Where is the love for 1994 Boston Garden show night 2!

pipes5977pipes5977 Posts: 373
edited August 2012 in The Porch
I know the Atlanta show is one of the best shows the band has ever played. I know the Orpheum show in Boston is up there also. I have listened to a ton of shows through the years. The best show from the 1994 tour was at the boston garden night 2. Maybee it doesnt get the credit it should because of the sound quality of the boot thats out there. The band was incredible that night. Between opening with Release, Breathe and state... back to back. The versions of E-flow,Black,Alive. The improv before Jeremy, titled hold on. The tag at the end of daughter. Playing Immortality and Corduroy back to back. The versions of Rats and Garden. Ending with RITFW and Indifference. The way they palyed that night was second to none on that tour. They nailed every song. If i could have been at one show back then ,this is it. Let me know what everyone thinks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Cool Face RyanCool Face Ryan Posts: 1,254
    pipes5977 wrote:
    I know the Atlanta show is one of the best shows the band has ever played. I know the Orpheum show in Boston is up there also. I have listened to a ton of shows through the years. The best show from the 1994 tour was at the boston garden night 2. Maybee it doesnt get the credit it should because of the sound quality of the boot thats out there. The band was incredible that night. Between opening with Release, Breathe and state... back to back. The versions of E-flow,Black,Alive. The improv before Jeremy, titled hold on. The tag at the end of daughter. Playing Immortality and Corduroy back to back. The versions of Rats and Garden. Ending with RITFW and Indifference. The way they palyed that night was second to none on that tour. They nailed every song. If i could have been at one show back then ,this is it. Let me know what everyone thinks.
    I've seen the videos/boots on youtube and yea those Boston Garden shows in 94 were incredible. Great versions of Blood, Release, Corduroy, etc. They really had it going on that week I guess with the three Boston shows, really every show after Kurts death was especially good if you think about it. Eddie even says "This one's for Kurt" right before they play Go I believe in the Atlanta show.
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    manutd3581 wrote:
    pipes5977 wrote:
    I've seen the videos/boots on youtube and yea those Boston Garden shows in 94 were incredible. Great versions of Blood, Release, Corduroy, etc. They really had it going on that week I guess with the three Boston shows, really every show after Kurts death was especially good if you think about it. Eddie even says "This one's for Kurt" right before they play Go I believe in the Atlanta show.

I think PJ is best under stress... just my opinion. :)

And the Atlanta show was a few days prior to Kurt being found dead, but I believe they were hearing rumors that he was in a bad way, and wanted to tell him "don't go on me".
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • JasonEJasonE Posts: 531
    A night I'll never forget. First time I saw them live and with Kurt just passing it was intense to say the least.
    "If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

"Rise above principal and do what's right."
  • Cool Face RyanCool Face Ryan Posts: 1,254
    CJMST3K wrote:
    manutd3581 wrote:
    pipes5977 wrote:

I think PJ is best under stress... just my opinion. :)

And the Atlanta show was a few days prior to Kurt being found dead, but I believe they were hearing rumors that he was in a bad way, and wanted to tell him "don't go on me".
    yea thanks for the clarification, your right. that was during the time that he was missing, so yea maybe thats what Ed was getting at
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    Release opener (in the dark)
    Hold On improv (not the version releases) before Jeremy
    Last performance of Breath for next 4 years
    First ever performance of "Immortality" (yes, before the Orpheum)
    RITFW ended like this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6vLXGT8NIs

:o
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
    locked wrote:
    Release opener (in the dark)
    Hold On improv (not the version releases) before Jeremy
    Last performance of Breath for next 4 years
    First ever performance of "Immortality" (yes, before the Orpheum)
    RITFW ended like this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6vLXGT8NIs

:o
    and then they came BACK and played Indifference..

"I will SCREAM my LUNGS OUT til it FILLS THIS ROOM.." sounded amazing.. even at the old Gahden!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • TheFixerTheFixer Posts: 42
    Preach it my brother.....BEST show I've ever been to and I've seen the band 20+ times. Unforgetable evening for me and a night I'll always remember. First time seeing them, 7th row on the floor.....AMAZING. Set list was killer and the band was full of emotion.
    dream the dreams of other men, you will be no ones rival
  • pipes5977 wrote:

I was at the first two shows (couldn't get tix for Orpheum) at Boston Garden.

Night 2 was un-believable. Other memorable notes from the show are Black with Come As You Are/Every Breathe You Take/Only Love Can Break Your Heart tag. Also, wasn't this the last time they played Leash (until recently)? I agree that this show was the best of the tour. I was hoping that they were going to release this one instead of the Orpheum show. Hopefully when they open the vault we will someday get a high quality boot from this show.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,695
    Twas a great show...the through the stage exit capped it nicely.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Didn't they fly the giant Pearl Jam flag outside the Garden and someone stole it, followed by a media uproar / effort to retrieve it and it was returned? Great times, btw I didn't take the flag.
  • Didn't they fly the giant Pearl Jam flag outside the Garden and someone stole it, followed by a media uproar / effort to retrieve it and it was returned? Great times, btw I didn't take the flag.

I think I remember something about that. Does anyone have a picture of the flag? I would love to see that!
  • Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    I desparately wanted to go to this show but I was only 16 and my parents would not let me go to Boston to see a rock concert. :cry:
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Boston, Massachusetts (April 11, 1994)
    Boston2.jpg

http://dp-rearviewmirror.blogspot.com/2 ... il-11.html
    I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    I love you Boston 1994 night 2!

