Options

Availability of Reissues

Thief of SilenceThief of Silence Posts: 169
edited March 2011 in The Porch
Since I don't have a credit card right now and didn't really feel like spending $180+ for the 10C box set (especially since my 10 one came with scratched/unplayable cd), I decided that I'd settle with picking up the in-store dexluxe set.

Oddly enough, this set was a bit hard to find this afternoon in Canada. According to two HMV stores in Downtown Ottawa, many of the stores were only allowed to order one of the Deluxe editions, but more of the regular single-disc reissues - obviously missing the live disc.

I'm not sure why this edition would be released in such limited quantities. A search on the HMV website shows that most of the stores only have one copy of the set, if they have it at all. Unless the single-disc editions are going to be great sellers on their own, the sales figures for this series are probably going to be very low...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,828
    BestBuy & Futureshop close to where I live here in Halifax don't even have it or carry the Deluxe Editions. They didn't even have the single Vs. & Vitalogy reissue copies. :/ It's another reason why I shop for my music online. My local record stores & retail outlets don't carry these goods.

One thing that's weird is the Amazon.ca store. http://www.amazon.ca/Vitalogy-Pearl-Jam ... 000&sr=8-5 & http://www.amazon.ca/Vs-Pearl-Jam/dp/B0 ... 083&sr=1-3 "Usually ships within 9 to 11 days." ? You would think they would have crates of these reissue Pearl Jam Vs. & Vitalogy CD's. The Amazon.com site has "In Stock" will ship next business day.
  • Options
    halvhalv Posts: 680
    Same thing in Vancouver. Not one store has the deluxe 3-cd set in stock. Crazy.
  • Options
    halv wrote:
    Same thing in Vancouver. Not one store has the deluxe 3-cd set in stock. Crazy.

I could of sworn somebody day's ago posted a pic here, from Canada, that their local Best Buy store were to sell the Vs & Vitalogy CD's with Exclusive T-shirts. Their Canadian website didn't have any listed. My local store didn't even know about it. BestBuy.com has them for sale but yet again, they don't ship to Canada. Friend from Jersey was able to hook me up. :D

But again, shocked the reissue CD's are not available here locally. Being that they are Sony & all. :|
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,675
    I was at Future Shop today... guy had NO CLUE what I was talking about when I asked him about this.

And there is nothing on their website either.
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    mr_perfectmr_perfect Posts: 145
    holy fuck why is the price for the delux cd set $51.99 on amazon.ca!!! i preordered it a month ago and it was $27.99! i wound up cancelling that order and going with amazon.com for $24 US

even the single sets are 17.99...they were previously 9.99 a month ago!
  • Options
    ty9969ty9969 Posts: 48
    Same thing in Edmonton.
    I decided this time around to not preorder, because I end up waiting for the disc while it's already on store shelves. Thought I was smarter this time. I am waiting anyway.
  • Options
    mr_perfect wrote:
    holy fuck why is the price for the delux cd set $51.99 on amazon.ca!!! i preordered it a month ago and it was $27.99! i wound up cancelling that order and going with amazon.com for $24 US

even the single sets are 17.99...they were previously 9.99 a month ago!

That sucks. But wouldn't amazon.ca keep your fixed price of $27.99 that you preordered with instead of changing the price of the product/your already placed receipt a month later to $51.99?