Options

Immortality and Sleight of Hand

Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
edited September 2008 in The Porch
These songs both connect to me. They give me an amazing feeling. Truely some of Pearl Jam's finest songs. I actually see them more like pieces of art than songs. They just sound amazing. I can't really put into words properly how powerful they are. They really do prove that music is more than just some guys playing instruments.

Anybody feel the same about these two songs specifically?
What the fuck is this world?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    i agree! these are two of my favorite pearl jam songs.

The lyrics to Sleight of Hand are my favorite PJ lyrics.

"He was okay... but wondering about wandering"

that's what i have on the back of my ipod.
    "You could have licked the lips of God, but you chose the pavement..." ~ These Arms Are Snakes
  • Options
    GivenToJam88GivenToJam88 NJ Posts: 1,187
    Love both these songs and cant wait to hear them live
    2006: 5/28
    2008: 6/19, 6/24, 6/25
    2009: 6/14 (EV), 10/27, 10/28
    2010: 5/17
    2011: 6/21 (EV), 6/22 (EV), 9/11, 9/12
    2012: 9/2
    2013: 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/21, 10/22, 10/27, 11/23, 11/24
    2014: 10/19
    2016: 5/1, 5/2, 5/8
    2018: 8/20, 9/2, 9/4
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    definitely agree...two of my very favorites :-)
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Murderers wrote:
    These songs both connect to me. They give me an amazing feeling. Truely some of Pearl Jam's finest songs. I actually see them more like pieces of art than songs. They just sound amazing. I can't really put into words properly how powerful they are. They really do prove that music is more than just some guys playing instruments.

Man, these are two of the more beautiful songs that i have ever heard, and i would add to them songs like indifference and all or none, too..
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Murderers wrote:

I cant ever get enough of Immortality. Its pure genius. I love the idea of this song as art. Nice one. :)
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    I really love both of them as well. But I have to give more props to Sleight of Hand. There is just something about Binaural that gives a really deep feeling to me. I've always stated that there is a subconscious way that we perceive and hear music off of an album based on the the effect the cover of the album has on your mind and this just goes to prove my point. It's almost as if when they made that cd and theorized the themes of the songs they took it to a different level. Anyone else feel me on this?

Matt
    And when he came back to, he was flat on his back on the beach in the freezing sand, and it was raining out of a low sky, and the tide was way out..
  • Options
    Murderers wrote:

hit the nail right on the head my friend. my 2 favorite :)
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    moyboymoyboy Posts: 131
    swap immortality for indifference and i'm right there with ya.