• Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    edited June 2016

found this while house hunting

Buy that house, obviously the seller is awesome
    Post edited by chitownp76 on
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited June 2016

I can imagine it went like this when you came into that room.

Realtor - "Sir, sir, ah sir, there is more house to see. Sir?

Shortstack - "shh"
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    that made me laugh. :tongue:

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818

I can imagine it went like this when you came into that room.

Realtor - "Sir, sir, ah sir, there is more house to see. Sir?

Shortstack - "shh"
    SOLD!!!...Wait sir you haven't even seen the upstairs

Silence!...Where do I sign

• Options
    AceCoolAceCool Texas Posts: 455
    I listened to Riot Act today and then I noticed that my 9 year old son wore his Lightning Bolt cap to day camp.
  • Options
    EddieisNumber1EddieisNumber1 Brisbane, Australia Posts: 49
    edited June 2016
    Once I saw a guy working in JB-HI-Fi (Australian electronics store) and he was working in the cd's section wearing a pretty cool PJ shirt, I can't remember what the shirt was of but he was pretty rude to me when I asked him where he got it from he just said " in Sydney" in a really rude manner... I should have complained about him to the store manager... But at least 10 club members here are friendly!

I also last year saw a sticker on someone's car And it said something about 'Pearl Jam, the greatest band ever' or something like that and I said to myself, "Damn right!". I've been trying to find this sticker but can't find anything about it. Anybody know anything about it?
    Post edited by EddieisNumber1 on
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Took the kids (4 and 7) up to Acadia for their first ever camping trip this weekend. We even managed to take them on their first mountain hike up (and down) the north ridge of Cadillac Mountain. Acadia (and Bar Harbor) might just be the most special place in the world to my wife and me. Back in the day, we would make the trek up there many times a summer (and even spring and fall). We were even married there. But we haven't been back to our favorite spot on the planet in eight years. (You can do the math!)

Anyway, back on topic, we drove into town and stopped in at Cadillac Mountain Sports to pick up some camping supplies that we had forgotten to pack (again, eight years!). My wife and I were both wearing our Pearl Jam attire. A sales associate noticed my hoodie and commented on it being awesome. We started talking about the band, Fenway, etc., until another customer at the counter barked over at her, "Are you taking money?" :lol:

Anyway, we talked a little more, and it was pretty cool to meet another fan.

Then, later on, my wife went into the Hannaford to pick up some S'mores fixins before we made the drive back to the campground. The kids and I waited in the car. We were to rocking out to "Who You Are" with the windows down when a woman comes over and states how great the music is. We got to talking, and I find out it's Quebec City rockstar Noah's mom, Sarah (or @waverue on the forum). Just awesome to meet her! And I mentioned that I'm pretty sure that I donated to his fundraiser and that his story is one I'll remember forever--even if I wasn't at that show.

Just an amazing return to Acadia/Bar Harbor. A great camping trip with the family and nice random meetings with a couple of fellow members of the strangest tribe in town.

As always, it sucked to come home. I wish I could do something for a living in Bar Harbor other than sell T-shirts or pull pints. Maybe I could freelance.... :pensive:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    dankind said:
    Took the kids (4 and 7) up to Acadia for their first ever camping trip this weekend. We even managed to take them on their first mountain hike up (and down) the north ridge of Cadillac Mountain. Acadia (and Bar Harbor) might just be the most special place in the world to my wife and me. Back in the day, we would make the trek up there many times a summer (and even spring and fall). We were even married there. But we haven't been back to our favorite spot on the planet in eight years. (You can do the math!)

Anyway, back on topic, we drove into town and stopped in at Cadillac Mountain Sports to pick up some camping supplies that we had forgotten to pack (again, eight years!). My wife and I were both wearing our Pearl Jam attire. A sales associate noticed my hoodie and commented on it being awesome. We started talking about the band, Fenway, etc., until another customer at the counter barked over at her, "Are you taking money?" :lol:

Then, later on, my wife went into the Hannaford to pick up some S'mores fixins before we made the drive back to the campground. The kids and I waited in the car. We were to rocking out to "Who You Are" with the windows down when a woman comes over and states how great the music is. We got to talking, and I find out it's Quebec City rockstar Noah's mom, Sarah (or @waverue on the forum). Just awesome to meet her! And I mentioned that I'm pretty sure that I donated to his fundraiser and that his story is one I'll remember forever--even if I wasn't at that show.

Just an amazing return to Acadia/Bar Harbor. A great camping trip with the family and nice random meetings with a couple of fellow members of the strangest tribe in town.

As always, it sucked to come home. I wish I could do something for a living in Bar Harbor other than sell T-shirts or pull pints. Maybe I could freelance.... :pensive:
    So glad to hear you had a wonderful time, DK. And what an unexpected bonus, meeting Sarah! I was at that show and that was another one of those amazing PJ moments. Like Joshua in Philly. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,636
    dankind said:

Frigging guy, taking credit for our donations!
    Just kidding -- it appears you give to every fund raising effort so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that you did donate to that effort!
    That is a cool story.  (Both about meeting fans but also about getting to go to the place that you love the most.  Bar Harbor needs a little Florida/Brooklyn/Masshole love.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    waveruewaverue Posts: 108
    loved rolling up along side your car and hearing Who You Are blasting with your kids rocking out!!!!!  made my day....until I was kicking myself just after I left because I didn't have the foresight to invite you guys over for a meal or for a hike!!!  Noah was irritated with me too...finally there are other PJ fan kids in his town and I don't even make sure he gets to cross paths with them!??!?  We had a feeling you were out at one of the campgrounds...that is always how we rolled too when we didn't live here but would come to visit...and I had the thought that we should go drive around and look for you but that seemed a bit stalkerish!!!  now i sort of wish we had!!! sharing some cold drinks and s'mores around a campfire with some fellow pj fans would have been a sweet edition to the holiday weekend!!!  next time!!