Options

MSG question, please respond!

MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
edited April 2008 in The Porch
I hate to start another thread with the flurry of new threads in the last couple of weeks but I couldn't find an appropriate place to ask:

Since I missed the deadline for Ten Club registration and now will have to get tickets through ticketmaster for the MSG shows, what are the closest seats I can get? I'm hoping the non-10c seats begin halfway back at the least, but I have no idea.
I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
-Reagan
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    MattyJoe wrote:
    I hate to start another thread with the flurry of new threads in the last couple of weeks but I couldn't find an appropriate place to ask:

Since I missed the deadline for Ten Club registration and now will have to get tickets through ticketmaster for the MSG shows, what are the closest seats I can get? I'm hoping the non-10c seats begin at the least halfway back, but I have no idea.

There should definitely be very good seats available.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    MattyJoe wrote:

Since I missed the deadline for Ten Club registration and now will have to get tickets through ticketmaster for the MSG shows, what are the closest seats I can get? I'm hoping the non-10c seats begin at least halfway back, but I have no idea.

some people have said ten club gets about 10% of the tickets, but i've been to shows where nearly the entire venue is fan club. Last tour at least 3 shows the entire floor plus half of the lower sections of an arena were filled with 10C members.
    how am i supposed to sign here?
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    Are you getting multiple tickets? If you were to just get a single ticket you could probably score a pretty good seat.

Probably 2 or 3.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    MattyJoe wrote:

Since I missed the deadline for Ten Club registration and now will have to get tickets through ticketmaster for the MSG shows, what are the closest seats I can get? I'm hoping the non-10c seats begin halfway back at the least, but I have no idea.

the 10c knows what it was given and tm knows what was given to the fan club, the media, the corporate sponsors, the NYC vips, etc.

so ask them

other than that, its all speculation

but, you will be lucky to get ANY seats on TM in my opinion.
  • Options
    Its really difficult to project where you will end up. With MSG, the most important thing is just getting in the building. At the infamous "Breath" show in 98, my seats werent close at all but I still had a great time. It was one of their best shows ever. Anyway, you will have a better chance at good seats if you just get 2 tix instead of 3. IMO, the worst seats are on the floor in the way back. Wing seats are good. I had wing seats at MSG 2 in 03 and I wasnt disappointed at all.

yes absolutely, side stage, even halfway up, are WAY better then even a quarter of the way back on the floor, unless you are very tall