How many times can you spin around in your office chair?

kevinbeetlekevinbeetle Posts: 358
edited April 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
No kidding, I just spun 8 and a half times (3060 degrees). Now, I'm a little dizzy. I'm sure I could do more, but I need some time to recuperate. I'm curious how I stand with everyone here. I guess I should throw out some rules and regulations.

The chair can be any desk or office chair. If you list the make and model, it will help for compartive testing.
Both feet must be on the floor prior to the spin.
You must self propel the spin with your feet. No foreign machinery or other people can begin or assist in the spinning process. You cannot self assist your spin once it begins, i.e. push off objects with your body.
Your feet must remain in the air until the chair stops spinning.
No WD40 allowed. Or any other lubricants, for that matter.
If you vomit, the spin cycle does not count.
If you fall off the chair, the spin cycle does not count.

I'm using the Office Star™ Mid-Back Mesh Manager's Chair, Black
http://www.staples.com/Office-Star-High ... uct_673793
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Depends on if I have that fat pig from the steno pool sitting on my lap.

wait, I just saw the rule about no lubricants so my count doesn't count.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    not gonna do it
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    I just tried this. I didn't life my feet high enough. The heel of my shoe got caught on the chair leg and I just flew out of my chair and face planted on the ground with a large audience. ...I need to remember I'm a clutz before trying such things. :lol:
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    I just tried this.

Please tell me there is video...
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    I just tried this. I didn't life my feet high enough. The heel of my shoe got caught on the chair leg and I just flew out of my chair and face planted on the ground with a large audience. ...I need to remember I'm a clutz before trying such things. :lol:

holy chit
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    One and a half.. This chair can suck it
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    81 wrote:
    not gonna do it

wouldn't be prudent :lol:

sorry but your reply reminded me of Bush Sr. :lol:
  • This thread has single handedly restored my faith in humanity
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    I just tried this.

Please tell me there is video...

No, but I do believe I am going to have a giant bruise on my face. I smashed it hard. :lol:

• 4 times - and i drank way too much last night --- poor choice
  • kevinbeetlekevinbeetle Posts: 358
    One and a half.. This chair can suck it

have you tried adjusting the height. reduced friction between the chair post and stem could postively increase your spin cycles.
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    This thread has single handedly restored my faith in humanity
    +1 :clap: :thumbup: when the office is nice & quiet tonight I'll post my results :D
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    4 almost 5
    Recovered from falling, raised the height and got... 2.

I love the image of everyone spinning around trying this. Go Go Gadget Chair!

• JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Or any other lubricants, for that matter.

:lol:

I got 4 before I got tripped up on some crap piled in the corner... not enought space in here, but this thing spins like a top -- no added lubricants here.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    RYEzupSF wrote:

drop the arm rests down. you want to get a stable center of gravity. i failed to mention this with my other advice.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,395
    What a rdiculous waste of time. I'll try it later. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    RYEzupSF wrote:

drop the arm rests down. you want to get a stable center of gravity. i failed to mention this with my other advice.

Thanks! 6 and dizzy!

Its a slow day. this has now become a secret office competition with a $50 pot. :lol:

RYEzupSF wrote:
    Its a slow day. this has now become a secret office competition with a $50 pot. :lol:

i'm in if their is money involved
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:

i'm in if their is money involved

$5 buy in and you need a witness. video works if you are telecommuting.

• 11!!!!

I have a new office chair so if I just give it a small kick I can do 3 or 4 circles.

keep your feet tucked in and stare at your crotch. Don't pay attention to the room spinning.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    11!!!!

I have a new office chair so if I just give it a small kick I can do 3 or 4 circles.

keep your feet tucked in and stare at your crotch. Don't pay attention to the room spinning.

11!!!!

sounds like my typical saturday night
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    11!!!!

sounds like my typical saturday night
    11!!!!

make and model, please
  • 11!!!!

make and model, please

it says "the Hon Company" all over it... the only thing that looks like a model number is: DYSOQU
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,395
    One. I've got the Pinto of office chairs. :twisted:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    office is empty so i just tried. 8! felt like i just did a whip it or somethin
    office is empty so i just tried. 8! felt like i just did a whip it or somethin
    I miss whip its.. you just gave me an idea for something to do tonight :mrgreen: