Options

Dave Grohl on Stern today

marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
edited April 2011 in Other Music
Did anyone hear Dave and Taylor on Stern today? It was really cool thought they didn't play anything live. They were just shooting the shit and talking about their career and Howard was being Howard accusing Dave of having a man crush on Taylor which was funny and Robin of course jokingly said she would bang both of them.
There have been threads on here wondering if Eddie and the guys would ever do the Howard show, which would be cool, as I'm a fan of both, but I don't think would ultimately work. People put Howard down for just being penis jokes, but I think real fans know it's sometimes more and of course sometimes just that. Eddie has a great sense of humor; but not quite penis and tit jokes, which in addition to the sometimes serious in depth real person interview that Howard does, Eddie would have to deal with.
Grohl handles himself well dealing with both the seriousness of Howard and the teenage goofy stuff as well, seems really down to earth and does not take himself too seriously. It's a cool interview if anyone gets a chance to hear it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    TM109540TM109540 Posts: 17
    It will happen eventually. Eddie seems to be in the Letterman-Stern-Conan camp versus anything dealing with Leno or any other nationally televised/radio show. Most real fans of Stern know that he is way more than dick jokes, that he can have a very serious conversation and is very curious, as many people seem to be with Ed. It would work, Baba Booey would need to do a great preinterview to respect some of the shit Ed wouldn't want to talk about and Sal and Richard would have to stay out of the studio so that all dicks would remain in their pants, though Eddie would have a great laugh. It would be awesome - I know Stern loves Ed and PJ, as does Teddy microphones who always plays them into breaks on wrapup, Robin seemed to be into Ed at someevent in NY they both were at and Eddie performed, and Fred plays them into and out of breaks. And now, like Jason Ellis with Howard, Howard and PJ are bros both being on Sirius/XM.
  • Options
    I do hope it happens and do agree Stern has much respect for them. PJ & Stern are the only stations I listen to anymore. They have more in common than people would think beside the meditation stuff. They both take their fans seriously and not for granted.
  • Options
    WashMyLoveWashMyLove Posts: 804
    damn I would love to hear this interview with Dave and Taylor...but I don't have XM radio :(
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,725
    WashMyLove wrote:
    damn I would love to hear this interview with Dave and Taylor...but I don't have XM radio :(

It's up on youtube

http://youtu.be/M1o6k3_4pOk
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    I'd be highly disappointed if Ed went on Stern's show. not his cup of tea to deal with a man like that. Howard has his place (actually i think his place was back in 1987 when he was still original and funny but whatever) but don't see Ed catering to that - don't see it ever happening. Besides is Ed ever on radio anymore? Seems like Mike Stone and Jeff do almost all the press for the boys.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    pjhawks wrote:
    I'd be highly disappointed if Ed went on Stern's show. not his cup of tea to deal with a man like that. Howard has his place (actually i think his place was back in 1987 when he was still original and funny but whatever) but don't see Ed catering to that - don't see it ever happening. Besides is Ed ever on radio anymore? Seems like Mike Stone and Jeff do almost all the press for the boys.

I'd love to see any of the guys in the band go on Stern. Howard is the best invterviewer in the business...
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:

I'd love to see any of the guys in the band go on Stern. Howard is the best invterviewer in the business...

I obviuosly agree and pjhawk, should check out the Billy Joel interview from last year, one of his best interviews, I gained or regained some respect for Joel after it which I really didn't think was possible.
  • Options
    Dave & Taylor on Stern was great. I love when Howard really shows a respect and admiration for certain guest and seems in awe of them. It doesnt happen all the time especially with musical guests. But it always does with dave.
    The part where dave was talking about not being very close to kurt towards the end bc he was not in the inner drug circle and howard says he knows what thats like and makes the iphone droid comparison cracked me up.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra