace

MLB playoffs
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • sparky_frysparky_fry Posts: 760
    81 wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    October is the best.

Peace

MLB playoffs

So its the greatest baseball time of year, not the greatest sports time of the year
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Since baseball is my favorite, I guess I could go either way (now or October), the season is underway and I do like hockey playoffs, so I'm good either time of the year. :D
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    March is my favorite sports time of the year for 2 reasons:
    -March Madness
    -Spring Training
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    81 wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    October is the best.

Peace

MLB playoffs

Which now seems to stretch into November these days. I prefer April in that it's a scramble to keep up all the sport choices available. Also I was able to visit my sister at Boston University years ago.....saw opening day as Clemons pitched and 3 other games against Detriot, then a Bruins playoff game, Celtics game against the Heat (Bird was so fire) and after one of the Sox game went up to Coppley Square Hard RocK Cafe and ran into Boggs and Clemons who gave me a couple autographs. :D

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
    [/quote]MLB playoffs[/quote]

So its the greatest baseball time of year, not the greatest sports time of the year[/quote]

For me, personally...it's the best. Not necessarily for everyone.
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Not for me. I love when football starts up.
    Well, fuckers, he still stands.
  • jmurrayjmurray Posts: 3,538
    NHL play-offs!
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    This is the greatest sports time of the year because of the NHL playoffs and the rest you dont even need to worry about.
    Except for winter every 4 years to watch Canada win the gold in hockey and of course the months following for world cup fever!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Gotta go with February for the NWWMW Champonships.

203183_4.jpg
    NWWMW

huh
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    81 wrote:
    NWWMW

huh
    dude. come on.
    North West Women's Midget Wrestling.
    81 wrote:
    NWWMW

huh
    dude. come on.

are they allowed to toss women midgets?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    81 wrote:
    dude. come on.

are they allowed to toss women midgets?
    *gasp*
    NO!
    That would be abusive.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    81 wrote:
    NBA and NHL playoffs are in full bloom, then toss in other goodies like Talladega, and when in doubt, add in some baseball filler.

NBA and NHL playoffs plus baseball season is great. Not so sure about the Talladega thing...watching people drive around in circles isn't my thing.
    81 wrote:

NBA and NHL playoffs plus baseball season is great. Not so sure about the Talladega thing...watching people drive around in circles isn't my thing.

There are a few nascar races that are worth watching. Talladega and Daytona are must watch events.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

There are a few nascar races that are worth watching. Talladega and Daytona are must watch events.

I've tried watching a few of the big races in the past, but I just can't do it. Can never last more than 15-20 mins...
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    It would be if the HAWKS would grow a pair
  • bennett13bennett13 Posts: 439
    I'm more of a football guy myself (college fb, especially), so fall is definitely the best time of year for sports to me.
    Sawyer wrote:
    It would be if the HAWKS would grow a pair

Simpsons-Nelson-Haha-715091.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I am enjoying UEFA Champions League, its in semi-final stage right now.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,848
    81 wrote:

Switch out the talladega with the start of the Formula One Championship and you have a pretty good argument.
    Get_Right wrote:
    81 wrote:

Switch out the talladega with the start of the Formula One Championship and you have a pretty good argument.

i can't get into formula one or indy cars. weird
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,848
    81 wrote:

i can't get into formula one or indy cars. weird
    I dont care for IRL, the cars look strange.
    But I love F1. Open wheel racing on complex circuits around the globe. The Singapore GP might be the talladega of F1, street circuit at night! Monaco would be the Daytona. You owe to yourself as a motorsports fan to check one of them out. ;)