Calling all phone geeks.. little help?

mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,981
edited March 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
So, I'm about 6 months shy of an upgrade for the new every two through Verizon. Get an email today saying I can upgrade early and get a discount. Plus it stated that if I wait til november I'll receive an additional "loyalty discount"

A. Does anyone know how much more this is?
As it is right now, I'd only get the standard new account discount on the HTC Thunderbolt, still costing $250. About half of the listed retail cost.

B. Does anyone know what 4g phones are coming down the pike soon for Verizon?

C. Does anyone with Verizon have the Thunderbolt?
_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kevinbeetlekevinbeetle Posts: 358
    the new every two is no longer available

http://money.cnn.com/2011/01/13/technol ... /index.htm

i was up for renewal in february and waited for the thunderbolt the day it came out. only got a $30 credit. ended up being $229 with taxes, i think. unlimited data plan and 450 minutes or so with unlimited text messages runs me around $80 a month with my government discount.

depending on where you live, you may not get 4g

http://network4g.verizonwireless.com/#/coverage.

3g is fast enough. plus 4g sucks the battery life faster.

all you need to know about the thunderbolt is here

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-thunderbolt/

i have it and love it. better than the iphone.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,981
    4g is here now or will soon be. Columbus is a market they're in for 4g. Just wondered if its worth it. Plus I have the old premium plan , that allows unlimited browsing ,email, VZ Nav etc.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • kevinbeetlekevinbeetle Posts: 358
    i upgraded from the lg dare, so anything is better than that was
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=146015

4g rules

Thunderbolt is a solid phone imo. Its a warmed over evo which is what i have. Bionic looks solid and would be my choice, but its not out until may.

Stay away from samsung, they never update anything
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,981
    $250. Gonna wait.

interesting...

i like sense, or i guess i do. :lol: it's better than samsung skin, that's for sure. i do like that HTC puts the home button of the far left vs other phones that have the menu button on the far left.

but the dual core is the final say for me. however, with the htc evo 3d coming out for sprint, you would expect something close to that on verizon shortly
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    81 wrote:

interesting...

i like sense, or i guess i do. :lol: it's better than samsung skin, that's for sure. i do like that HTC puts the home button of the far left vs other phones that have the menu button on the far left.

but the dual core is the final say for me. however, with the htc evo 3d coming out for sprint, you would expect something close to that on verizon shortly
    If I was to get any android device it would be from HTC. I feel like the sense ui fits perfect with that platform and HTC Is a step above everyone else. I have used the droid x and motorola blur seems laggy to me.

Everyone I know who has a samsung bitches about updates.
    samsung is terrible with updates. i wouldn't be suprised if we get gingerbread on teh evo before they get froyo on teh facsincate :lol:

samsung makes a decent phone other wise
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg