ABC Cancels All My Children & One Life To Live

g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
edited April 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I didn't see this posted anywhere but I must say I'm shocked. :shock:

OLTL_AMC_Split_320x240.jpg

Iconic Shows All My Children and One Life to Live Will Broadcast Their Final Episodes in September 2011 and January 2012, Respectively; Series Will Sunset in a Manner That Honors Viewers and the Shows’ Creative Legacies

All My Children & One Life to Live Announcement

AMC was THE show to watch in the late 70's while I was in school, it's sad to hear it's leaving the airways.

I betcha the RISE of the internet and social networks has brought on the demise of these shows.

Peace
*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
.....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Thank God
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    They best not touch my GH :shock:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    ABC killed the soap opera star
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,808
    That sucks. Yea they better not touch General Hospital.
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,808
    Why not just move them to the Soap channel?
    I miss igotid88
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    One time in a job interview I was asked "If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?" Before i could give it a second thought I blurted out "Pine Valley". ...The boss was a big fan and I got the job. :lol:

RIP All My Children. RIP Erica Cane. ...At least you still have your pilates equipment to hawk on QCV.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    igotid88 wrote:
    That sucks. Yea they better not touch General Hospital.

Unless the internet and social networks die within 5 years General Hospital will next. :o

They'll probably replace it with some odd reality show.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    g under p wrote:
    AMC was THE show to watch in the late 70's while I was in school, it's sad to hear it's leaving the airways.

I betcha the RISE of the internet and social networks has brought on the demise of these shows.

Peace
    Are you kidding? AMC was the show to watch in the EARLY 70s, when I was a teenager.
    Erica was the first TV character to have an abortion.
    She's probably the only character left that I'd recognize.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    g under p wrote:

Peace
    Are you kidding? AMC was the show to watch in the EARLY 70s, when I was a teenager.
    Erica was the first TV character to have an abortion.
    She's probably the only character left that I'd recognize.

The EARLY 70's I was a bit too young for that show and I had way too many other interests like Beantown Sports. When I got to college that's where all my friends were watching and I caught the bug of watching also.

Peace

I watched GH in the commons at school on break in the early 70's...its had a good run but I missed whole lotta years and hope it will stick around some time longer.

Its such a good show handling everyday topics, some recently...
    physical abuse, rape, stress syndrome and currently alcoholics with what just happened to Luke.
    They give hotlines and info to the viewer on where to get help. It is social minded, funny, light, deep, and sometimes scary ...James Franco! he's due back soon, great character.

But what really moves me is all the love ... in a brief few minutes they will show all the types of loving relationships, often it makes me cry. It's nice to think of all the love in the world if only for a few minutes a day.

There's got to be enough stupid court shows, games shows, dumb talk shows,
    and doctor shows all centering around negative stuff or self help to do's that no one does.

Leave me my Port Charles, with the strong role model women
    and the much more than just handsome men,
    leave the city I can get lost in, I can laugh and cry in ...it is a bright spot in my week.

They best not touch my GH!
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Don't worry Pandi - GH will be around for a long time !!!!

Btw - I've been watching The Young & Restless since I was 12 yrs old.... :shock: That soap will be around for a long time as well.... :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    mikalina wrote:
    Don't worry Pandi - GH will be around for a long time !!!!

Btw - I've been watching The Young & Restless since I was 12 yrs old.... :shock: That soap will be around for a long time as well.... :D
    Oh I hope so...last night I sat down to watch it...I DVR
    and thought if it goes off I'll have to resort to the evening news ... shudders... that will put my head in an entirely different place by the time JB gets home :(

I forgot to mention they just covered organ transplant in a very emotional story line
    of a 4 years old tragic passing and the saving of a little girl and many more children.

Love my show!

We must keep it and
    The Young And Restless
    and
    Days of Our Lives for Mama Lu too. She's been watching for 46 years! :shock:

Hope your day is great mik :D