April Fools

dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
edited April 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
What do you have up your sleeve? :twisted:

I'm an avid prankster, and love getting pranked myself. So, this year my girlfriend and I have joined forces for an ultimate scheme.

We've been together for over 4+ years now. We live together, are incredibly close as well as being close with all of my family and hers. If something were to happen between us, it would really throw a loop in our family circles as well as making the heads of our friends spin. Through the beauty (okay, that's a joke) of Facebook, we will be pranking everyone into thinking we had a falling out and ended abruptly.

The g/f will be updating her relationship status, with a very cryptic post late Thursday evening, and due to being so "upset" will not be answering phone calls all that night or most of the next day .

Obviously we can't completely avoid this, so we're both preparing ourselves as actors (and actresses). Our goal is to make it until end of work on April 1st. Or perhaps, until Saturday.

Can't wait.
7/2/06 - Denver, CO
6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    being that you are broke up, is it too soon to ask for her number?

thanks pal
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    facebook makes pranking that much easier

let us know how it goes

i don't have anything planned so far... better start thinking :twisted:
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
    interesting avatar there mr. trout
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    My friends and I tried a similar joke on a mutual friend...it was hilarious to keep up the charade...and then some not so nice things happened....'just saying'. (but if your family/friends are used to pranks then go for it!)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    just to stay on topic....

i have nothing planned. perhaps i should come up with something since it's a firday and half the office will be out.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Bubbles wrote:

i have nothing planned. perhaps i should come up with something since it's a firday and half the office will be out.

do you like harmless, or mean pranks?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    i'll probably go with the usual and call in a few bomb threats

APRIL FOOLS
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Bubbles wrote:
    being that you are broke up, is it too soon to ask for her number?

thanks pal

PM sent. :)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    RKCNDY wrote:
    My friends and I tried a similar joke on a mutual friend...it was hilarious to keep up the charade...and then some not so nice things happened....'just saying'. (but if your family/friends are used to pranks then go for it!)

If they get upset it's their own problem for not having a tough sense of humor. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

If they get upset it's their own problem for not having a tough sense of humor. :lol:

true, and I guess the one guy should have told his girlfriend that it was a joke before we played the prank... :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    You'll See..
  • dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    Bubbles wrote:
    interesting avatar there mr. trout
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: sweet!
    Bubbles wrote:

You could try one that I've tried and BARELY missed pulling it off.

Fill your girlfriends hair-dryer full of baby powder when she's showering. Seriously, shortly after your bathroom will resemble a Cypress Hill concert in no time... but you might not get laid for a while.

It'll be so worth it though. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Bubbles wrote:

Fill your girlfriends hair-dryer full of baby powder when she's showering. Seriously, shortly after your bathroom will resemble a Cypress Hill concert in no time... but you might not get laid for a while.

:lol:

yeah...just don't see that happening. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Bubbles wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Bubbles wrote:

yeah...just don't see that happening. :lol:

I almost pulled it off. The damn girlfriend started tinkering with her blow-dryer. Of all the times!! :evil:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Oh God, I just thought of another idea...

Just turn the smoke alarm on and run into the bedroom super early screaming "FIRE!!"

That might not go down so well... :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    C'mon, I know there are some pranksters out there. Ya'll are disappointing the hell out of me. :cry:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • 13314_380275931654_550341654_3974032_3920257_n.jpg

I am pretty fond of tattoos. Last year, I posted this gem on facebook with a message about how I just loved my new tattoo (because smiling is my favorite). I even tagged my usual tattoo artist in the pic and he played along (it was a long session, but you sat still like a champ!) The responses ranged from: "Best Tattoo Ever" to "Are you out of your fucking mind??"
    13314_380275931654_550341654_3974032_3920257_n.jpg

I am pretty fond of tattoos. Last year, I posted this gem on facebook with a message about how I just loved my new tattoo (because smiling is my favorite). I even tagged my usual tattoo artist in the pic and he played along (it was a long session, but you sat still like a champ!) The responses ranged from: "Best Tattoo Ever" to "Are you out of your fucking mind??"
    That's awesome!! :lol::lol::lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    i'm just going to flip flop everyones mouse and keyboard wires. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    geez...you never asked for other suggestions... :roll:

*the person who always has an umbrella propped up in the corner of their desk/office...take the hole punch thingie, and empty out all 'holes' into the umbrella, fasten umbrella strap and replace...next time this person goes to use umbrella: surprize! it's snowing!

*steal mouse balls and hide them in pen cups

*adjust computer screen settings so the display is skewed, or in B/W, etc

*turn up the volume on the phones

*tape pictures of other people over someone's own pictures...heads only work really well, they usually don't notice for a few days

all harmless and silly...I don't need a time out. ;)

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    geez...you never asked for other suggestions... :roll:

*the person who always has an umbrella propped up in the corner of their desk/office...take the hole punch thingie, and empty out all 'holes' into the umbrella, fasten umbrella strap and replace...next time this person goes to use umbrella: surprize! it's snowing!

*steal mouse balls and hide them in pen cups

*adjust computer screen settings so the display is skewed, or in B/W, etc

*turn up the volume on the phones

*tape pictures of other people over someone's own pictures...heads only work really well, they usually don't notice for a few days

all harmless and silly...I don't need a time out. ;)

Hun, you know that my threads require no invitation! Especially one about pranks.

Think I might use your idea of taping the heads on pictures. My co-worker would get a kick out of that.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    give everyone a sex zombie cd, wait for chaos to ensue
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Bubbles wrote:
    give everyone a sex zombie cd, wait for chaos to ensue

By the way, it's the best Christmas gift ever. :roll:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    I'm master of pranks! I'm sure my prank will involve this website http://www.prankdial.com/pranks/calleridfaker

And me calling my friend to tell him I ran over his cat. He has pics of his cat in every store and corner with his phone number on there. I'm such a great friend!
    I'll be back
    So dc.......how'd the break-up go?

- Christopher McCandless
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    RKCNDY wrote:
    the person who always has an umbrella propped up in the corner of their desk/office...take the hole punch thingie, and empty out all 'holes' into the umbrella, fasten umbrella strap and replace...next time this person goes to use umbrella: surprize! it's snowing!

haha, for aminute there I thought you were going to say use the hole puncher on the umbrella and next time the person goes to use it: Suprise its RAINING!

but that would get you a time out for sure.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    RKCNDY wrote:

hehe...my brother was up and let his facebook logged in on my computer, so i posted "single again". logged in as myself and posted "what???" good times. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

hehe...my brother was up and let his facebook logged in on my computer, so i posted "single again". logged in as myself and posted "what???" good times. :lol:

he deserves that if he's gonna leave his FB open!

- Christopher McCandless
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

The girlfriend's brother has done that countless times. Although I usually say something like this:

"I love having huge, pulsating _____ in my mouth."

I'll let you fill in the blank, and yes... I'm very mature.
    RKCNDY wrote:

No one bought it. Fuckers. I told the girl that we'll try again later, and try harder... also on a day that's no so god damned obvious. I initially suggested this but she said "what's the point?"

Uh, the point is not being obvious! :roll:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL