Venice and Croatia

jmuthjmuth Posts: 29
edited May 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Heading over to Venice Italy tomorrow. Any recommendations for bars or restaurants.
We are also going over to Rovinj and Dubrovnik Croatia. Any similar recommendations
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,797
    edited April 2011
    Croatia is the best ;)

I can pm u later when I'm done with work on some great things to do.

I have relatives all over Croatia and I go every couple of years
    Post edited by CROJAM95 on
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Had a holiday in Rovinj, many many years ago (in fact about 25), so unfortunately too long ago to be of any use.

Have a good time though :D
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    go to San guiliano park..pj played there...
    btw u will love it..venice is a beautiful place,like fairytail...enjoy in the small streets and canals,order pizza and pasta,nothing like u eat before,and drink espresso or freddo..
    cant remeber name sof the bars..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • madsunmadsun Posts: 114
    btw u will love it..venice is a beautiful place,like fairytail...enjoy in the small streets and canals,order pizza and pasta,nothing like u eat before,and drink espresso or freddo..

what's freddo, dimi? :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    madsun wrote:

its cold espresso..i saw that in the catalogue in venice..i order it and drink it :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • madsunmadsun Posts: 114
    madsun wrote:

its cold espresso..i saw that in the catalogue in venice..i order it and drink it :D

oh ok.. it's called caffè freddo :)
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,395
    madsun wrote:

Freddo = cold.

In Starbucks-ese it would be "iced." Cappuccino freddo is iced cappuccino.

You're not supposed to order milk in your coffee after noon, but Venice is all tourists so they will understand.

Slovenia also looks like a beautiful place.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

Freddo = cold.

In Starbucks-ese it would be "iced." Cappuccino freddo is iced cappuccino.

You're not supposed to order milk in your coffee after noon, but Venice is all tourists so they will understand.

Slovenia also looks like a beautiful place.
    yep,,same in greece :) ....people drink almost all year here cold coffee :)
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,797
    Stari grad( old city) is the big draw in Dubrovnik

Cavtat is a lil city not too far away with nice eateries and bars

Fuego is an underground bar if I recall correctly..... Very hot down there, not just a clever name

The beaches are great. I think 2012 will be my next trip...
  • Suzi78Suzi78 Posts: 362
    You will have a great time in Istra. Rovinj is a cozy little town, lots of restaurants and cafes along the boardwalk. Amazing seafood! My dad is from Istra and I usually go there in the summer time. I have lots of family all over. Try to hit the beach as well. I highly recommend Rabac. Beautiful clear water, and lots of nude beaches if you like that. Always fun to watch nude volleyball players jump around :D
    How I choose to feel is how I am
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Hi I am Croatian.
    Don't just focus on Dubrovnik.
    Zadar is the place to be!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sijSc_EV3xI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6KX_8uxzKo

It is where my family is from 8-)

Also check out Split, Plitvice National Park, and drive from Split down to Dubrovnik taking the old route which goes along the coast for spectacular views.
    You might also want to check out Brac and Hvar which are Islands, just take the ferry Jadrolinija from Split to get there.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Two of my friends are from this area:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHrUT1ewqqk

Perhaps this might tickle your fancy
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014