Teaching in So Cal

airblue1airblue1 Posts: 404
edited April 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Have been teaching in W Pa. for 11 yrs. Want to relocate to SO Cal. Does anyone know how to go about finding a teaching position or an admin. position? I would be moving out in the next couple of years.
Thanks
Hail To the Victors
I refer to those in front...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• brobertbrobert Posts: 67
    I teach and San Diego and it seems positions are hard to come by with the current budget crisis in California.
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    airblue1 wrote:
    Have been teaching in W Pa. for 11 yrs. Want to relocate to SO Cal. Does anyone know how to go about finding a teaching position or an admin. position? I would be moving out in the next couple of years.
    Thanks

I've just been scanning around here in the AET and saw your post. I have 3 friends I can name in an instant that have all been teachers for the past 5 years and each one of them is fighting for their job. I know one was just told that when the school year ends, he will be jobless. One of the others has had to reapply at the end of every school year and has taught at 3 different schools in 3 years. Things aren't too easy around here......I wish you luck.
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • I'm in the process of becoming a teacher, although not in So Cal. However, there is a guy that is in a lot of my classes from there and all I hear from him is horror stories about teaching in that area.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    Pittsburgh is a great city. What I would do to get a Primanti Bro's sandwich right now. If you have a job where you're at I'd say don't roll the dice.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...