Options

Important Info For Mansfield

grubbagrubba Posts: 44
edited June 2008 in The Porch
this year They have had double the arrests for the year already..damn kids..So they started REALLY CRACKING down on open containers in parking lot..Bring a Water bottle or something good.No word of exageration they a busting EVRY ONE's balls

I know I work for budweiser it is one of my account be cool
Lay down your'e arms and surrender to me...It must have been the devil
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,110
    grubba wrote:
    this year They have had double the arrests for the year already..damn kids..So they started REALLY CRACKING down on open containers in parking lot..Bring a Water bottle or something good.No word of exageration they a busting EVRY ONE's balls

I know I work for budweiser it is one of my account be cool

Are you saying solo cups are no good?
  • Options
    hiding103006hiding103006 Posts: 452
    pjl44 wrote:
    Are you saying solo cups are no good?
    yeah... no good??
    Camden 7-5-2003, Camden 7-6-2003, Hershey 7-12-2003, Camden 5-27-2006, Camden 5-28-2006, Lollapalooza 8-5-2007, Camden 6-19-2008, Camden 6-20-2008, New York 6-24-2008, New York 6-25-2008, Mansfield 6-28-2008, Mansfield 6-30-2008
  • Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    they better not bust my balls with a solo cup.
  • Options
    BrezBrez Posts: 570
    Living on Cape Cod and just having been there last night, I agree with the original poster. There is a new policy of NO ALCOHOL in the parking lot. NONE. Whether your 21 or 100. A bunch of my friends got busted earlier this week.

And idk what the deal would be with a solo cup... sorry.
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,925
    In my 10 years going to Greatwoods/Tweeter, we've never once been bothered by security. Every now and then, they'll come by and make sure we have it in cups, and ask us to bag the empties. Always really nice people, and really understanding. As long as you're not acting like douche bags, they'll leave you alone.

My buddy went to a show there a few weeks ago, and said that security came by just a little bit after they had shown up and set up shop. Having some beers, grilling, tailgating in general. Security took all of their beer, and poured them out. They asked if they could just keep the beer and head back to their hotel with it. Security said nope, we have to pour them out. It was ridiculous.

But......my other buddy went to see Tom Petty there earlier this summer, and had the VIP parking pass. He didn't get bothered once. Nobody said shit to them and let them do their thing. Who knows?

I'm tempted to call and see what the deal is. This would seriously fuck the day up if we show up and have to hand over all our beer. I'd just as soon stay at the hotel and drink there.

If anyone has anymore info, please let us know.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,013
    Mcam55 wrote:
    went to dmb last night there and the cops were hasseling alot of people....they started giving me shit for no reason at all and made me empty out my beer , it was in a red cup. I wasnt even holding the cup either when they rolled by.
    if you're over 21, why can't you drink in the parking lot?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    can we safely smoke the weeds ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    LukinFan wrote:
    if you're over 21, why can't you drink in the parking lot?

Not sure what the law is in the MA, but isn't it illegal to drink in public spaces without a liquor license (save and except for in Las Vegas)?
  • Options
    fucking gestapo dick heads!!

they wanna make sure you're buying their shitty draft Budweisers garbage @ over inflated prices.
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,517
    Lots don't open until 4pm by the way. New rules for Tweeter center so if you get there at 2pm, you might not get in.
  • Options
    teflonsteveteflonsteve Posts: 275
    There were tons of people drinking at Iron Maiden last weekend. I did see the cops cuff some kids but I imagine it was for underage drinking.
    9/20/05 - Quebec City
    9/22/05 - Halifax
    6/19/08 - Camden 
    6/28/08 - Mansfield 
    9/07/11 - Montreal
    5/05/16 - Quebec City
  • Options
    Mcam55 wrote:
    lots open at 230 according to venues website.

Mansfield main lots open at 4pm. I went to DMB the past 2 days and can confirm this is the case. People who went to Petty 2 weeks ago can confirm the 4pm gate opening as well. The pay lots outside the venue may be different.
  • Options
    no drinking in the parking lot they want you to go inside and spend $8.50 for a shot of beer
    " i know someday you'll have a beautiful life i fucking hope you'll be a star in somebody else's sky but why cant it be mine?" "he who forgets will be destined to remember" -ev greatest writer ever

MIKE McfuckinCready you deserve way more credit

!EVEN FLOW PSYCHO MEMBER! ~~@#028@~~
  • Options
    Also, regarding driving for you in the South Shore area, here's a tip: Do NOT take the highway the whole way to the Tweeter.

I saw DMB 2 nights in a row this week and what I did was take 95 South to 7A Mansfield and then took 106 through Mansfield Center. I literally drove right to the lots with ZERO traffic. My buddy and I last night at 4:40 coasted right to the lots and as we're driving over the overpass, we look to the right at the traffic and it was backed up for as far as we could see. Mapquest 106 - no headaches at all.
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    Great Woods night 2 '98. I got to the parking lot and was there for about 5 minutes. Decided to discreetly crack my first beer and put it in a solo cup. Random bike cop rolls up. He proceeds to take my ticket and make me leave the parking lot. I hadn't even had a sip of alcohol yet. Talk about a prick.

Watch out at that place. Not to mention it may be the worst venue in North America for post show traffic.

Yes i'm still bitter.
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    isn't there a private parking lot not affiliated with the venue?
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Just don't drink and enjoy the show with a clear mind
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    Just don't drink and enjoy the show with a clear mind

good one funny guy!! :D:):D
  • Options
    TaftTaft Posts: 453
    Just park in one of the private lots when you first get off the highway, they have their own rules and own security. It will cost a bit, but well worth it to tailgate all day and have an easy exit.
  • Options
    Taft wrote:
    Just park in one of the private lots when you first get off the highway, they have their own rules and own security. It will cost a bit, but well worth it to tailgate all day and have an easy exit.

Taft - you're exactly right. I paid the $30 and drank in the first lot on the right before the main lots off the highway and had no problems. Around 7:30 a cop came around and told everyone to go in to the show, but it was no big deal. I literally spent 3 minutes in that lot after the show and got on the highway immediately after. No problems.
  • Options
    TangerineTangerine Posts: 880
    Why would they open the lots at 2:30 if you can't tailgate? Do they honestly think we're just going to sit in our cars for four hours until the doors open?

I'll be pissed if they make us dump our beer because I know there were people drinking in the VIP lot at REM and no one was bothering them. I already bought our parking pass too so it's not like we have the option of parking in one of the private lots. Well we do but I'm not losing out on the $40 I already paid.
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • Options
    UndyTakerUndyTaker Posts: 358
    I shit and I stink. I'm real, join the club.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • Options
    grubbagrubba Posts: 44
    They may work as htey should if you lokk CLEARLY old enough just be cool
    Lay down your'e arms and surrender to me...It must have been the devil
  • Options
    PJgvntoflyPJgvntofly Posts: 10
    so when do the lots open?
  • Options
    TangerineTangerine Posts: 880
    grubba wrote:
    They may work as htey should if you lokk CLEARLY old enough just be cool

Great, I don't. I'm 31 but I still get carded everywhere even for cigarettes. I know I'll get harassed :(
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • Options
    I went to DMB at Tweeter the past two nights and here's what I did:

I went in the free lots on Tuesday and my brother and I drank in the truck while the golf carts drove by. Put on tunes and chilled until it got better.

Last night my buddy and I went and paid the 30 bucks and parked in the first private lot after the highway on the right. No problems and they may open earlier than the main lots. Got out of there easily. I had to leave Night 1 at the encore in order to get the hell out of there otherwise you're there until 1am.
  • Options
    hiding103006hiding103006 Posts: 452
    so what exactly to do? can we friggin' drink there or not???
    Camden 7-5-2003, Camden 7-6-2003, Hershey 7-12-2003, Camden 5-27-2006, Camden 5-28-2006, Lollapalooza 8-5-2007, Camden 6-19-2008, Camden 6-20-2008, New York 6-24-2008, New York 6-25-2008, Mansfield 6-28-2008, Mansfield 6-30-2008
  • Options
    thossythossy Posts: 59
    Also went to DMB on tuesday (ending my 3 year boycott of Great Woods) and here's what happened to me and my cousin.

