Options

THE holy grail of posters!

assasinassasin Posts: 61
edited April 2008 in The Porch
This is a response the post with the above heading.

I WAS THERE!
I was was 19 and traveling Europe with my girlfriend at the time. We saw a flier saying PJ was playing in 3 days and said, lets Go! We ended up seeing Soundgarden 1 month later in the same venue. The crowd was rowdy, windows on doors were broken. The paint inside was not dry so everyone had white paint on them. The floor in the PIT was very slick. Ed climbed the scafulting (spelling?) to sing Alive. I attached a link to a picture from where our seats were. GA floor was open to anyone. We grew up in Seattle so this was a taste of home from far away.

Some times hearing posts of 10club members bitching rubs me the wrong way so I don't post that much. I just want to say the people bitching about seniority are way off. I just started paying for my club membership last year but I have been a fan way longer than most and if you could see my membership # based on that, I would be near the top. You think any member of PJ sits around bitching about their membership to the the Who's fan club. No, they like to play music and be active in what they enjoy. I bet the most hard core PJ fans dont even have a membership because they are too busy not giving a Fuck! I only learned how to use a computer 3 years ago but that does not make me any less of a fan. Lets just all rock and roll and stop complaining.

Sub Pop 20th! Be there!

I should have bought a poster!

http://sdandd.com/index-31PJ.htm

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/1605
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    wow. cool story and i have NEVER seen that poster, its nice, sutton rules. congrats. mustve been an awesome show...id be up at the top with you in the number if i had bought mine in 92, so i feel ya.

setlist for old times sake:

Set 1

Go, Last Exit, Animal, Spin The Black Circle, Hail Hail, Red Mosquito, Who You Are, Off He Goes, Corduroy, Better Man, Habit, Even Flow, Daughter/(Noise of Carpet), Jeremy, Sometimes, Rearviewmirror, Present Tense, Black, Alive

Encore 1
    Mankind, Once, Hunger Strike, State Of Love And Trust, Immortality, Smile, Porch
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    Awesome Story.............look at the crowd in that pic!!
    Damn, i love rock and roll!!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    ONCE DEVIDEDONCE DEVIDED Posts: 1,131
    I say to you
    Your so right about ten club seniority. FUCK IT
    so much bitching about a gift NOT A RIGHT.
    apreciation for what PJ gives more than bitching is needed
    I disagree that you dont post because of the negativity- It should be the opposite drown out the crap with golden stories of experiences and encounters because of your Love of the band. the longtimers have a lot of history to share.
    Im reletively new to the boards ( just over a year) but my PJ afliction started in early 94. im nota member.
    it makes me sad to think a lot of the original fans do not join in because of the crap here
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,161
    I just framed mine. Definitely my favorite Ames Bros. poster. Wish Sutton would do more for them.
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2315/2422583123_eea8e76fcb.jpg
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    assasin wrote:
    This is a response the post with the above heading.

I WAS THERE!
    I was was 19 and traveling Europe with my girlfriend at the time. We saw a flier saying PJ was playing in 3 days and said, lets Go! We ended up seeing Soundgarden 1 month later in the same venue. The crowd was rowdy, windows on doors were broken. The paint inside was not dry so everyone had white paint on them. The floor in the PIT was very slick. Ed climbed the scafulting (spelling?) to sing Alive. I attached a link to a picture from where our seats were. GA floor was open to anyone. We grew up in Seattle so this was a taste of home from far away.

Some times hearing posts of 10club members bitching rubs me the wrong way so I don't post that much. I just want to say the people bitching about seniority are way off. I just started paying for my club membership last year but I have been a fan way longer than most and if you could see my membership # based on that, I would be near the top. You think any member of PJ sits around bitching about their membership to the the Who's fan club. No, they like to play music and be active in what they enjoy. I bet the most hard core PJ fans dont even have a membership because they are too busy not giving a Fuck! I only learned how to use a computer 3 years ago but that does not make me any less of a fan. Lets just all rock and roll and stop complaining.

Sub Pop 20th! Be there!

I should have bought a poster!

http://sdandd.com/index-31PJ.htm

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/1605

well said, brother
    "WE'RE UH, WE'RE GONNA DO THIS ONE WHICH IS UH, CERTAINLY NOT A USUAL ONE, AND THEN UH, JUST TAKE A FEW MORE MINUTES, THEN UH, AND THEN WE'RE GONNA DO OUR BEST TO KEEP TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS AWAKE FR..." (cheering at intro)...

--->H2I

(special moment)
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    eh

its ok

Personally, I think this ones better

And

this

one
    also,......

Wow. That poster is: AMAZING.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    eh

its ok

Personally, I think this ones better

And

this

one
    also,......

that one is nice, but it doesnt represent a show and it says virgin megastore on it. meh.

sutton should definately do more pj stuff. randals island and seattle 96 and prague 96. what else has he done for them?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18