oasis of the seas

JohnnyguitarwatsonJohnnyguitarwatson Posts: 296
edited April 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone been on this cruise ship before ? My wife and I just booked.... Kind of psyched ! :o
I just hope i dont end up vommiting all over the place with sea sickness :shock:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,980
    Those ships are sooo big and displace so much water that pitch and roll should be negligible. I was in The US Navy on aircraft carriers. never had a problem until some very very rough seas up in and around the Aluetian Islands.

Have FUN!!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i was on the soverign of the seas about 10 years ago.

didn't feel the waves until i went to bed the first night. felt a little motion than, or maybe it was the beer.

didn't bother me. what got me was getting me land legs back. for a week after getting home, i felt like i was walking on a ship at ocean.

highly recommend going up to the highest most remote deck to catch a sunset one night.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,980
    81 wrote:
    highly recommend going up to the highest most remote deck to catch a sunset one night.
    nothing like a sunset at sea. NOTHING!!! Hope you have clear skies for a bit at night too. the stars are amazing.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    nothing like a sunset at sea. NOTHING!!! Hope you have clear skies for a bit at night too. the stars are amazing.

I went on a standard Caribbean cruse last year and felt really shitty. It was a big ship but I still felt motion sick. A family member of mine went on the Oasis of the Seas and had a wonderful time - no sea sickness whatsoever. Have a blast!!