F*#$ up dreams

Ms. Wes C.addleMs. Wes C.addle Posts: 2,559
edited March 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Have you every had a dream so real that it scared the shit out of you? Like, when you wake up, you think that it's your 'dream-state' waking up within the dream? it felt like some crazy Inception stuff.

Most of my dreams don't include all my sense, which make it obvious that it's just a dream...

Has this happened to you? Does it happen often?

My dream just seemed too real. I was at my bother's house with other family members. He had been drinking. I must have said something that tripped him off. He left the room, I appoplgized to my dad for the stir. My brother returned with a pistol- one of which I've seen many times, and shot many times up at the cabin. He shot it in the air and put a hole through the ceiling. The blast hurt my ears andmade me scream. He later was screaming at me, telling me he hated me and couldn't handle the fact that his ex girlfriend looks similar to me (dark hair, that's it). He then proceeded to pull the trigger several more times, pointing it at himself, me and in the air. But with each click- nothing.

Now, this is a brother that once played Russian roulette with me as a teenager, after a night of drinking. You never are comfortable with a gun pointed at you.

Finally, after several more clicks (assuming it was unloaded since it never went off again), he walked closer to me and pointed it right at my forehead. He pulled the trigger. There was a large blast, a crunch, and then a haze. I watched my brother's eyes get as big as the moon while I felt warm blood trickle down the back of my skull. I could smell the smoke ommitted from the gun. I could smell blood. I could feel my body go into shock.

I woke up thinking I was actually dead and that this was just my 'afterlife spirit'. Then, my first thought was, you motherfucker! Now I'm going to miss the Ed solos AGAIN!!!

What do you think that all means?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I am reading this as I am about to go to sleep. I hate watching reading bad/scary disturbing things before bed...

Not sure what it means, but it must have been very disturbing for you...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • pjfan31 wrote:
    I am reading this as I am about to go to sleep. I hate watching reading bad/scary disturbing things before bed...

Not sure what it means, but it must have been very disturbing for you...
    Haha! Sweet dreams!

There's gotta be some dream analyzers out there, right? And some crazier dreams?
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    I WOKE UP IN WISCONSIN...BAD BAD DREAM
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    Mental Note: avoid your brother....
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
  • I think it means you're brother is a crazy fuck.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    it means get out of the country life ..its driving you insane
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • I think it means you're brother is a crazy fuck.
    Bahahahahaha!!! Perhaps, but I believe that took place over 14 years ago now... But maybe my brain is warning me ;)
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I don’t know what it means, but I too have VERY VIVID dreams. They seem so friggin real. I wake up and I’m like, WTF?

I’ve had dreams about fire before and I could literally feel fire on my back.

I’ve had dreams I’ve been arrested and I was petrified.

I’ve had several dreams about planes falling from the sky, I’m not in them, but I see them.

Freaks me OUT because they are so REAL when you're dreaming.

I avoid eating a few hours before going to bed because that makes them 10 times worse.
  • I don’t know what it means, but I too have VERY VIVID dreams. They seem so friggin real. I wake up and I’m like, WTF?

I’ve had dreams about fire before and I could literally feel fire on my back.

I’ve had dreams I’ve been arrested and I was petrified.

I’ve had several dreams about planes falling from the sky, I’m not in them, but I see them.

Freaks me OUT because they are so REAL when you're dreaming.

I avoid eating a few hours before going to bed because that makes them 10 times worse.
    Wow! Isn't it freaky?!

I had a cigarette last night, right before bed- first one in months. That all somehow makes sense. Death, smoke. Hrmmmmm.

I have a way of having bad feelings about things, and they usually come true. Like premonitions of sorts.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    the cigarette could definitely have something to do with it.

It is bizarre because sometimes it's like I live a whole other life during the night, I dream all night long.

For instance, a couple of weeks ago I hit the snooze button, and in the 9 minutes between alarms, I had a very real Pearl Jam dream.

Pearl Jam was making a video about a song about being rock stars and drinking and drugs and women, and I’m like, why are they doing this, this is SO NOT PEARL JAM. It was so real, they were all there, and I could talk to them.

Now that definitely freaked me out because it felt like a long dream but I was only sleeping for 9 minutes.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I've heard 'death' dreams are a sign of a 'death' of something....death of a job, death of a relationship, not necessarily an actual person dying...the realism...smell of smoke, blood could be a personal attachment specifically to the item.

I try to not read too much into my dreams...as most of them come true in some form or another.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    To fully analyze I'd need to know what happened to the dog.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    edited March 2011
    i invented a new sport in my dreams last night... it was like a cross between soccer and basketball... played on a glass floor with a shark tank below... and both teams were old asian women in brightly colored jumpsuits... the rims were neon and there was loud techno music... they only played with their feet and the ball floated like a slightly deflated helium balloon... so everything seemed slow motion

and i was watching this event with 2 ex gfs and my dog at the new cleveland, ohio themed hotel in las vegas after rollerblading down the block i grew up on

it was all very vivid
    Post edited by Kilgore_Trout on
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    i invented a new sport in my dreams last night... it was like a cross between soccer and basketball... played on a glass floor with a shark tank below... and both teams were old asian women in brightly colored jumpsuits... the rims were neon and there was loud techno music

and i was watching this event with 2 ex gfs and my dog at the new cleveland, ohio themed hotel in las vegas after rollerblading down the block i grew up on

it was all very vivid

Still not as weird as your avatar.
    i invented a new sport in my dreams last night... it was like a cross between soccer and basketball... played on a glass floor with a shark tank below... and both teams were old asian women in brightly colored jumpsuits... the rims were neon and there was loud techno music

it was all very vivid

Still not as weird as your avatar.
    "weird" is exactly what i was going for :P

• guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    Probably means that you are worried about the ticket sale, and actually getting tickets. You know that only death or bad 10C servers will prevent it. Subconciously, of course.
  • AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    I think it means you're brother is a crazy fuck.
    Hahahahahaha!!! Perhaps, but I believe that took place over 14 years ago now... But maybe my brain is warning me ;)

The greatest predictor of future behavior is past behavior
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
    i invented a new sport in my dreams last night... it was like a cross between soccer and basketball... played on a glass floor with a shark tank below... and both teams were old asian women in brightly colored jumpsuits... the rims were neon and there was loud techno music... they only played with their feet and the ball floated like a slightly deflated helium balloon... so everything seemed slow motion

it was all very vivid
    th_dreamball.jpg