HELP WITH ANY GOOD TV SHOWS???

joewalshdcjoewalshdc Posts: 948
edited April 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Hey im in New Zealand and approaching winter so its time to break out the tv show dvds!! Anyone got any shows they think I should watch??

Im a massive fan of Six Feet Under, Sopranos, Boston Legal, Treme, The West Wing and The Wire. I have watched all of these and am ready for some more shows??

Any recommendations? Some good dramas or crime shows?

Thanks!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Have you seen LOST?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • joewalshdcjoewalshdc Posts: 948
    Newch91 wrote:
    Have you seen LOST?

Absolutely hated it....!!!
  • GC31608GC31608 Posts: 229
    Watch Dexter, it's awesome and very addictive.
    GC31608 wrote:

Yes watched all of that too thanks....
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    GC31608 wrote:
  • redrawredraw Posts: 1,280
    Breaking Bad!!!!
    Absolutely brilliant show....
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
    Mad Men?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • GC31608GC31608 Posts: 229
    Have you seen Justified? 2nd Season is about to end and 1st is available on dvd. Or Deadwood was a great "mafia" type Western.
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Perhaps True Blood.
    redraw wrote:
    Breaking Bad!!!!
    Absolutely brilliant show....

Never heard of this...just checked it out on Amazon...looks great....thanks.
    Didnt like true blood...love mad men...watched all of them too!!!!!!
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    Supernatural; Hawaii 5-0 (kinda cheesy, but improving; and the scenery is freakin' amazing - just the thing to cheer you up as you head into winter). I've just started watching The Shield - it's quite good. If you can access The Killing online, I'd highly recommend it. Rubicon was pretty good, slow but captivating if you stick with it. The Walking Dead.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    I second Breaking Bad...
    I've really been digging The Walking Dead, too. Season 1 was just released in March. I'm loving AMC!
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
    "SouthLAnd"
    Supernatural; Hawaii 5-0 (kinda cheesy, but improving; and the scenery is freakin' amazing - just the thing to cheer you up as you head into winter). I've just started watching The Shield - it's quite good. If you can access The Killing online, I'd highly recommend it. Rubicon was pretty good, slow but captivating if you stick with it. The Walking Dead.

hawaii 5 0 has everything that I hate in tv!!! Sorry not a fan!!! Will have a look at The Killing....cheers
  • Jamminonthe1Jamminonthe1 Posts: 1,243
    24 and Numbers
    Newch91 wrote:
    "SouthLAnd"

Oh this looks great...cheers
  • jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    Curb Your Enthusiasm, Arrested Development and Mr Show With Bob and David......More drama than you can shake a frozen banana at.
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    joewalshdc wrote:

hawaii 5 0 has everything that I hate in tv!!! Sorry not a fan!!! Will have a look at The Killing....cheers

I get what you're saying. It can be very frustrating and annoying at times to have the story spoon-fed to you, but it's a bit of escapism - and it beats so-called reality TV any day! ;):D

I think The Killing would be right up your alley.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • easily The Walking Dead. I'm not a zombie guy at ALL (never even seen Night of the Living Dead or any of that genre), but this show is fantastic.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    Deadwood
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    Angel
    Firefly
    Dollhouse
    Babylon 5
    Freaks and Geeks
    Undeclared
    Battlestar Galactica (newer one)
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Sons of Anarchy!!!
    and yes,
    Walking Dead, for sure...
  • Breaking bad is incredible very addictive!! I'd also recommend californication really great show
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    Fringe, from the creator of Lost but more sci-fi. I love sci-fi shows, can't get enough of them, I'm a geek and proud!
  • YardenYarden Posts: 820
    United States of Tara, Nurse Jackie, House if you like drama..
    Flashforward had only one season but a pretty good one.
    and Prison Break, Oz, Homicide: Life on the Street (just in case you havent watched it yet..)
    Yarden wrote:
    United States of Tara, Nurse Jackie, House if you like drama..
    Flashforward had only one season but a pretty good one.
    and Prison Break, Oz, Homicide: Life on the Street (just in case you havent watched it yet..)

Havent seen Homicide Life on the street. Is it really good?
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    Breaking bad
    Sons of anarchy
    Walking dead
    Entourage

Are the main ones I'm into. All 3 seasons of breaking bad are available in aus for about $20 each so I assume it would be out in NZ. The rest besides entourage I think you would have to download or get from the u.s.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Posts: 1,188
    Community.

Best sitcom since Seinfeld.
    joewalshdc wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    "SouthLAnd"

Oh this looks great...cheers
    Enjoy it.
  • redrawredraw Posts: 1,280
    Community.

Best sitcom since Seinfeld.

Oh Yeah - Community is an hysterical show!!!! :D:D
    Better Off Ted is another very funny one
    And Weeds is really cool as well.....
    And Always Sunny In Philadelphia
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25