Only at Walmart

RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
edited August 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
http://deadspin.com/#!5790595/watch-an- ... arking-lot

I like how when the cops show up, they 'chase' the tractor like they're gonna pull it over :crazy:
The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I have to say that is the least crowded Walmart I've ever seen. The ones around here are always MOBBED.

Must have been in the middle of the night.

I wonder if someone did that on purpose, maybe the one filming it??
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I checked out the YT link, and the guy who filmed it says that he was going to get his car washed, but it was closed and on the way home he saw a crowd and stopped and started filming...(who goes to get their car washed at night anyway?)

...and yes, WallyWorld is usually a zoo...the one close to me is dead between 1am-8am
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    http://kezi.com/news/local/219142

This woman got kicked out of a local Walmart because of her attire.

Opinions?
    #FHP
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

Opinions?

no shirt, no shoes, no service.

i guess on one hand, she wasn't breaking any decency laws, on the other hand....nobody wants to see that. :lol: sounds like the person that tossed her didn't like her
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497

Opinions?

Mom??
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Walmart said their dress code is complaint driven. Another customer must have been offended. Did you see the woman the local news sent in to see if she would be kicked out? Maybe they should have put her in a thong.
    #FHP
    Walmart said their dress code is complaint driven. Another customer must have been offended. Did you see the woman the local news sent in to see if she would be kicked out? Maybe they should have put her in a thong.

no doubt. old nasty looking women vs. young cute gal. really?

oh well....

nice looking vette tho. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I wonder how many people from 'People of Walmart' get kicked out?

A few of the newest photos clearly depict people wearing much less clothing than that lady was wearing...and they have more to cover up.....

- Christopher McCandless
    some people have no shame. :lol:

it's weird how walmart attracks certain people, but the target a mile up the road has a completly different looking customer. at least in my area, walmart is like 75%+ hispanic, target is like 85% white.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    RKCNDY wrote:
    http://deadspin.com/#!5790595/watch-an-unoccupied-tractor-destroy-cars-in-a-walmart-parking-lot

I like how when the cops show up, they 'chase' the tractor like they're gonna pull it over :crazy:
    :wtf: another reason not to shop at Walmart :lol:
    81 wrote:

it's weird how walmart attracks certain people, but the target a mile up the road has a completly different looking customer. at least in my area, walmart is like 75%+ hispanic, target is like 85% white.

Watched a special on CNBC about the making of Target. Goes back to how the store was marketed as being more upscale than other department stores at the time. Personally if something is cheaper at Wal-Mart I couldn't give a shit what the stereotyped Wal-Mart customer is, I'm buying it there.
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Watched a special on CNBC about the making of Target. Goes back to how the store was marketed as being more upscale than other department stores at the time. Personally if something is cheaper at Wal-Mart I couldn't give a shit what the stereotyped Wal-Mart customer is, I'm buying it there.

i know, it's just weird that two stores so close together can have completly different feels to them.

meijers is the same way...it's mostly white as well.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Bought a 30 amp extension cord at Walmart for $40 less than it would have cost me at the RV store.

I almost bought myself a pair of $5 sunglasses, but I. Just. Couldn't.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

i know, it's just weird that two stores so close together can have completly different feels to them.

meijers is the same way...it's mostly white as well.

I know. I have a buddy whose ex-wife wouldn't step foot in a Wal-Mart but would spend more money on the same items from Target. Probably why she's an ex!
    Bought a 30 amp extension cord at Walmart for $40 less than it would have cost me at the RV store.

I almost bought myself a pair of $5 sunglasses, but I. Just. Couldn't.

speciality stores are always over priced.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Standing in line at walmart today and The lady in front of me is flipping through a display of notebooks. 200 notebooks fall to the group and she grabs her kids and moves ahead in the line like nothing happened. The lady behind me looked at me with a WTF type look and picked them up. Fucking assholes.
  • LosientoLosiento Posts: 282
    Black Friday at Walmart is usually produces interesting tales on human behavior. They do have names, it is called Walmartians. Yes, you are absolutely correct when most of those people who work there do not like their full time job.
    edited August 2013
    Walmart is the only place where its employees bust their ass while their store manager takes an African safari on the month's profits instead of putting the money back into the store and employees.
    Post edited by Losiento on
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Standing in line at walmart today and The lady in front of me is flipping through a display of notebooks. 200 notebooks fall to the group and she grabs her kids and moves ahead in the line like nothing happened. The lady behind me looked at me with a WTF type look and picked them up. Fucking assholes.
    Par for the course.

Thats a general people issue. I have seen that happen many times in much nicer places than Walmart.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    If I had to use a Walmart store microcosm as a specimen model of American citizens, corporations and such then judge how far human evolution has come. Well? Frankly, I would think that we are pretty much phucked as a whole.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    only place I can find my lotion.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    only place I can find my lotion.
    Utter cream?