Accoustic or electric ?

mattdinglemattdingle Posts: 180
edited April 2011 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hi I am going to buy an accoustic . Any good suggestions? Thinking along the lines of Takamine 330 !!
Wat do yas think. Cheers .

On electric . Gibson or fender
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mattdingle wrote:
    Hi I am going to buy an accoustic . Any good suggestions? Thinking along the lines of Takamine 330 !!
    Wat do yas think. Cheers .

On electric . Gibson or fender
    for an acoustic i would get whay you think plays well and sounds good. i am a gibson acoustic fan myself, but it all depends on what your price range is and if you want an acoustic or acoustic electris, or whatever. i have had good experiences with takamines, but like i said it depends on how you want it to sound.

as far as electrics, i am a gibson man, with a couple of strats thrown in because i needed something with single coils. i know i am not much help, but you asked for suggestions lol...
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    Acoustic - check out Seagull. excellent North American made guitars at very good prices
    Electric - i'll take a Fender but pick 'em both up an decide for yourself. it's just personal preference, me thinks
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Acoustic...I agree I love seagull, and have had my Yamaha for 20 years and I still love to play it..

As far as gibson and fender go, I believe if you are really into playing and have the funds you will eventually own both. I have a few Fenders and Gibsons and love them all for different reasons (tone playability etc). You cant go wrong with either....there is a reason why they have stood the test of time and are essentially the most sought after brands.
    Try out both brands....
    However If I were to choose one guitar (for me) it would be a Gibson Les Paul.....that being said without having to spend over $2000 I would recommend the New Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute....under a grand like 8 or 9 hundred it is a great playing sounding and looking guitar...a member posted recently about his new goldtop incoming and made me go check it out at the store and they are nice!!!
    Toronto - 1996, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2011 1 & 2.
    Buffalo - 2010
  • RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    Acoustic...I agree I love seagull, and have had my Yamaha for 20 years and I still love to play it..

As far as gibson and fender go, I believe if you are really into playing and have the funds you will eventually own both. I have a few Fenders and Gibsons and love them all for different reasons (tone playability etc). You cant go wrong with either....there is a reason why they have stood the test of time and are essentially the most sought after brands.
    Try out both brands....
    However If I were to choose one guitar (for me) it would be a Gibson Les Paul.....that being said without having to spend over $2000 I would recommend the New Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute....under a grand like 8 or 9 hundred it is a great playing sounding and looking guitar...a member posted recently about his new goldtop incoming and made me go check it out at the store and they are nice!!!

Yup. I played one of the new 60's tribute LP's at GC and it sounded fantastic into the Fender Blues Deluxe!!!
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Electric: Both are good and serve their purposes. I like Fenders myself, but that's just me.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V