Options

Temple of the Dog

assasinassasin Posts: 61
edited November 2008 in The Porch
Things are panning out to be a reunion of the Dog on Nov 3rd.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    says who?! :eek:
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    that would be amazing, where and what time? and who says?
    E. Rutherford 6/03/06
    Camden 6/19/08
    Newark 5/18/10
    MSG 5/20/10
    MSG 5/21/10
    Brian (Staten Island): Does Boom even speak to you guys?

SportsNation Jeff Ament: (6:42 PM ET ) we can only speak to Boom when spoken to...
  • Options
    Sweeeeeeet!
    Nathan
  • Options
    I could see it. Chris Cornell is playing the Showbox on the 2nd and Mike and Stone will be at the Showbox on the 3rd with Tom Morello so, it could happen. Although Chris is playing that show on the 2nd with Timberland.
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    i cant see it happening
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Not a chance in hell.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    ...as long as chris DOESNT sing ANY OF HIS NEW STUFF ..you can count me in.....one word for that.....grosssss
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    NewDamageNewDamage Posts: 1,913
    He's only playing Scream in sequence on those shows with Timbaland. No SG/TOTD/AS/previous solo material. I think we'd best be content with the reunion we got in '03 where they played Reach Down and Hunger Strike. The way things look these days that might have possibly been the last time
    I am lost, I'm no guide. But I'm by your side...

8/25/92, 10/4/96, 10/5/96, 9/1/98, 9/4/98, 8/4/00, 8/6/00, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 10/6/04, 6/16/08
  • Options
    pretextpretext Posts: 1,294
    Not that I could be there anyway, but where does this info/rumour come from?
  • Options
    assasinassasin Posts: 61
    Here are a few extracted parts of Chris's last few blogs sequentially. He mentions dark corners and old friends in the 1st one. He mentions playing a song he has not played in 10 years and Temple of the Dog in the 2nd one. And in the 3rd he mentions Andrew Wood.

He plays the night before the show in Seattle on Nov 3rd and does not play again for a few days. My guess is he will show up at that show and if we are lucky we will get a couple songs from Temple of the Dog. Tell me if I am that far off.

"It was mine and Timbaland's hope that the first time anyone heard this it would be a one hour experience. Well, for some of you the first time you hear it live it will be just that. In addition I have been working on some songs that have not been played for years or maybe never and am going to throw it out there to you guys. Who wants to hear what??? I move forward at such a crazy pace, why don't you point me back to a few dark corners and I will drag out some old friends as well.
    I love music. I love writing songs. Making records. Changing my own game. Meeting my old friends and making new ones. My family and this. Nothing else matters. I was gonna talk about the stock market and the debate but fuck it. I don't feel like it anymore."

"A few things.
    First, thanks to everyone for the setlist input. Already working on some songs that I haven't played in at least ten years. One song that I haven't played more than one time live in my life, and have a short list that we will be able to get to over the next month of touring. I have to say though, "Scream" is what's up for me.
    I have been rehearsing the whole album start to finish and it's insanely fun.
    New music rules. Every song you ever loved by anyone was once brand new.
    Another thing I keep forgetting to mention. Ben (Soundgarden, Hater) was telling me that someone was selling guitars that they said used to be mine on ebay. I looked it up and they are trying to sell a guitar that they say I played in the Temple of The Dog "Hunger Strike" video. LIES! I have it with me at all times. It is my #1 go to guitar for recording and has been since I bought it in 1990."

"My next thought was one that has plagued me for years. Sitting in Kelly Curtis' living room with about 30 people, all sobbing. We had just come from Andy Wood's extra weird funeral-wake thing at the Paramount Theatre. It had these new age overtones that didn't fit Andy's life at all. There was an amazing film of Andy with Mother Love Bone band mates. All of Andy's friends and family were there, mixed with a bunch of fans who I didn't like but knew Andy would have loved. The fans went home. His friends went to Kelly's."
  • Options
    If this were to actually happen I would be on the first plane to Seattle to actually witness this historic occasion!!! How cool would it be to see them all together again!! :D

I wish i didn't live so fricken far away!!! BOOOOO!!! :(
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    assasin wrote:
    Here are a few extracted parts of Chris's last few blogs sequentially. He mentions dark corners and old friends in the 1st one. He mentions playing a song he has not played in 10 years and Temple of the Dog in the 2nd one. And in the 3rd he mentions Andrew Wood.

He plays the night before the show in Seattle on Nov 3rd and does not play again for a few days. My guess is he will show up at that show and if we are lucky we will get a couple songs from Temple of the Dog. Tell me if I am that far off.

"It was mine and Timbaland's hope that the first time anyone heard this it would be a one hour experience. Well, for some of you the first time you hear it live it will be just that. In addition I have been working on some songs that have not been played for years or maybe never and am going to throw it out there to you guys. Who wants to hear what??? I move forward at such a crazy pace, why don't you point me back to a few dark corners and I will drag out some old friends as well.
    I love music. I love writing songs. Making records. Changing my own game. Meeting my old friends and making new ones. My family and this. Nothing else matters. I was gonna talk about the stock market and the debate but fuck it. I don't feel like it anymore."

"A few things.
    First, thanks to everyone for the setlist input. Already working on some songs that I haven't played in at least ten years. One song that I haven't played more than one time live in my life, and have a short list that we will be able to get to over the next month of touring. I have to say though, "Scream" is what's up for me.
    I have been rehearsing the whole album start to finish and it's insanely fun.
    New music rules. Every song you ever loved by anyone was once brand new.
    Another thing I keep forgetting to mention. Ben (Soundgarden, Hater) was telling me that someone was selling guitars that they said used to be mine on ebay. I looked it up and they are trying to sell a guitar that they say I played in the Temple of The Dog "Hunger Strike" video. LIES! I have it with me at all times. It is my #1 go to guitar for recording and has been since I bought it in 1990."

