Options

United Palace Theatre, NY

MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Ed is playing at the United Palace Theatre on his solo tour so I wanted to check their website. I found this picture gallery.

http://www.theunitedpalace.com/slideshow1.htm

Holy crap that place is beautiful!!
I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
-Reagan
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Assuming I get in, I'll feel classy that night for sure! Beautiful venue and I'm sure it sounds great too.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    its a dump actually

and a fire trap

I saw neil there and swore Id never go back.

One bathroom. Its a church that is leased to clear channel, they fixed it up (cleaned it up I should say) with the agreement they could book shows there. And good luck parking-its a nightmare.
  • Options
    as amazing as the neil show in that building was....the parking situation borderline ruined the night. I waited for a good 45 min to an hour in the snow for the car. Try to avoid the lots around there if at all possible
  • Options
    iwasthereiwasthere Posts: 511
    Looks like the inside of every other theatre in the country.
    tacos
  • Options
    chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    Cool venue but not a great neighborhood. A good sprint from the subway to the theater, about a block.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    chimpat wrote:
    Cool venue but not a great neighborhood. A good sprint from the subway to the theater, about a block.

That area has gotten a lot better in the last few years.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    distantsundistantsun Posts: 265
    i saw Neil there twice in the winter. it is not only gorgeous but the acoustics are beyond amazing. the security guys were not douche bags either.

well done.
    this post has been approved by grace6697.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    distantsun wrote:
    i saw Neil there twice in the winter. it is not only gorgeous but the acoustics are beyond amazing. the security guys were not douche bags either.

well done.
    the sound is very good that is true
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,316
    Then go to NJPAC instead. Take PATH from the Trade Center to Newark, then a 10 minute walk. You won't be disappointed. Nicest venue in the country, next to Carnegie Hall
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life