We got there at about 6:45 and had gotten sandwiches, we are eating them and i had just poured a beer and the Cop and yellow shirt brigade came by with the cop saying to us, it would be great if you could start heading in. Now we were waiting for a few other people so we just ate and finished.

right after the cop said that too us we look over and he's emptying someone's cooler into the back of the golf cart and my cousin and i look at each other and slowly close the trunk of her car. The guy who lost the beer shows up and says WTF and the cop says you left a cooler by itself and this is what happens. (this i can understand, but the cop didnt seem to even warn the guy or look for him)

After they passed thru and headed towards the rest of the lots it was like normal. On their next pass thru as we are getting ready to go in we were pouring one last drink for the walk, my cousin put her drink on the ground as she was getting something out of the back and one of the Yellow Shirt Guys kicked her drink over onto the ground!!!! So she poured another and we headed in. As we headed in there was probably 6 or 7 yellow shirt people detaining a group of kids who were underage (so beware for those that are) they didn't seem to be drinking at the time but it was obvious they had been.

Long story short, they are definitely cracking down in the parking lot, I'm trying the VIP parking (more for getting out of that place) for the PJ shows otherwise I'll be in one of those lots outside the venue from here on in.
    98 MSG I
    04 Boston I
    06 Hartford, Boston I+II
    08 Hartford, Mansfield I+II
    08 EV Solo Boston I+II
  • Options
    thossy wrote:
    Also went to DMB on tuesday (ending my 3 year boycott of Great Woods) and here's what happened to me and my cousin.

We got there at about 6:45 and had gotten sandwiches, we are eating them and i had just poured a beer and the Cop and yellow shirt brigade came by with the cop saying to us, it would be great if you could start heading in. Now we were waiting for a few other people so we just ate and finished.

right after the cop said that too us we look over and he's emptying someone's cooler into the back of the golf cart and my cousin and i look at each other and slowly close the trunk of her car. The guy who lost the beer shows up and says WTF and the cop says you left a cooler by itself and this is what happens. (this i can understand, but the cop didnt seem to even warn the guy or look for him)

After they passed thru and headed towards the rest of the lots it was like normal. On their next pass thru as we are getting ready to go in we were pouring one last drink for the walk, my cousin put her drink on the ground as she was getting something out of the back and one of the Yellow Shirt Guys kicked her drink over onto the ground!!!! So she poured another and we headed in. As we headed in there was probably 6 or 7 yellow shirt people detaining a group of kids who were underage (so beware for those that are) they didn't seem to be drinking at the time but it was obvious they had been.

Long story short, they are definitely cracking down in the parking lot, I'm trying the VIP parking (more for getting out of that place) for the PJ shows otherwise I'll be in one of those lots outside the venue from here on in.

Another tip is it's cheaper and easier to pay the $30 outside the venue cause you will leave quicker. The $40 VIP lots let you out, but there is a wait...it's not immediate that you leave there from what I've heard.
  • Options
    thossythossy Posts: 59
    Another tip is it's cheaper and easier to pay the $30 outside the venue cause you will leave quicker. The $40 VIP lots let you out, but there is a wait...it's not immediate that you leave there from what I've heard.

in my 3 yr Great Woods boycott i wasn't sure what the lot policy was or what the cost of the non Great Woods lots would be so i just spent the $40 but i completely agree with you now that i had been there again. I really wish PJ was playing the fleetcenter (i still can't call it the garden).
    98 MSG I
    04 Boston I
    06 Hartford, Boston I+II
    08 Hartford, Mansfield I+II
    08 EV Solo Boston I+II