WTF is wrong with people

Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
edited April 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
(OAK HARBOR, Ohio) -- An Ohio man called 911 at 12:11am Saturday and told authorities that he shot his wife and three children, and that he intended to shoot himself.

The man identified himself as Alan Atwater and stated, "There has been a terrible accident at my house, my wife and three children are dead." When asked the cause, the caller replied, "Gunshot wound." When the dispatcher asked if the caller killed them, the caller said, "Yes."

A SWAT team arrived at the family's white sided, two story farm house minutes after the call was terminated. Upon arriving, emergency responders attempted to contact the people inside the house using telephones and loudspeakers. After about two hours of failed efforts, police entered the house and discovered five people dead on the upper level.

The dead were Alan Atwater, 31; Dawn Atwater, 30; Ashley Atwater, 4; Isaac Atwater, 2; and Brady Atwater, 1 ½ years old.

All appeared to have died from gunshot wounds.

And this one

- A mother and her three young children were killed on Tuesday evening when she drove her car into the Hudson River in Newburgh, north of New York City, police said.
The Newburgh Police Department said the incident happened early in the evening when the 25-year-old mother, who was identified as LaShanda Armstrong, drove her minivan intentionally into the river. Four children were also in the vehicle.

One of the children, 10-year-old Lashaun Armstrong, managed to escape the vehicle which was completely submerged in the river. He was later driven to the Newburgh Fire Department by a passerby, where he told that his mother drove their car into the river.
Officials believe the vehicle would probably not have been found for at least a while if Lashaun had not escaped. But his mother, along with 5-year-old Landon Pierce, 2-year-old Lance Pierce and 11-months-old Lainaina Pierce, were all killed.
The reason for the murder-suicide, about 60 miles (97 kilometers) north of New York City, was not immediately known. But one of the mother's relatives had earlier on Tuesday alerted police about a domestic dispute at Armstrong's home.

WTF is wrong with people?! Leave the kids alone! If you want to die, kill yourself NOT the kids. I don't get it
I'll be back
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• appieappie Posts: 1,441
    Agree on that...Last week a madman started a shootout in a mall in my country and killed 6 people and then himself...2 of the victims were in a wheelchair and he even shot on children...
    Its shocking what happens in the world today and how easy people get over the limit to get to the point to kill..
    I hold my breath if this is the future... :(
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    WTF is wrong with people?! Leave the kids alone! If you want to die, kill yourself NOT the kids. I don't get it

I hate to say it, but some people are not able to control themselves. Mental illness is a serious thing. It can break down the barriers of a person's mind until "rational" thought becomes unattainable, and "normal" healthy behavior becomes drowned out.

I'm not saying that I know what happened in each of these cases, but speculating about it will be a fruitless effort. As outsiders all we can really do is offer condolences to those who have experienced loss, and empathy and help to those so-in-need of assistance.

Regrettably, I feel there is no answer after the fact.
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • number1PJfannumber1PJfan Posts: 3,748
    In a neighboring town to me a grandmother took her grandson in the bathroom at a gas station and shot him and then turned the gun on herself. He died and she wound up in the hospital. Don't really know what happened to her... :? :roll:
  • FUCK I hate these types of threads. I read that NY woman situation online at work and started weeping at my desk. I can't imagine how damaged a person has to be to kill their own children.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    So sad to think that these peoples lives were so terrible that they resorted to this. But to kill their children... that is heart wrenching.
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    Not too long ago, a man threw his little girl off the West Gate Bridge in Melbourne. He has just recently gone to court about it and from what I heard, they have dismissed his insanity plea. I know depression is real, I know mental disorders are real, I have never had either so I can't comment on what goes on in these people's minds but what gets me is that noone checks on these people. A woman killed her baby not long ago because she thought he was possessed. They knew that lady had a prior mental history and they let her go home with a little baby and never checked on her?????
    I have quite a few people in our family with mental issues and noone checks on them either. We went to check on one such family member to find him in complete squallor. It's not right, I don't know about other countries but our mental health system sucks!
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
    Think I have to go wake my little one up and give her a big snuggle. :(
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    Loulou wrote:

Yip I'll being giving my 2 a huge hug when I pick them up shortly.
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • whygohomewhygohome Posts: 2,305
    What is wrong with people? There are far too many of them.

We are spreading like a plague across the planet.
    tinkerbell wrote:
    Loulou wrote:

Yip I'll being giving my 2 a huge hug when I pick them up shortly.
    :) Sends shivers up your spine when you hear about little one's getting hurt.
    Like Paul said, how messed up would you have to be to want to do that??? Very sad.

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2