Options

Please DO NOT buy tickets through STUBHUB

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,599
edited April 2011 in The Porch
Please for the love of PJ do NOT BUY TICKETS THROUGH STUBHUB.

If no one purchases tickets through them ticket prices will drop but that is not the point. This band has stood against ticketmaster and the giant monopolies of ticket brokers. Springsteen and Radiohead have been others to voice their opinion of high priced tickets from brokers.

If you buy tickets through stubhub for events such as Eddie where all the prices are double, triple, or quadruple the price, you are doing nothing other than feeding the monster.

Rely on other fellow 10c members or craigslist, or some kind of networking.

Stubhub is not the devil, it's the brokers that use their website! Stubhub can be reasonable for other events.
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    smbialassmbialas Posts: 51
    they should have just sold out the shows to the fanclub members
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    they are the debil

but it is hard to resist when getting in seems to depend on it

so i understand why some people resort to places like stubhub

really i do

i'll take my chances at the pre-party have/need a ticket table

thank you very much

when it comes down to that

thankfully, this time it doesn't

so...i said all that to just say..yep...agreed
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    Cool Face RyanCool Face Ryan Posts: 1,254
    I'm gonna buy tickets from stub hub, and so will 99% of people who ever have. It sucks that tickets get pushed up so high, but its legal. Is it morally wrong? Probably. But its a great way for people to make money, whether or not you wanna believe ticketmaster has people buying and re-selling tickets for them. If I want to go somewhere, and I need tickets, I'm going to stubhub if they're sold out. Ticket prices wont drop, btw
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • Options
    Jstein1978Jstein1978 Posts: 548
    Well, hook me up!!! I may have to use Stubhub....and Craigslist just has a crap load of links to other scalpers.....
  • Options
    RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    smbialas wrote:

Not possible.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,761
    If you buy tickets through stubhub for events such as Eddie where all the prices are double, triple, or quadruple the price, you are doing nothing other than feeding the monster.

And if you don't buy them someone else will and then they'll be feeding the monster. Even worse, someone else might buy them and try to sell them outside the venue for an astronomical amount.
    Rely on other fellow 10c members or craigslist, or some kind of networking.

There's no fellow tenclub members that will be able to help someone out with tickets. Think of how many tenclubbers couldn't get their own tickets to these Eddie shows.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    lol good luck to you. There will always be a group sadly.
  • Options
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    deagator3deagator3 Posts: 76
    At least through Stubhub the authenticity of the tickets are guaranteed - I'd rather pay a few extra bucks then deal with the uncertainty of buying through a random person on Craigslist.

Of course, Ticketmaster released some tickets for Eddie's second show in Chicago a few days ago and I bought tickets via Ticketmaster a few weeks before his last solo show here. Not to mention tickets were going for below face value outside the venue. It all depends on what the show is worth to you - for some Stubhub is the way to go.
  • Options
    dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    smbialas wrote:

even if this was possible it would be bad for the band.

i know all of us here at the 10c should get in before any regular people off the street. BUT...

think how that would look for the band if they wanted to say "the only way you can see us is if you spend an extra $20, or $40 because its members only".

i know its not fair that we pay the money and most of us still don't get tickets. but at the end of the day there are more people who are fans of the band who aren't a 10c member then us here. i think they would lose alot of fans if they made all of their shows 10c only.

is it what it is though. i don't think there is a proper solution. there will always be a group of people who are pissed.

i have bought tickets through stubhub and ebay before to see pearl jam. i don't like doing it. but sometimes you just have to.

this is what happens when you're favourite band happens to be the greatest band in the world. ;)
  • Options
    Pry ToPry To Posts: 285
    Stub Hub is not the problem. Acts that refuse to use paperless tickets are the problem. It doesn't make anyone less of a fan to tell it like it is. Paperless tickets = the end of scalping. Not sure why people keep blaming the scalpers, when it's the artist that enables them to do this. I love PJ, but this is such an obvious and easy fix, one has to question why it's not being done.
    Los Angeles - Sep 11, 1992
    Memphis - Aug 15, 2000
    Chicago - May 16, 2006
    Chicago - Aug 23-24, 2009
    Columbus - May 6, 2010
    Noblesville - May 7, 2010
    Manchester - June 20-21, 2012
    Amsterdam - June 26-27, 2012
    Berlin - July 4-5, 2012
  • Options
    RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    Passim wrote:
    Stub Hub is not the problem. Acts that refuse to use paperless tickets are the problem. It doesn't make anyone less of a fan to tell it like it is. Paperless tickets = the end of scalping. Not sure why people keep blaming the scalpers, when it's the artist that enables them to do this. I love PJ, but this is such an obvious and easy fix, one has to question why it's not being done.

