Options

getting to newark from the PATH at herald

ovechkin8ovechkin8 Posts: 491
edited August 2008 in The Porch
can i use a regular metrocard or do i need to buy a ticket? i took it once but i forget.

also, its about 15 minutes, right? i dont remember it being much longer. thanks for the help, boys and girls. see you at the show
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 643
    Yes, you can use a Metrocard for the PATH....it has to be a $ Metrocard though, can't use a monthly.

I think it may take a bit longer then 15 minutes...from the 33rd St. PATH station, you need to take the Journal Square line and once in JS then switch to the Newark line.
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • Options
    MikeSigMikeSig Posts: 74
    You can use a regular metrocard.

You're going to have to switch at Exchange Place or Journal Square to get to Newark Penn. From Newark Penn, it's less than a 10 minute walk to the PAC.
  • Options
    Yes, you can use a metrocard on all PATH trains.

The ride to Newark is probably closer to 20-25 minutes. It can be longer if you get on the train that stops in Hoboken.
    6/3/06 East Rutherford
    6/23/06 Pittsburgh
    6/19/08 Camden
    6/20/08 Camden
    6/22/08 DC
    6/25/08 MSG
    8/4/08 EV NYC
    8/5/08 EV NYC
    8/7/08 EV Newark
  • Options
    ninfanninfan Posts: 93
    Use NJ Transit... No transfer and leaves you in the same spot. However, you can not use Metrocard and get your ticket before you get on.
    "No intelligent idea can gain general acceptance unless some stupidity is mixed in with it." Pessoa
  • Options
    ovechkin8ovechkin8 Posts: 491
    thanks guys, i appreciate it