Options

Seattle Music History Tour: Pearl Jam HQ

2»

Comments

• Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    Laf9124 wrote:
    That was a fantastic and intriguing read. Why can't we get something like that in Deep magazine with some pictures?

+1 They should do something like this for Deep magazine. At least show us some pictures of the place!
    Did you ever see the promo video they did for Backspacer or S/T? The live performances were done in that room--in front of the Ramones backdrop.

pearljam010911b.jpg

HQ.jpg

And some more of Matt rehearsing there w/Soundgarden...
    http://www.soundgardenworld.com/media?page=1
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    ejh76ejh76 Posts: 133
    aweeesome! we could all be blind folded until we enter the building!
    NEVER going to happen though...we would refuse to leave!
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    I know back in 2003 or so, Metallica had a contest where they flew out a bunch of fan clubbers from all over the world and they spent the day touring San Francisco with the band then took everyone to their HQ, had a BBQ and then a concert in their rehearsal space. They ended up releasing a DVD of the show to the fan club as well I think. Something similar here would be awesome but we all know that will never ever happen.
  • Options
    I've been there! I even got to go inside for all of 25 seconds (I was just dropping something off). Walked in, handed my item to the receptionist, and walked out, very conscious of the fact that it would probably be my one and only chance to be inside that building...but the fact that I got to be there at all was pretty awesome.
  • Options
    pazmanpazman Posts: 197
    Amazing!
    Was in Seattle last year and was wondering where PJ HQ was.
    Would be an amazing tour.
    Will hunt it down next time im there :)
    I had it all once I gave it back
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    I know back in 2003 or so, Metallica had a contest where they flew out a bunch of fan clubbers from all over the world and they spent the day touring San Francisco with the band then took everyone to their HQ, had a BBQ and then a concert in their rehearsal space. They ended up releasing a DVD of the show to the fan club as well I think. Something similar here would be awesome but we all know that will never ever happen.

that would be pretty cool...not that i care about hanging with the band...but a free trip to san fran is always good :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    shadowcast wrote:
    very cool article, nice to get a sense of what it's like

the part about JayZ and Beyonce staring at a picture of Eddie and vice versa was very cool
    love Jay Z, love Beyonce, love Eddie

very cool,thanks for sharing
    Does anyone have the picture that they are talking about? Or the one they have of Ed? At the United Center they have this one of Ed.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff54 ... eBulls.jpg

Bump to see if anyone can find this picture?