Options

Input for record player upgrade please...

JzPJzP Posts: 931
edited March 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
My wife and I are ready to upgrade turntables. I really don't want to break the bank so I am budgeting somewhere around 300$. I would like a direct drive turntable and there is no need for a USB. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.... :D
~JzP
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    edited March 2011
    just did a quick cruise threw amazon .

1. Audio-Technica AT-PL120 Professional Direct-Drive -- didn't look bad in your price range

2. TECHNICS SL-1200MK2 -- i think this is the turntable everyone talks about being Very Nice

3. Rega - RP1 Turntable - belt drive . Nice big tone arm

just stay away from Crosley and You will be doing good .

Make sure what your looking for is Pre amped or not . and the stylus can be changed to upgrade

also check out :

http://www.needledoctor.com/New/Turntables
    Post edited by Jokertt14 on
  • Options
    jokertt wrote:
    just did a quick cruise threw amazon .

Audio-Technica AT-PL120 Professional Direct-Drive -- didn't look bad in your price range

TECHNICS SL-1200MK2 -- i think this is the turntable everyone talks about being Very Nice

Rega - RP1 Turntable - belt drive . Nice big tone arm

just stay away from Crosley and You will be doing good .

Make sure what your looking for is Pre amped or not . and the stylus can be changed to upgrade

Thanks a lot. We'll check em out. Does Pre amped mean that there is an internal amp, so it would not have to be hooked up to a receiver?
    ~JzP
  • Options
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Its for when you have to plug in threw the AUX.

If you do get a deck that is not Pre Amped and you plug threw the Aux they still play but the sound is Low !

some people use older receiver or just a receiver with the record player option .

After you get your record player then there is amps you can buy that are just as much as the decks . Not to mention how much those stylus can be . Your just getting started . But you have to start some were .

check out this site they would have the most straight up info . Check your PM on were to buy . Think about that!! and investigate it . . cheers ;)

http://www.needledoctor.com/New/Turntables
  • Options
    JzP wrote:

yeah that is a nice one . :D that dust cover is a must have !!
  • Options
    especially in my house!
    thanks so much for all your help.
    ~JzP
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    (Thanks a lot. We'll check em out. Does Pre amped mean that there is an internal amp, so it would not have to be hooked up to a receiver?)

You would still go threw the receiver . but you would go threw the AUX. .. Instead of using the receivers power to make sound .
  • Options
    JzP wrote:
    especially in my house!
    thanks so much for all your help.

Anytime my friend hope i was some kind of help . when i bought my first table i was confused . :lol::lol:
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I just got the Audio Technica AT-LP60 for 80 bucks. It's fantastic and a great deal. It's pre-amped so I just plugged them into my bose speakers I already had laying around and my record collection has come to life again!

What does the AT-LP120 have that the 60 doesn't?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    REGA RP1............has been great to me :mrgreen:
    ajb