Options

just ran into pleasant fellow fan in nyc

ovechkin8ovechkin8 Posts: 491
edited September 2008 in The Porch
thesr run in threads should probably be condensed....

anyway, she commented on my ed west coast shirt and we had a pleasant little conversation about the summer. I beat her by 4 shows.

its always nice to meet a fellow crazy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    we're everywhere....especially in NYC. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    I saw a guy in NYC with a PJ shirt on the the day before the first MSG show and said, "Great shirt!". He gave me this smug fuck you look and kept going.

Fucker.

I realize not all PJ fans are dicks like that guy but it really turned me sour on speaking to strangers with PJ clothes.
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    I saw a guy in NYC with a PJ shirt on the the day before the first MSG show and said, "Great shirt!". He gave me this smug fuck you look and kept going.

Fucker.

I realize not all PJ fans are dicks like that guy but it really turned me sour on speaking to strangers with PJ clothes.

If it was in the Seaport area that might have been me. Didn't mean the smug look, I tend to have a bad look when I'm deciphering what just happened. If it was you then you didn't hear me yell "Thanks" about a half block later. If it was a different encounter I can't help you! :)
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    you always gotta smile....the stpp and chat sometimes is nice, but you know....especially in this city, there's not always time for it.
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    If it was in the Seaport area that might have been me. Didn't mean the smug look, I tend to have a bad look when I'm deciphering what just happened. If it was you then you didn't hear me yell "Thanks" about a half block later. If it was a different encounter I can't help you! :)

Wasn't you. But maybe this guys look was the same thing - trying to figure out if i was being seriious or not.
  • Options
    ovechkin8 wrote:
    you always gotta smile....the stpp and chat sometimes is nice, but you know....especially in this city, there's not always time for it.

I thought about that after the fact. Maybe he was just having a bad day...
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049

Fucker.

Are you a Newfie? As in Newfoundland? To a NY'er it may have sounded funny. Isn't there a like a Scottish/English/Irish thing going on there?
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    Are you a Newfie? As in Newfoundland? To a NY'er it may have sounded funny. Isn't there a like a Scottish/English/Irish thing going on there?

Newfoundlander born and bred!
    Hrm. That definitely could've been the problem! Maybe i spoke to fast! I'v been known to do that...especially when i'm excited. :o
  • Options
    chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    I was walking out of chelsea piers about a year ago with the avocado shirt on and some guy stuck his head out of a cab and yelled, "hey man, great shirt!". I gave him a wave as he drove by but I got a good laugh about that. PJ Fans.....good people.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96