So if kids want to go to shows and use their parents credit card that parent has to always go to the show to pick up the tickets? Or, if like me, my families credit card has my wife's name on it. So if I want to go to a show with my buddy and we use my card, I would have to bring her to pick up my tickets. That makes little to no sense at all, especially if I'm traveling with that friend.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    Pry ToPry To Posts: 285
    You could .... get a card that has your name on it, rather than your wife's. By your logic, any time you use your credit card to purchase anything, she has to be there to sign for it, unless the person ringing you up doesn't check. Seems like having a card in your name would be a useful thing for more reasons than this. It's not hard -- you can go order one online or by phone right now and they'll mail it to your house. Heck, in the time it took you to post that, you could have a credit card with your name on it on its way to you! As for kids using their parents cards, might be a little bit of a hassle, but let's face it, most of PJ's fans aren't teenagers. Plus more kids could afford to go if tickets weren't 2-3x face value.

10C has very similar policies regarding who has to be there to pick up tickets, who can and cannot pick them up, etc.

It's a violation of 10C policy to sell a ticket for more than face value. Why is it okay for everyone else?
    Los Angeles - Sep 11, 1992
    Memphis - Aug 15, 2000
    Chicago - May 16, 2006
    Chicago - Aug 23-24, 2009
    Columbus - May 6, 2010
    Noblesville - May 7, 2010
    Manchester - June 20-21, 2012
    Amsterdam - June 26-27, 2012
    Berlin - July 4-5, 2012
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    what about the email tickets?
    that's what i always use
    the instant print tix?
    i don't know how easy it would be to resell one of those
    i certainly wouldn't take someone's word
    that an email with an attached transaction number for a ticket was actually valid
    don't think it would be too easy to re-sell those
    and that solves needing the credit card in your own name
    Post edited by StillHere on
    peace,
    jo

• Options
    BH304897BH304897 Posts: 137
    Passim wrote:

Paperless tickets do not end scalping and as a general rule drive up ticket prices even more. If there is a concert for paperless tickets there will be less scalpers but because of that the scalping price dramatically increases. A scalper will purchase tickets, which are normally easier for them to obtain, using a prepaid credit card that you can purchase at any grocery store, book store, etc. You've seen them there prepaid visa or mc. They will purchase several cards for the right amount probably a few dollars more to be safe. They use these to buy the tickets and then send them to the buyer who has paid a substantial increase in ticket price. The bottom line is that many scalpers sell tickets for a living and if your trying to take their livihood away they will do whatever it takes to avoid that. Honestly I have no problem with scalpers, mainly because I will rarely if ever pay for tickets that are above face value. Scalpers give me a nice way to get in under face value to shows I'm not willing to pay face value. Also as a note scalpers don't always make money, they eat a ton of tickets and sell plenty for under face. The bottom line is the only way to get rid of scalpers is simply not to buy from them. We live in a capitalistic society and scalping is simply another form of supply and demand. Maybe I'm getting too old or just have seen to many shows etc but if tickets are going for way over face value I'll just sit it out, otherwise you'll just have to pay the going rate. I know it sucks but complaining about it won't make it any better.
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    too late
  • Options
    as awful as it sounds
    there is always going to be greed and scalpers
    and while it sucks
    i understand why people use Stubhub
    I've had to use ebay on a few occasions

There's greed and a want to buy something for the profit you will get from it everywhere
    heck people do it with vinyls, collectibles, memorabilia
    It sucks and it's not just music tickets that suffer from it

there needs to be a whole reorganization of how tickets for events are sold
    I heard on the radio a few weeks back, in the UK, that they are thinking of, or trying to, put a cap on how much people can resell festival tickets for. (such as Leeds and Reading festival tickets)
    like how you can't sell them for 10% more than face value

good idea to me, should be placed on all tickets
  • Options
    AMEN BROTHA!!

(AND I'M FAR FROM RELIGIOUS)
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    Passim wrote:

It's a violation of 10C policy to sell a ticket for more than face value. Why is it okay for everyone else?

Ok, come on, now this is kind of a ridiculous statement. It's ok because there is nothing that says it's not ok. It's not illegal. It's not breaking any laws or rules. Do you really think that if TM or Live Nation said please don't resell our tickets that it would stop?!

10C even has a rule and every now and then you see 10C members selling tickets.

Scalping happens. It happens with PJ tickets, sporting events, athletics, plays, the opera, hell anything that requires tickets. Everyone is hard up for money, and paying the extra $$ sucks, but if something is really worth seeing that much to someone, they will make the extra effort to do what it takes to be there, regardless of how much the extra cost sucks. Once in a lifetime events after it's all said and done are priceless.

I was shut out of one of the EV shows I wanted to go to thru 10C. I had to login the next day for the TM sale. I had no problem getting tickets. In fact, tickets were still available half an hour into the sale. If you didn't get them, then you didn't try hard enough. My seats for this show won't be as good as they would have been had I gotten them thru 10C, but you know what, I'm happy I got tickets and am able to go.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati