Options

Bill Nye(sp) The Science Guy

PearlJainPearlJain Posts: 565
edited November 2008 in The Porch
NO "HATERS" here please -but I also realize that many of you just can't help yourselves.

I have NOT contributed to anything in a few months........again.no "haters" please.

Okay......so - today I'm substitute teaching today for a neighbor-friend of mine - a MUSIC teacher - whom has named all of the guitars - and plans to re-name one "Stone." Regardless - I agreed to "sub" as long as I wasn't expected to pound out a any classically trained piano pieces or anything. Thank God it was just training them on With THAT said -

The last 20 minutes of the class - I had to put on a video of "Bill Nye - The Science guy - whom is totally "green" in his way of thinking - which I 100%agree with. And low and behold - there was Soundgarden on there - - to show how sound is relevent. There was a young man in my "sub" classroom - doing an "internshio" in there with me.........and he knew whom Soundgarden is/was, as well. That just struck me as really cool. I was just sitting there - writing my "sub -teacher notes" - and it brought me back to the day - about `12 years ago - of which bands like Soundgarden, Nirvana, Alice In Chains, were so relevent and are still relevent. It made me happy and sad. Brought back so many good memories just the same. I didn't mention Pearl Jam prior - because Pearl Jam remains relevent. And it made me realize how important younger fans are. We may not always see "eye to eye" - politics, daily living, and such, However - Pearl Jam's music IS the one thing we have in common. That's at least a start. :)
The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    yeah to everything else you said, but..

BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY!!!!!!!!!

man i remember watching him in middle school. great times. ahhh, bill, where have you gone? And that theme song.... Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Nye, The Science Guy...

GENIUS
    "Ah, life is a gate, a way, a path to Paradise anyway, why not live for fun and joy and love or some sort of girl by a fireside, why not go to your desire and LAUGH..."
  • Options
    Bill was a lot less creepy than Mr. Wizard

If I knew where it was I would take you there. There's much more than this
  • Options

man i remember watching him in middle school. great times. ahhh, bill, where have you gone? And that theme song.... Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Nye, The Science Guy...

GENIUS
    Anyway - I recognize what you said........and even REALLY young kids in Elementary School still LOVE him. Bill is trying to teach something -and they still show his vidoes in school. I like that Bill tries to compete with Ed Begely (sp) Jr. of whom has the "greener" home. I don't care if the espisodes are a year old. Green Technology IS coming. I think that's GREAT thing, Good for the planet, making it good for the abimals, making it good for me and you. You're here - and the Pearl Jam websight - that's cool, too! I"m not going to argue. :)
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

• Options
    Makes sense that Soundgarden would be on his show. Didn't Bill Nye get his break on a Seattle tv show?
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191

GENIUS

I saw him on something recently. I don't know what show it was but I'm pretty sure it was on Discovery or the Science Channel (no big surprise there).
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Makes sense that Soundgarden would be on his show. Didn't Bill Nye get his break on a Seattle tv show?

Bill Nye was on Almost Live a Seattle show of the early 90's....he also had a character named "Speed Walker"! At B'Shoot in 2007, I swear Bill Nye was in our hotel elevator. He had a small bucket with toothpaste, etc....When he got off the elevator, I yelled "Go Speedwalker!" and he flinched a little bit....

But yeah, Bill Nye the Science guy is AWESOME!
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    lephty wrote:

Although somewhat educational (BTW -I'm NOT mentally retarded) however this is just Yet ONE of the MANY Reasons reason I avoid this websight. Does Pearl Jam have an exclusive for the Adult followers. Although I appreciate younger PJ fans whom were introduced to PJ by their parents (like I personally was introduced to the Beatles) - I want to deal with PJ fans whom actually followed them. I thought I would give this one last try. I'm now over it.

• Options
    Bill Bill Bill Bill
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Science Rocks.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.