I hope that fixes the op problem.

;-)
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,462
    Hi-
    When during the show do they play some "Come As You Are"?
    I can't find it.....
    Please help....
  • pipes5977 wrote:

I was at the first two shows (couldn't get tix for Orpheum) at Boston Garden.

Night 2 was un-believable. Other memorable notes from the show are Black with Come As You Are/Every Breathe You Take/Only Love Can Break Your Heart tag. Also, wasn't this the last time they played Leash (until recently)? I agree that this show was the best of the tour. I was hoping that they were going to release this one instead of the Orpheum show. Hopefully when they open the vault we will someday get a high quality boot from this show.
    If you look at the song index on this site, its says Leash was last played, prior to the 2006 Boston show, at Boston Garfen 1994. That isnt correct though. I have a bootleg of 3-14-95 Canberra, Australia Exhibition Park & they played it there

Main set:
    Even Flow, Last Exit, Spin the Black Circle, Tremor Christ, Animal, (Improv), Corduroy, Not For You, Lukin, Why Go, Jeremy, Dissident, SOLAT, Go, Whipping, I Got Shit, RVM, Ed talking, Betterman, Alive, (Improv), Blood

Encore:
    Throw Your Arms Around Me, Sonic Reducer, Garden, Leash, Porch, Yellow Ledbetter
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• Spoken wrote:
    Hi-
    When during the show do they play some "Come As You Are"?
    I can't find it.....
    Please help....

It was a tag at the end of Black.
  • morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    17 years ago tonight. My first show. Speechless. Nostalgic.
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • any videos?
    I am LOCKED
    I WAS FIFTH Row Left loge on stones side on 4/11/94
    And I APPROVE OF THIS THREAD!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • alive90alive90 Posts: 82
    I've only heard the first show and of course the Orpheum,how does it compare?
  • ORPHEUM THEATER
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Tue 12 April, 1994
    SET 1
    Oceans
    Even Flow
    Sonic Reducer
    State Of Love And Trust
    Hard To Imagine
    Immortality
    Hey Hey My My
    Go
    Animal
    Glorified G
    Daughter
    Suck You Dry
    Alone
    Not For You
    Better Man
    Rats
    Blood
    ENCORE 1
    Release
    Tremor Christ
    Once
    Fuckin' Up
    Dirty Frank
    Yellow Ledbetter
    Jam
    Rearviewmirror
    Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
    I've Got a Feeling

Just wow!
  • marklmarkl Posts: 58
    i was at the Fairfax, VA shoe - my first of 33 times seeing the band.
    this was the night they found Kurt dead. it was amazing.
    I think that whole week from Atlanta thru Boston was amazing...
    Ten, VS, singles, just the old shit... so great.
  • I remember being in college and a bunch of friend and I went down to the Garden to try and and buy tickets from scalpers and we didn't have enough money. My first show was Hartford two years later with those bumper sticker tickets that I purchased from a phone line in PA.

I just checked out the setlist today and check out this setlist and that first encore.

SET 1
    Long Road
    Hail, Hail
    Animal
    Last Exit
    In My Tree
    Corduroy
    Better Man
    Not For You
    Jeremy
    Red Mosquito
    Black
    Rearviewmirror
    Lukin
    Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
    State Of Love And Trust
    Footsteps
    Alive
    Blood
    Noise of Carpet
    Fame
    Porch
    ENCORE 1
    Who You Are
    Even Flow
    W.M.A.
    Daughter
    The Real Me
    Leaving Here
    Present Tense

ENCORE 2
    Yellow Ledbetter
  • eladdereladder Posts: 414
    This should help put that 94 show in perspective. I was 19 and i drove solo from ny to boston and had to drive back to ny next day cause i couldnt miss a college class or id fail. Now im 38 and im trolling the forums still, im going to philly labor day wknd, and im going to montana. Btw i just recently returned from the last 6 euro shows. That night changed my life and ill never forget it. The energy in the building and the energy and amazing sound of the band is something i never came close to experiencing before that evening. I was 15th row and when they did "even flow" i was simply thinking to myself this is what rock n roll is. This is it. They were flying around the stage but a perfect noise was coming across. Insanity.
    He was ok but wondering about wandering
  • eladdereladder Posts: 414
    That time besides kurt passing which was obviously horrible and beyond impactful below were some things that were also going on.
    -pj just played atlanta on the radio, obvi epic
    -pj just played a killer set on snl
    -AIC jar of flies accompanied me for the ride to and from boston
    -versus was an amazing album that people were going crazy about and in ADDiTION to that songs were starting to leak from vitalogy
    -betterman was just played for first time (by pj) in atlanta
    -immortality was played for first time at garden show
    Pearl jam was by far the biggest thing going and they deserved it.
    He was ok but wondering about wandering
  • MICASASMICASAS Posts: 7
    Until today my favorite was Atlanta....now this one. Immortality version was out of any other level reached. Please look how the band get close around EV.
    Best!
    Thanks for this post, I knew it, it should have one for this amazing night. 

http://https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjZq_KwpEpM
  • NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 213
    I fully endorse this thread! This was also the first PJ show that I went to, way back when I was 13. I have the ultra-shitty bootleg version of this show, and would die if they released this one out of the vault.
  • cockagecockage Posts: 457
    edited July 2018