"My next thought was one that has plagued me for years. Sitting in Kelly Curtis' living room with about 30 people, all sobbing. We had just come from Andy Wood's extra weird funeral-wake thing at the Paramount Theatre. It had these new age overtones that didn't fit Andy's life at all. There was an amazing film of Andy with Mother Love Bone band mates. All of Andy's friends and family were there, mixed with a bunch of fans who I didn't like but knew Andy would have loved. The fans went home. His friends went to Kelly's."

That comes across as if he doesn't want people to forget what he did and where he came from. I'm not sure if there's any real desire to go back to his old days. More like, 'I used to do this, remember!'
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    I think id fly anywhere to see TOTD.
  • Options
    wash_ wrote:
    That comes across as if he doesn't want people to forget what he did and where he came from. I'm not sure if there's any real desire to go back to his old days. More like, 'I used to do this, remember!'

and now he is playing show with timbaland. whats next? missy elliot remix??
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    wash_ wrote:

Exactly. The dude is a jeans model and a pop tart now, no way he could pull off a TOTD show. Especially if he's got Timbaland hanging with him.

Ain't gonna happen.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    I saw them play hunger strike & reach down back in 92 & was standing on the stage & when chris & matt walked by me i knew what was about to happen & it was the best 2 songs i've ever seen live, would love to see it again hope they make a dvd if it happens...........http://www.reachdown.com/live-irvine.shtml
  • Options
    Lanegan7Lanegan7 Posts: 124
    So is this gonna happen? I would love for Eddie to take a break and Chris to leave his solo crap behind so they can record another album together, prolly won't happen though. :(
  • Options
    muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    jeffbr wrote:
    Exactly. The dude is a jeans model and a pop tart now, no way he could pull off a TOTD show. Especially if he's got Timbaland hanging with him.

Ain't gonna happen.

Dunno, he may have lost a lot of respect in some peoples eyes, but he can sure belt out some of those TOTD songs. He's been doing Reach Down on this current tour which is pretty impressive given the shite state of his voice earlier this decade.
  • Options
    muppet wrote:
    Dunno, he may have lost a lot of respect in some peoples eyes, but he can sure belt out some of those TOTD songs. He's been doing Reach Down on this current tour which is pretty impressive given the shite state of his voice earlier this decade.
    The encore in his Scream-based Seattle show last night was Hunger Strike and Reach Down... food for thought...
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    I would like my time, and my money back from last night.....
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
    that bad?
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    so sad totd fade in past.
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    K.LOK.LO Posts: 163
    halszka123 wrote:
    so sad totd fade in past.
    At least we have good music to remember them by.;)
  • Options
    The energy, emotion and literal, collective astonished gasp of thousands at the sheer fucking awesomeness when Cornell walked onstage with Pearl Jam on Oct 28, 2003 at the Santa Barbara Bowl was something I'll never in my life forget.

People screamed. Cheered. Burst into tears. Some undoubtedly later called them over-invested in the music, or questioned their sexuality outright, but I knew exactly what was going on in the minds, nerves and hearts of each of the many grown men I saw singing along with all they had, hands to the sky, tears streaming down their cheeks. I related entirely.

I remember every detail of that night.

Those moments are rare for a reason. And whatever happens tonight, if anything does... I hope it's great. But even if they turn it into a beatbox battle and do a karaoke version of Stargazer, we still have the history, the original TOTD record, and some of us still have sacred moments, like that night in Santa Barbara.

Good luck, whoever's up there tonight!
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    jeffbr wrote:

Ain't gonna happen.

Sad part about it all- When i saw cornell in NJ when he was supporting his last album, the guy was balls to the wall and could EASILY pull off temple of the dog songs (i was blessed with Say Hello To Heaven and let me tell you, he didnt miss a beat) it makes this whole timaland thing that much harder to swallow... a real shame
  • Options
    Firecloud wrote:
    The energy, emotion and literal, collective astonished gasp of thousands at the sheer fucking awesomeness when Cornell walked onstage with Pearl Jam on Oct 28, 2003 at the Santa Barbara Bowl was something I'll never in my life forget.

People screamed. Cheered. Burst into tears. Some undoubtedly later called them over-invested in the music, or questioned their sexuality outright, but I knew exactly what was going on in the minds, nerves and hearts of each of the many grown men I saw singing along with all they had, hands to the sky, tears streaming down their cheeks. I related entirely.

I remember every detail of that night.

Those moments are rare for a reason. And whatever happens tonight, if anything does... I hope it's great. But even if they turn it into a beatbox battle and do a karaoke version of Stargazer, we still have the history, the original TOTD record, and some of us still have sacred moments, like that night in Santa Barbara.

Good luck, whoever's up there tonight!

Best concert/maybe night of my life. I'll never forget sitting on the wall in the parking lot at the SB Bowl in the afternoon, listening to the soundcheck taking place over the hill, and hearing hundreds of people SCREAM in unison when Cornell's voice was heard during his part of "Hunger Strike".

I had never been apart of anything like that before, and haven't since.

With the obvious Cornell appearance, Jack Irons coming out for a few songs, Jack Johnson playing guitar on "Better Man", John Frusciante coming out to jam on that last song, it just doesn't get any better than that.

The only thing I would have changed that night would have been to only have one version of "I Believe In Miracles" instead of two. :)
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    Well I can confirm it never happend last night.