Why is it called outback steakhouse?

neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
edited April 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
The ribs are way better than the steak as are the quesidillas ...shouldn't it be outback rib house?

Hmnnnnnnnn?
i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    I've always wondered.....are there Outback Steakhouses in Australia?
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    pass
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I have to run Outback after I eat there
    :sick:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    81 wrote:
    pass
    +1.
  • jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    I dont know about the food but, the fake australian accent on the commercials stinks.
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    No rules. Just right.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    youngster wrote:
    I've always wondered.....are there Outback Steakhouses in Australia?

Hmnnnnn :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    81 wrote:
    pass

I know..because the convo is so stimulating here on a Sunday morning :roll: :lol:
    I have to run Outback after I eat there
    :sick:

Oh u jokester you...I ran outback this morning
    jshin wrote:
    I dont know about the food but, the fake australian accent on the commercials stinks.

Very true
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Crowned Victoria Steak w/Horseradach crumples or Blue Cheese is good, the Bloomin Onion Rocks.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,598
    The ribs are way better than the steak as are the quesidillas ...shouldn't it be outback rib house?

Hmnnnnnnnn?

wow. you are actually spot on with this! :mrgreen:

i thought outback was a much better establishment, as a low end steak house, about 10 years ago. now its rubbish other than the ribs and a few other choices. i agree.

the pumpernickel bread is still spot on though.
    www.myspace.com
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    this is the only reason i ever consider eating there

my family from australia was underwhelmed when i took them there

i had an australian professor in college too that HATED outback... went on a whole tirade about their "wombat wings"... "WOMBATS DON'T HAVE WINGS!"

neither do buffalo....
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124

good god! that avatar

wowza

Hmnnnnnnnn?

i thought outback was a much better establishment, as a low end steak house, about 10 years ago. now its rubbish other than the ribs and a few other choices. i agree.

Bread is good but it's not the same when u do pickup

Hmnnnnnnnn?

Bread is good but it's not the same when u do pickup

true. what is though, right?
    www.myspace.com
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392

Hmnnnnnnnn?

I thought you were gonna say "cause nothing about it is from the outback it should be called "what Americans think the outback is steakhouse"".

Nothing on the menu is remotely Australian. Can you even get kangaroo steaks or croc meat or anything like that?? That would make it slightly more Australian. As for blooming onions, quesidillas or pumpernickel bread, we don't eat none of that shit here. We don't even drink fosters here either, we send it all overseas cause it's shit. You can barely buy the stuff in shops here. It's funny, it's probably our highest selling exported beer and lowest selling local beer at the same time.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • PJ212PJ212 Posts: 822
    Outback Steakhouse started in Tampa, Florida in the 80s. That should tell you how Australian it is. I agree, the bread tastes really good.
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 2021: SHN, Ohana 2 & 3, 2022: LA 1 & 2, PHX, OAK 1 & 2, Fresno, MSG, BNA, B&B, STL, OKC, DEN, 2023: MSP 1 & 2, CHI 1 & 2, DFW 2, AUS 1 & 2, 2024: Vancouver 1 & 2, LV 1 & 2, SEA 1 & 2
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517

Hmnnnnnnnn?

I thought you were gonna say "cause nothing about it is from the outback it should be called "what Americans think the outback is steakhouse"".

Nothing on the menu is remotely Australian. Can you even get kangaroo steaks or croc meat or anything like that?? That would make it slightly more Australian. As for blooming onions, quesidillas or pumpernickel bread, we don't eat none of that shit here. We don't even drink fosters here either, we send it all overseas cause it's shit. You can barely buy the stuff in shops here. It's funny, it's probably our highest selling exported beer and lowest selling local beer at the same time.
    They just call it by another name when they sell it here, really. Carlton Draught. VB. Cascade. Shit all tastes the same- bland, flavourless piss water. But it's warm here so people just want a coldie so no one really minds.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    If it was an aussie restaurant they should have some some traditional spag bowl....

There is nothing aussie about it... Kookuburra fingers sound sick...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    The bread is great.

So are the aussie cheese fries even though it's pretty much a heart attack on a plate.
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    The bread is great.

So are the aussie cheese fries even though it's pretty much a heart attack on a plate.
    There's plenty of bacon + cheese topped potato wedges in Oz, but fries? Never. Besides, we call 'em chips.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
    why's it called "ovaltine?"

the jar is round.

the lid is round.

they should call it "roundtine!" :D

that's GOLD jerry!
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    sawyer would not eat at outback. :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,987